• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Does congestion decrease insufflated effectivity?

arksenu

Bluelighter
Today and yesterday I insufflated around 90 mg of adderall, only to be disappointed by the lack of effects. Though I still felt it, it was very weak and produced more speedy effects rather than euphoric.

But then I remembered, I have been congested all week.

I was cleaning my nose and found that my mucus was a bright orange color (the same color of the snorted adderall pills).

So now I am left wondering: does this just mean that most of the adderall became stuck in the mucus, and never actually got past?

I wouldn't recommend snorting Adderall, instead eat it or plug it. It doesnt work the same way as Amphetamine sulphate.

I would assume if you were congested then not all of it actually made it up your nose to accomplish much.

Absorbtion from intranasal use is based on what amount is exposed to what area of mucus membranes before it goes down the back into your stomach. If you're congested, that reduces the amount of surface area available for contact with the drug, and reduces the amount of what comes into contact with what is available. tl;dr yes.

Congestion makes it harder to absorb anything intranasally in my experience, sometimes it gets stuck and stays there like what you experienced and other times it absorbs so slowly it doesn't give the effects I expected. It would probably be enough to just clean your nose prior to snorting anything but if this is something you do regularly consider that it might be part of why you're congested. You may be better of giving your sinuses a rest for a bit and not using or using via a different ROA.

I would have swallowed a small amount of adderal first, for me, amphetamines are great decongestants