• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does Autism make it hard to trip?

You're just dripping with judgment about people not on the autism spectrum. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy your posts, but wow. I'm sure you're just reacting to injustices done to you in the past or something, but any time you group everyone in a category together as being a certain way, you're contributing to the problems in the world, whether it's all people with autism, or all people of a certain race, or all people without autism.

You're just dripping with judgment about people not on the autism spectrum. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy your posts, but wow. I'm sure you're just reacting to injustices done to you in the past or something, but any time you group everyone in a category together as being a certain way, you're contributing to the problems in the world, whether it's all people with autism, or all people of a certain race, or all people without autism.

qft

I never assumed you couldn't socialize, but my point was that you should try not to make sweating a common part of your language or you'll swear when you do I've mean to

Xorkoth-not about NTs as a whole. There certainly are autie supremacists around, I'm not one of them. Its curebie filth I hate. Yeah, curebies are NT, but saying I despise NTs because I hate a certain subset of them who are of a certain, vile ideology is like saying I'm a member of the KKK if I meet a single black individual and for reasons totally unrelated to race, and due to the actions of the individual and/or what that single black individual stands for, that I hate everybody with black skin.

No, I don't hate NTs. I'll admit, I'm not sexually attracted to them, but for a simile along those lines, you could compare it to being or not being homosexual. You either are, or aren't. I've had relationships with NT women and I just..well it just doesn't work. There is all the attraction there that there would be if I were to attempt to get in bed with a man (I am male, and heterosexual). Every NT relationship I've ever been in has been a complete and absolute disaster.

Taco-sure, I swear a lot. But when I do I intend to, not counting sudden nasty surprises, such as stubbed toes, falling down the stairs, being zapped with an electric shock or somebody making me jump out of my skin when I don't expect them to be right behind me etc. And if there are kids around, then I'm considerate enough to swear in such situations in such a way as they won't pick it up (such as cursing in latin, or swearing in sign language )

not counting sudden nasty surprises, such as stubbed toes,

Urgh man, I winced at that. Nothing worse. Well, other than stepping on lego. =D

I'm a pretty chilled person but a stubbed toe really makes my head tingle (?) and rush with anger. It must be some kind of evolutionary response to sudden pain or something. I can feel it just typing it.

Well its the natural human response, isn't it, to shout something along the lines of 'shitting cunting bloody sodding BOLLOCKS!' when you suddenly stub your toe. Or worse still, what happened to me a few months back. I stepped downwards and caught my toenail against my bed. Ripped my toenail off. Or almost, it left it hanging off by just a tiny shred of tissue, had to remove it by using a pair of electrician's pliers to finish the job and rip it off completely, after first covering the raw nail bed in 20% benzocaine and covering the inside of a convenient muscle in 5ml of a warm, saturated solution of morphine sulfate plus as much oxy as I could dissolve in same.

And I'm surprised if you didn't HEAR the torrent of admittedly pretty revolting language in ASL sign language. If you heard a long and protracted string of verbal foul terminology in 5-6 different languages, interspersed with some rather black imprecations howled and shrieked in the names of some of the less desirable ancient greek deities of the kind that are somewhat explicitly NOT to be found in Olympus, more.....used to southerly climes...very..very..southern climes in fact, Any further south and you'd find yourself freezing your tits off at the north pole, and still worse things howled, shrieked and bellowed in sign language loud enough to wake the dead and the accompanying screaming horror at finding themselves reanimated but still stuck in a pine box in a 6-foot deep filled-in hole in the dirt.

If you heard something like that, followed by 'my fucking TOENAIL! jesus cunting mother of jumping shitting christ on a bastarding bike' from somewhere around the middle of the UK....mea culpa. And YOU winced? YOU did?!?

Don't know about lego, never had the pleasure. But have stood on the upturned plug of one of my mag stirrer hotplates. That was not fun whatsoever. And I'm just thankful I hadn't opened that bottle of iodine monochloride by the time I stood on the fucker. I was just about to put my shoes on, get working, then suddenly YAARRGGGGHHHBOLLOCKSOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWWOWOWOWWOW!

I think your absolutely right. It isn't as if your being offensive in such a case, its as natural as bleeding after cutting yourself, or crapping blood after eating seafood curry from an arab takeout about 6 hours later. Or being one of the poor unfortunate tudor/victorian sods to have the rotten luck to walk under the houses of somebody needing to empty their chamber pot, after the entire family of 10 had food poisoning, and as a result ending up being doused in a mixture of all three bodily ejecta, right at the very moment one happened to look upwards=D

Its not swearing..its the result of a few tens of millenia of human and protohuman evolution. Well not the stirrer-hotplate plug and nearly knocking over a bottle of iodine monochloride and melting my foot off; given the distinct lack of electric power supplies and interhalogens during the main portion of human evolution. But it can't be helped. Its just one of those things.

Theres no extent of chilled that will cancel out such a sudden horrible shock. Although nothing worse? I'd say having a toenail off is far, far worse than just stubbing a toe, or even stepping on a plug.

Well that's exactly what I meant, but whatever works for you. Just sharing my advice take it or leave it

Not that I suggest you try it, I really don't recommend it one bit, but I reckon you'd have had a fairly similar reaction if you suddenly and unexpectedly had a toenail torn off bar for a shred of flesh, that you had to finish ripping it off with pliers. That'd make anybody swear.

As for causing offense, if I mean to cause offense then I do, but I don't without good reason either. If I am set on by others, then sure, but I generally don't start trouble.

I'm not complaining... I'm just suggesting as say you're in an interview and you mess up or leave something at home.. If you drop the wrong swear even in another language thinking you're funny it can cost you a job. Just saying bro

Also, ms.hoe

'' if we are "taking them out bowling" but they hate leaving the house then we are kind of forcing on them our version of a normal life. I blame the parents for being all "he has to go out and do normal things!" just accept they are not like you and let them be happy doing what they want. If they could talk and operate money successfully they could do what they bloody well liked and you would have to put up with it

i hardly ever used restraint even cos i think its bullshit and makes them more angry at you ''

THIS /\ /\ /\

But, as far as 'if you are functional good for you and fuck the rest'
you've taken me literally

i meant fuck everyone else (not as you have presumed- that thing whch you have presumed )

i used to wipe these peoples arses so i hardly think they dont deserve to be treated well

:|

you're looking for a negative possibility if two possibilites are presented and jumping on the one that allows you maximum outrage

get over it ffs

life has bigger problems

as do autistic people in general

calm down

chil ur beans

put that ice on cream etc.

Easy poefacedhoe, just read your words wrong is all. No offense taken, and I assure you I'm not outraged.

I've nothing but admiration for those who devote their time to helping autie/aspie kids (or adults if they need it), so nothing to get over. Its all good, at least, I hope so, no offense caused on my part, I hope?

no, I am autistic and am very sensitive to acid trips. Is he on any antipsychotics or SSRI's? This could contribute to the issue.

I was diagnosed with Asperger's in 2008. I know for sure I can trip, but I can also think very logical, so my mind doesn't move too far away.

Yeah I feel the same about the logical thinking making reintegrating rather easy and fast relatively speaking... I think it would really require some genetic defect for an autistic person to be psychotic but that is just conjecture of course.

On the other hand, years ago when I tripped heavily on acid weekly my skeptical thinking just went out the window, I also wasn't as aware of the ways of skepticism until when I revised all that silly flighty bullshit in my head. It's nice to reconcile skepticism with spirituality although religion can go fuck itself.

Not sure how many more autistic people this thread requires to point out that while it may make things a little easier especially on the comedown, no it is actually different from acutely being effectively immune or hardheaded.

And yes, some people with autism are prescribed anti-psychotics like seroquel to carpet-bomb some of the issues. It's a really stupid habit in my opinion especially considering pregabalin is amazing for these purposes in my experience and not at all a dirty neuroleptic carpet-bomb. I was diagnosed by one of my country's leading researchers on the subject, maybe I should send a message about pregabalin.

Last edited:
Yeah, using antipsychotics like that is fucking disgusting, especially when some auties/aspies have no voice with which to demand it be stopped, or could be unable to communicate about awful things like akathisia.

Easy poefacedhoe, just read your words wrong is all. No offense taken, and I assure you I'm not outraged.

I've nothing but admiration for those who devote their time to helping autie/aspie kids (or adults if they need it), so nothing to get over. Its all good, at least, I hope so, no offense caused on my part, I hope?

obviously i'm not offended

i have autistic friends and probably have some kind of aspergers myself so i was like "oh this is what its like to watch from the outside"

i make these kind of things myself pretty regular

also the antipsychotics thing was for non verbal extremely challenging behaviour autistics

eg. pushing people down the stairs, smashing chairs over heads, drop kicking your parents in the face, slapping people constantly (100 slaps per hour), the list goes on.

just like some NT's like violence so do individual autistics but with the tendency for repetition and not being able to express your feelings it can get intense

I've just always felt that there has to be some better way for the sort of autie/aspie kids who are likely to kick someone in the head, than doing the same to them chemically. Its just an instinctive 'eww' sort of reaction.

And of course, some people are going to be assholes no matter what, in fact a joint tie for the worst arsehole I've ever met is between a violent (outright dangerous type, attempted rapist, likes flashing genitalia at small children and kicking the shit out of people for fun...hell even his friend (I'd be surprised if he had more than one) gets the name 'brick 'ead' for the tendency he has to break bricks with his thick, chav skull thrown or smashed over his head by the first fucker. Quite the charming individual......)

But the other worst one, a joint tie, was autistic, but also a histrionic, narcissistic, serial liar, klepto, bipolar, multiple-false-rape-crying hell bitch with a vindictive streak wider than britney spears' nether regions to put it mildly. Oh, and attempted murderer. Made out that her parents were beating the shit out of her, abusing her, and before I got to see the carefully hidden other side of her too late, after she got here, told her I'd help out and help her relocate to the UK, found out later she'd faked an engagement to some guy, to sell the ring, then denounced him as a rapist to get him out of the way to get enough money to get out of the country (to be fair I did hear plenty evidence of some real vicious sounding scraps between her and her parents, screaming, heavy slamming noises into doors, abuse flying and it quite honestly sounded like all the devils in hell had broken loose and gone on the rampage)

In the end, crazy bitch tried to kill me, tried to slice me in half with a katana, after kicking in my bedroom door because I told her she wasn't coming in to feed her pet fish until I'd had a moment to get out of bed and throw some clothes on. Thankfully she didn't count on my being a better swordsman than she was, or that at the time I had a revolver within easy reach. Looking back it would have saved me a lot of trouble if I'd have done her in then and there, rolled her up in her bedding and taken it out to the middle of nowhere to be soaked in diesel and lit up like a 'human' xmas tree.

Although she was the exception to the rule, a crazy borderline PD bitch from hell. I wonder from time to time how many people she's either had locked up for rapes they didn't commit (never tried it on me, I'd have to have slept with her first, and god no..just...fucking christ no! Some people are just fuckups from day one, autistic or not.

I know this is a bit old, but I just wanted to comment that I have aspergers and I have tripped hard on a ton of psychedelics, especially LSD. I've never heard of anti-psychotics being a particularly common medication given to people on the spectrum, especially "high functioning", though I've taken seroquel for sleep in the past. It's certainly possible that certain types of medication could have blocked the effects, though much less likely than other drugs. I've tripped many times on all kinds of SSRIs and SNRIs, the only thing ever particularly affected by them was MDMA.

Autism is a neurological condition and it's such a massive spectrum with so many sub-types that it's just as difficult to generalize how it might affect autistic individuals as it is neurotypical people.

I don't think tripping would be particularly different for someone on the spectrum, maybe comedowns could be a bit more uncomfortable or maybe some people on the spectrum might be more prone to becoming fearful of a new experience, lack of control of their environment, etc etc. Maybe some people might be more prone to struggle with emotional aspects of it. I'm not sure. I've done LSD more times than I can count and I've never reacted badly.

Definitely though, people on the autism spectrum can trip hard. I'm not sure why he didn't seem to respond to it, but I'm certain it has nothing to do with his autism. You are certain he actually took it and wasn't just hiding it because he was too nervous to tell you? I dunno, I'm not sure why else haha. Brains are strange and complex though, so who knows.

Also,autism isn't a mental health challenge, it's not a mental health disorder. It's a neurological condition that you are born with - aka, it's the way your brain is wired and processes your environment etc. It's not something that needs to be "overcome", it's a natural variation of neurotypes. I feel far more "disabled" by a narrow society that only recognizes, values and structures their world around neurotypical ways of seeing and functioning. The only thing I've had to overcome with aspergers is a society that views and treats people with any neurological difference (ADHD, ASD, etc) as broken, bad and malfunctioning, and so unlearning all of that has been quite a journey.