• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Does anyone have any information regarding Tardyl (Glutethimide/Amobarbital/Promethazine)?

TheJuner

Bluelighter
Hi, sorry if this isn't the right board to post this on (I'm pretty new to bluelight). Sedatives, glutethimide, barbiturates, benzodiazepines, z-drugs, etc. have interested me for quite some time now. Glutethimide specifically because not only was glutethimide a unique sedative (neither a benzodiazepine nor a barbiturate) and abundantly euphoric but also because of its CYP2D6 enzyme inducing properties. While Doriden is practically extinct in the US (with glutethimide production ceasing in 1993) Europe continued the production of glutethimide for the next 13 years before stopping in 2006. While doriden and it's abuse is fascinating, what really caught my attention was a combination drug prescribed in Hungary called Tardyl, where glutethimide was combined with amobarbital and promethazine. However, I can't gather much information on this product. I've found some papers, and the prescribing info in Hungarian, but there's no images of packaging or the pill itself. Does anyone know anything about this drug/where I could find information about this? Thanks.

The only proper references to Tardyl are forensic toxicology with glutethimide being the drug found in toxic amounts in the plasma of victims.

Glutethimide is a CYP2D6 inducer... and we are ALL looking for one of them that isn't also toxic due to it's other actions. Mixed with codeine/dihydrocodeine/hydrocodone/oxycodone, glutethamide can be very dangerous indeed.

So unless you REALLY know your stuff, please stay well away from it. We don't want to see you in the BL shrine.

The only proper references to Tardyl are forensic toxicology with glutethimide being the drug found in toxic amounts in the plasma of victims.

Glutethimide is a CYP2D6 inducer... and we are ALL looking for one of them that isn't also toxic due to it's other actions. Mixed with codeine/dihydrocodeine/hydrocodone/oxycodone, glutethamide can be very dangerous indeed.

So unless you REALLY know your stuff, please stay well away from it. We don't want to see you in the BL shrine.
Yeah, I'm aware of the recreational use of glutethimide specifically in combination with opioids (codeine specifically because the CYP2D6 properties allowed for more of the codeine to be converted into morphine), there were a lot of ODs in American cities on the East Coast directly caused by the "Dors and 4s" combination.

Tardyl itself is a dangerous combination, there's a whole paper about it being used by pregnant women in Eastern Europe to attempt suicide.

HYdrocodone, oxycodone, dihydrocodeine & even tramadol are O-demethylated by the same liver enzyme.