• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids does anyone else think opiates have other health benefits besides just pain relief

What is the point about arguing over something subjective when we know this class of drugs feels very good. Usually very good to the point of ruining lives beyond repair.

Lol I've never seen people argue like this maybe several of the thread posters are in withdrawal right now.

@LaCuNa of course! We all can agree on that. Everyone ever probably? It's hard to discern once that line is crossed and then by the time its everyday (again or for the first time daily user born into this type of player) there's just not much incentive for probably ever years to fall back. For many I'd imagine falling back is never going to be an option.

I used again for the good ole days feels probably knowing who I am and what *could* happen. I felt confident that it wouldn't be more than that though and it wasn't... but I could sense that for someone with minimal experience and no history of negative opiate life chapters 2-3 days of pharmaceutical goodness could become 10 years easily lol! Not everyone likes opioids or opiates and that is a very good thing in my opinion. Not many things in life are that wonderful that destroy everything simultaneously. Still... some can maintain heroin addiction for decades and decades and raise children. That is still incredibly rare but it would be close-minded to say that that is impossible to have existing out there in this kind of world. I still think that heroin is one of the most difficult life decisions many on bluelight will ever have to struggle with. No one deserves a life of agony from just trying something that is said to be "incredible." However, oxy over heroin if anyone is trying to stay an opiate game player. I did try it twice (don't ask why the reason is way dumber and I didn't know it was a "stamp"). Glad I did not like that heroin or else I know where I would be right now and not typing on a forum.

Last edited:
Oxycodone HCL is the BEST anti-depressant I’ve Ever had the pleasure of taking. No other opioid came even remotely close, IV Hydromorphone, H, Morphine, Methadone, etc.

a Brompton Cocktail would be my last meal

Oxycodone had a euphoric warmth, alert & sociable, zero stress or negative energy, like being transformed into a 7 year old kid the night before Christmas, all warm and cozy beside a crackling fireplace, too excited to sleep because Santa is coming :)
I just had a flashback, 2012 I was 17yo with 2 sealed bottles of 10mg old school Oxycontin. Not even MDMA has made me feel that good. Oh the honeymoon phase with opis is the best, then its just pure horror.
OT:U dont get sick as often when you're on opiates
You age slower, at least physically you appear younger.

OxyContin helped me tremendously last couple of weeks when I had covid ! I think it helped my cough and body aches . It was a god send really. I ran out at one point and the withdrawal and covid had me thinking I could not breathe , luckily I saw my guy and got more and I could breath again .

The observations of a doctor way back when, that I believe still hold relevant today; both for his acute distinction between individual cases, and his refusal to condemn the drug outright purely for reasons of ideology.

Dr. N. Roe Brandner 1889:

"When, however, we find addiction to the use of the drug was acquired through its proper use, for antagonizing a disease of any kind that still exists, or even through prolonged use of the drug, I am satisfied that better results will follow the conservative (maintenance) than the heroic (forced abstinence) treatment.

For instance, I think it would be, and in a case that came under my observation WAS, unwise, unprofessional and cruel, to suddenly deprive an old man, past 80 years of age, of a moderate dose of opium that he has taken daily for more than 40 years. Such treatment I call indiscretion.

It resulted in the old gentleman's commitment to an insane asylum, and if the heroic treatment had been continued, his wretched existence would have terminated ; whereas recurrence to a daily grain of opium (not morphine), to which he had been long accustomed, CLOTHED HIM AGAIN IN HIS RIGHT MIND [emphasis mine] and enabled him to live out his natural life contented and happy and agreeable, even attractively so, to those with whom he was accustomed.

I believe that addiction may result from proper use, as prescribed by a physician, BUT NOT OFTEN [emphasis mine], and surely insufficiently so as to indicate that we should not prescribe opium. "

Last edited:
If you have an addictive personality, opiates are highly likely to eventually result in far more pain than if you had never touched them. Most people who use them are not drug addicts and use them as prescribed for pain and never develop issues, or even if they get dependent due to length of time treating pain, are able to taper off and not develop a serious problem.

Opiates for recreational use is a slippery slope. One I definitely wish I had never ventured upon.

To the thread topic, many people report experiencing far fewer common illnesses like colds when on opioids. I am never sure whether that's because minor illnesses are just masked, or if there is actually some effect where your immune system is strengthened.

I've definitely experienced the horrors of opioid addiction. But I've also enjoyed the benefits of relief from chronic pain and some of the psychological positives from regular use of narcotics.
It's a mixed bag (pardon the pun)......just like Life itself.

If you have an addictive personality, opiates are highly likely to eventually result in far more pain than if you had never touched them. Most people who use them are not drug addicts and use them as prescribed for pain and never develop issues, or even if they get dependent due to length of time treating pain, are able to taper off and not develop a serious problem.

Opiates for recreational use is a slippery slope. One I definitely wish I had never ventured upon.

To the thread topic, many people report experiencing far fewer common illnesses like colds when on opioids. I am never sure whether that's because minor illnesses are just masked, or if there is actually some effect where your immune system is strengthened.
Everything here is spot on thank you shadow

True.. but tell me one person here who has stayed a chipper for longer than 2 years
Within my own limited acquaintance, 12 people.

Since I severely doubt the statistical probability of ALL the world's random outlier unicorn moderate opiate users uniquely comprising MY social sphere, I'd say there's likely a ton more of us than anyone is prepared to even entertain the thought of.

The reason we are not visible is because heavy users by nature associate with other heavy users, while moderates do their utmost to stay clear of the 'junkie scene' apart from a contact or two to score.

Last edited:
I read an official document from the German Armed Forces / NAZI / WWII era ….the scientists / pharmacologists chose Oxycodone (Eukadol) for their special cocktail DX-something ? over all other opioids because Oxycodone had potent re-enforcing properties similar to Cocaine (which was also an API in this bad-@$$ cocktail

Pervitin (Methylamphetamine)
Eukadol (Oxycodone)
Cocaine hcl

Side Note: wouldn’t Methamphetamine & Cocaine be counter productive ? …Cocaine is a triple reputable inhibitor that blocks the monoamine transporters that Methamphetamine is reliant on in its mechanism of action. It’s advisable to take amphetamine first (releases all the monoamines) then Cocaine (or Ritalin) taken an hour or so after will block the reputable of these released monoamines DA/NE/SER

Lol, yes…the honeymoon faze is akin to heaven….when I was 20 and got my first script for OxyIR-5 and OxyContin 10mg (3x daily) for a painful condition …..the Euphoria was out of this world. Very similar to when I got my first Ritalin 10mg IR script

taken together (baseline tolerance for both) …..Amazingly Pleasurable (chased with a hard drink & smoke)
Oxycodone IR 10mg
Ritalin IR 10mg

It's a mixed bag (pardon the pun)......just like Life itself.
The telling difference I have observed between the moderately - using people (and we're talking from 7 - 15 years use with no significant issue or dependency ; most use H but some use other opioids) and my junkie mates is this :

The moderates both never relied on the drug to manage their mental states, AND they never had the conviction that an opiate high is something unmatched by any other of life's pleasures. And absolutely both of that at one DID time apply to me - I both felt like I absolutely needed it to get through a single day and also thought it was the best thing on the sodding planet - which is how I ended up in the way I ended up.

Also the two groups don't mix. The non-junkies of my acquaintance make a point of not associating with heavy users, they're not really involved with that whole scene apart from one or two scoring contacts.
Most don't even directly buy from a dealer but cop through one of the regular users.

Also, interesting to me from a sociological point of view, I'm generally regarded with suspicion by both sides because I sort - of straddle the divide.
Some of the moderate guys look at me sideways because of my past addicted phase, and also because I'm damned if I stop seeing mates just because said mates are full-on. Whereas the other lot thinks I've basically 'gone straight' now and ALSO look at me sideways. XD

Most don't even directly buy from a dealer but cop through one of the regular users.

I agree with everything you say, but the quote above is the only difference between a chipper and a junkie imo.

I was a chipper for about 13 years before developing a full blown addiction. But that was only because I had to rely on regular users to score - but as we all know, junkies aren't exactly reliable so supply is often erratic.

This all changed when I found my own dealer. Chipper to junkie in one fell swoop.

I defy anyone who likes heroin to continue casual use once they find a reliable supply...

I defy anyone who likes heroin to continue casual use once they find a reliable supply...
All I can say is I personally know several. In fact, a good handful.

And what distinguishes those people from the junkies isn't the supply.
It's their motivation for using.

Drugs don't inherently contain 'addictiveness'. That's not a chemical property. That happens inside the mind of the individual user.

Heroin was once my lifeblood and my everything. My only joy, only peace, only comfort; my daily need. Now it's merely one of life's many pleasures.
Heroin is still the same drug. I am still the same person. Nothing has fundamentally changed except for my relationship to that drug.

You, by your own account, went from long - term chipper to junkie. I went from paid - up junkie to chipper yet I still got all my contacts and could score whenever I felt that way inclined. I've been a casual user for exactly one year longer as of now than I was a compulsive user, and have never felt the slightest temptation to go back to my past ways.

On the other hand, I'm being offered coke and crack and meth more or less on the daily. Drugs that are supposedly as 'inherently addictive' as any of the opiates. Well they've never done anything for me so no amount of opportunities for acquiring them is gonna make me a stimulant addict.

By the same token I've known someone to try an opiate and either get ZERO effect, or absolutely hate the effect they WERE getting.
I also know a fair few stimulant users that are TOTALLY sold hook line and proverbial sinker on their DOC.

It's nothing simply to do with ease of access. It's nothing simply to do with the chemistry of any particular substance.
It's EVERYTHING to do with how well do you individually respond to the drug; what do you want from it , and does XYZ seem to give it to you. That's where addiction begins and ends.

Last edited:
I’m proud to be a chipper because at the end of the day I’m still getting high but within limits. Knowing that I still have self control while using makes me feel more powerful. When I was in full blown junkie mode things were too chaotic.

Also I prefer mixing instead of just using 1 substance.

Last edited:
I absolutely know that Opiates have significant health benefits above killing pain. As a bi-polar person opiates can keep me on a level much better than the Lithium can. I can face the world far more easily. I get thro woke well and it’s of a great quality. The current demonisation of opiates in politically led buy people with no real interest in the subject. It’s a sham so many people are unable to get hold of what I consider to be an extremely helpful substance. I’m not suggesting children buy it from the sweet shop, but adults, under a sensibl controlled system, we should be able to get it without needing to justify ourselves. In the case of addicts, they can be helped and tapered and encouraged. The worst thing to do to an addict is cut them off. Just my thoughts anyway 😀

Tramadol has been found to have pro-immune system effects.

The rest have immunosuppressant effects. Although I will say I've experienced less yearly colds on buprenorphine than I did when I wasn't on it.

And I won't even touch up on opiates/legality/beneficial use anymore. I think everyone here knows my stance on opiates.