does anyone else feel like trap/rap is dead?

morphineoxysbenzos

Bluelighter
i hate all the new beats/artists coming out. some of its original and it's okay it's just something i only like listening to here and there not much.

i miss the old trap/drill beats like young chop and lex luger type stuff. even 10 years later it still sounds good and like the perfect sound and i like how most of it sounds like it was made by someone in a basement with a pirated version of FL studio and you can tell they were really doing it because they liked it and it took a lot of work.

beats used to have a lot to them like snare rolls, a bunch of different melodies and sounds, the snares hitting perfectly, filling all the empty spaces with noise, all the beats sounded different if you pay attention, and they had unique stuff like 808 rolls and having the beat switch up. it feels like rap music is dead now. they just use some boring generic beat, everyone uses the same flow or auto tune, and it gets marketed to death and shoved in everyones face and it's just some random gang banger with face tattoos who comes out of nowhere drops an album and then goes to prison.

i noticed lyrics have gotten a lot darker too. trap used to be about money, having fun, hanging out with friends, getting rich, smoking weed, and yeah there was violence but it seems like rap today is about nothing but murder and degeneracy literally. it wouldn't surprise me if labels were recruiting these idiots because it's cheap and then they go mainstream and then when they go to prison they get control over their royalties or something and their contracts are probably horrible.

Trap has always been about violence, drug dealing, and the skreets. It got a little more commercial and that could have changed the lyrics a bit, but it's roots are pretty damn hard.

There's good new stuff. It's always a struggle to find good new stuff. Compared to the old stuff which has been previously vetted by yourself and others, listening to new music always has a risk that it could be bad. Also maybe you just haven't learned the way to like newer rap.

i hate all the new beats/artists coming out. some of its original and it's okay it's just something i only like listening to here and there not much.

i miss the old trap/drill beats like young chop and lex luger type stuff. even 10 years later it still sounds good and like the perfect sound and i like how most of it sounds like it was made by someone in a basement with a pirated version of FL studio and you can tell they were really doing it because they liked it and it took a lot of work.

beats used to have a lot to them like snare rolls, a bunch of different melodies and sounds, the snares hitting perfectly, filling all the empty spaces with noise, all the beats sounded different if you pay attention, and they had unique stuff like 808 rolls and having the beat switch up. it feels like rap music is dead now. they just use some boring generic beat, everyone uses the same flow or auto tune, and it gets marketed to death and shoved in everyones face and it's just some random gang banger with face tattoos who comes out of nowhere drops an album and then goes to prison.

i noticed lyrics have gotten a lot darker too. trap used to be about money, having fun, hanging out with friends, getting rich, smoking weed, and yeah there was violence but it seems like rap today is about nothing but murder and degeneracy literally. it wouldn't surprise me if labels were recruiting these idiots because it's cheap and then they go mainstream and then when they go to prison they get control over their royalties or something and their contracts are probably horrible.
Always quite tricky isnt it, when street music gets duped out of the sampling tradition & flogged on to some hyper linear 808 shit. Inevitably yo, kinda turns to shit right there.