• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Doctor's orders and my own little twist. Is this safe?

novelist

Greenlighter
So, my doctored prescribed me to take Voxra and Escitalopram -named medicines. He said from that combination past results have shown good results(doubt it).

I've almost took every single ssri, snri and those few other medicines that aren't ssri's or snri's, none have helped for my social phobias, anxiety and depression.

So...

I wonder is it safe to use Flubromazolam with these two, all together at once?

If your not willing to listen to your doctors advice, I hardly see you listening to somebody on a forum.

studies show that ssri's don't work better than placebo. If you don't think they're gonna work, they've got about a 0% chance of working.

studies show that ssri's don't work better than placebo. If you don't think they're gonna work, they've got about a 0% chance of working.

Okay. You're that side of two teams. I think believing is important too to get you feel better.

Placebo or not, I'm still going for it (doesn't cost me anything), so I have nothing to lose here. I'm trying to get some therapy sessions also, but they're very expensive here.

I don't have too many options here.

Still, I haven't had an answer to my question; is using Flam safe with these all combined? I use Flam only for social anxiety, once or twice a week with little doses.

I've never heard of a benzo having contradictions when used with SSRIs or SNRIs. So yes it is safe. Be careful though depression and I telnet ordered benzos can be an explosive combo concerning addiction.

Placebo or not, I'm still going for it (doesn't cost me anything), so I have nothing to lose here.

Nothing to lose besides whatever balance your mind has no matter how little it feels. If you just need therapy say so. Don't think that you need psych meds for therapy. They can easily make things worse and while they help people I am sure their recovery would have been better long term without drugs possibly smoother short term. You don't need drugs for help and they are usually anything, but this

I don't think any use of flubromazolam is wise. There's too many problems associated with that one.

I tried every known SSRI and a few other SNRI and some tricyclic antidepressants and none of them did anything for me until I tried viibryd. Did wonders for me, I do not know how or why but it literally changed my life. And it started working almost immediately with no noticeable side effects. No weight gain, no sexual issues, no extra depression takes about 20 to 40% of my depression away, then the bupe probably gets rid of some more like 10%

Flub should be okay to mix, BUT it is HIGHLY addictive.

The only use for Flubromazolam seems to be debilitating insomnia, the kind that's so hardcore that a doctor would script you Triazolam or Midazolam.

It seems strange that if you do suffer from treatment-resistant anxiety, the doctor wouldn't try prescribing Alprazolam or Lorazepam... did you suffer from addiction problems in the past that he would be hesitant to do so? Even then, you should still be able to maybe score a script for Pregabalin (Lyrica) which has a far smaller potential for abuse.

But really, pretty much all reports suggest that Flubromazolam simply is bad news on its own - blackouts, binging, extreme rebound effects rapidly accelerating the downward spiral towards addiction.... if you absolutely feel you need to try an RC benzo (which you really, really, shouldn't) you'd be much better off with Etizolam, Pyrazolam or Clonazolam.

Btw, from my google search, "Voxra" seems to be the Swedish brand name for Bupropion (best known internationally as "Wellbutrin")... maybe you should give it a chance, since its effects are substantially different from SSRIs (it inhibits Dopamine and Noradrenaline instead).

I don't think any use of flubromazolam is wise. There's too many problems associated with that one.
Agreed. I got hooked on the stuff and suffered months of horrendous ammesia, then seizures and psychosis (i have no prior history of either) when i decided to cut back my use.
Worst drug I've ever taken, from a health and psychological perspective. It won't help you to get into a better place mentally or emotionally; it will muddy your mental faculties and really is playing with fire if you use it regularly.
Dangerous stuff; i learned the hard way.

Last edited:
After reading your comments about FLam, I've decided to stop using them and throw them away.

Luckily I have not developed any tolerance with them yet, so I think this is the right path to go.

I am afraid I have absolutely no expertise regarding either your question or your condition.

But, I recently learned that Beta-blockers were sometimes prescribed for social anxiety with good results. You probably already know that but I thought I'd share just in case.

After reading your comments about FLam, I've decided to stop using them and throw them away.

Luckily I have not developed any tolerance with them yet, so I think this is the right path to go.

Wait, what? :? Usually there's a lot more making excuses and rationalizing when you tell somebody to give up their benzos, so count yourself lucky that they haven't yet had the time to sink their hooks into your GABA receptors. But seriously, good choice! %)

Still, if you have significant anxiety issues, I'd suggest asking your doctor for Pregabalin (Lyrica) to take care of your persistent "background" anxiety, and maybe later try adding 0.5-1mg/day of Lorazepam or 0.25-0.5 mg/day of Alprazolam for situations where you experience acute anxiety (again, keep in mind that while Lorazepam and Alprazolam aren't quite as likely to give you blackouts, they are still extremely addictive substances).

We have a free health care system in our country and our psychiatrists don't prescribe benzo's because they are highly addictive, so...

Of course I could go to some private clinic and pay some money, but at this point I'll go with these two meds the doctor advised me to take.

Four years ago when me and my gf back then broke up, I got some benzos, because I was going through this most difficult time of my life, so then I got 'em for 4 weeks, but later... Not a chance.

But if these things don't work I'll ask my doctor about those Lyricas.

And btw, thanks guys for your answers! I appreciate your help.