• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DOC dry volumetric dosing

I also believe that 2-Propanol shouldn't be more toxic than Ethanol itself...

I wouldn't at all expect any concerns. Would dissolve at 1mg/ml, so when measuring out a dose (let's assume 2.5mg) there should be no more than 2.5ml of IPA to begin with - which itself is nowhere near toxic levels. Evaporation should see pretty much the entirety of that removed anyway :)

You could do that, the IPA will evap fine. But, why would you want to use IPA over liquor? I either use everclear (95% ethanol) plus water, or I just use any type of hard liquor by itself, vodka, whiskey, etc. Then I don't have to evaporate it before dosing (if you do that you'll have to scrape it up and may lose a bit).

Well thanks for clearing that up . It wasn't a great concern but it's nice not to have these things spooking in the back of your head when you're travelling.

Sadly everclear can't be found here (NL), and high proof ethanol is really expensive.

You could do that, the IPA will evap fine. But, why would you want to use IPA over liquor? I either use everclear (95% ethanol) plus water, or I just use any type of hard liquor by itself, vodka, whiskey, etc. Then I don't have to evaporate it before dosing (if you do that you'll have to scrape it up and may lose a bit).

Ironically, I have immediate access to IPA in my house, but not any kind of liquor :p would have to actually go buy some.

However I'm likely going to go with washing out an empty glass AAS vial, and diluting with bacteriostatic water to 1mg/ml.