• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do you think cannabis legal age should be 21 (CO weed policy)

Trying2Iso

Bluelighter
In the 3 states that have legalized recreational cannabis in US, the age required is 21, the same as alcohol.

My opinion is that i personally think both drinking and cannabis age limit should be 18, because i know many people under 21 who are responsible enough to use either, and i know MANY over 21 who aren't responsible enough to handle pretty much any drug.

However, i think that we should support the 21 age limit anyway, because it is probably more likely for a state to pass a cannabis legalization with an age 21 limit than an age 18 limit,
and altho cannabis has been shown to be safer than alcohol, saying it is equal is easier for most reluctant people to accept than trying to say it's better.
Better age 21 legal than not legal at all IMO

age doesn't matter IMO. If someone wants to smoke some green they will find their way regardless if they're 10 or 80. Age restrictions are just ethics. But In reality a drug like weed can't be heavily regulated like booze. I mean youths still find their way into a swimming pool full of liquor. So imagine weed. It'll be far easier to score regardless of regulations.

But In a perfect society I think 18 years is the age for adults to make their own decisions and hopefully responsibly so. For any regulated substance. We learn on our own and through experience.

In terms of legalization I don't fully support it unless they heavily regulate THC concentrations and keep the balance within the cannabinoids so that weed doesn't become this "hard-drug" that I believe it's becoming.

^^ so are you against dabs being legal then, because they have really high THC levels?
Just wondering, would those regulations you propose ban people from making BHO out of their weed?

18 is the legal age for buying and drinking alcohol here so I would hope that if cannabis was ever to be legalised here (maybe in like 20 years lol) it would also be 18 and over.

I'm pretty OK with having the THC concentration levels regulated to under a certain level too. I don't really think there is much need to have REALLY highly potent weed. If you need it THAT strong I think there is a very high chance you are abusing the hell out of it and should chill a bit.

Personally I wont weed to be legal so I can choose to buy less potent weed. All the stuff I buy on the black market is way too potent for me and I vape nearly every day, usually only the once at night after a busy days work. And it just hammers me.

If I use some during the day when I have other people here I often show signs of being way too stoned. So yeah I'd actually like to be able to buy less potent weed, but since it's all black market here I don't get any choice, it's a case of buy what the dealer has or go without.

Well hear this. I'm no fan of dabs. I've never actually had a hit from a proper rig. But I've hit a dab on a nail bong, a vaporizer and in my weed smokes.

I personally do not like the high for what weed is. It's too strong and ruins flowers. I prefer flowers any day over BHO, Hash, etc. But don't get me wrong I'd hit the stuff. But never like how I hit flowers.

If dabs were to be legalized I'd prefer if it had the heaviest regulation in terms of the cannabis legalization. Because I know it may be a healthier alternative than combustion on the body but it is IMO far too strong in THC for the developing brain(most kids are more likely to abuse dabs and when I say kids I mean before the adult brain is fully developed.)

But like i said earlier, once you're 18, I believe you have the right to make your own decisions.

Hell, if I made the laws you could be 16 and drink alcohol or smoke weed and any and all other drugs including the hardest would be legal for 18 and over.

And even though I've never done dabs I think adults should have the right to smoke weed of THC of ANY level of concentration.

Why should a consenting adult not be allowed to willingly smoke extremely strong THC?

It's not like people are going to get high on some Dabs and go on a killing spree.

There's no reason why even the strongest THC preparations should be illegal.

It should be unavailable for anyone who still lives at home with their parents. In America that appears to be 25 and that sound about right. If you are mature enough to leave home, pay your own bills and taxes then you should have your shit together enough to come home, smoke a spliff and bitch about the man

Yeah, so a 45 year old who lives at home and cares for their parents shouldn't be allowed weed?

Yeah, so a 45 year old who lives at home and cares for their parents shouldn't be allowed weed?

Technically if you are looking after them they are probably living with you. I wouldn't let them smoke weed either

If you still have to live at home with your parents you have given up any adult status I'm afraid

If you still have to live at home with your parents you have given up any adult status in afraid

That's fucking bullshit.

Did you know that there is a record number of adults in America living with their parents these days because of the recession?

It's not always easy to afford an apartment these days and a record number of jobs are laying people off at an alarming pace.

I know several people in their 20s and 30s who have had to momentarily move back home because they couldn't make ends meet.

That's an extremely judgmental attitude to take.

Not only that, but it's very culturally biased.

In many foreign countries, such as Italy for example, it is the norm for people to live at home with their parents until they get married.

It is also generally true in countries like Korea.

But I suppose they aren't adults because they don't subscribe to the American way of doing things huh?

America isn't the center of the world, nor are we the example that must always be followed in all things.

Well while they are at home getting their shit together, perhaps smoking weed is holding them back. They should clear their schedule and focus on joining the adult population again.

There is possibly a grey area if you live in a detached granny flat above the garage. I'd like to think the Fonz would be able to bring back chicks to his apartment and smoke them out. If you have to wait for your dad to use the bathroom, no weed for you.

Well while they are at home getting their shit together, perhaps smoking weed is holding them back. They should clear their schedule and focus on joining the adult population again.

There is possibly a grey area if you live in a detached granny flat above the garage. I'd like to think the Fonz would be able to bring back chicks to his apartment and smoke them out. If you have to wait for your dad to use the bathroom, no weed for you.

I'm glad that countries like Amsterdam and U.S. states like Colorado don't agree with you.

Like I said, what about foreign countries like Korea and Italy where it is generally the norm for most people to live with their parents until they get married and it's a regular occurrence that middle aged people live at home?

Why is the American example necessarily the right one?

And while you MIGHT be right that weed could hold someone back...you also might be wrong.

What about alcohol, that can hold people back so should they be allowed to drink?

Do you support raising the drinking age?

What about going to war at 18, do you support that?

And again, even IF someone is held back by weed it should be their choice whether or not they wish to put it in their body.

An 18 year old could possibly be more mature than some 40 year olds so your argument really holds no water.

I've lived in Italy and they are all fucking man child's. I was half way around the world with grown men getting paid to go into battle on a rugby field and they would be home sick because the hotel food wasn't as good as mammas pasta. Calling them adults is a fucking stretch

I've lived in Italy and they are all fucking man child's. I was half way around the world with grown men getting paid to go into battle on a rugby field and they would be home sick because the hotel food wasn't as good as mammas pasta. Calling them adults is a fucking stretch

Dude, technically being an adult is based on age, not on life experience.

One person could be Much more mature at age 20 than someone else is at 40 so in that situation would you let that 20 year old smoke weed but not the 40 year old?

That wouldn't even be possible to put in effect as a law.

And again, you'd have to agree with changing the laws for war to saying people can't go to war unless they are over 25 and say people can't drink unless they are over 25 or own a gun as well or it would make even less sense.

It's a pretty judgmental view that you have there.

Whatever though.

As more countries began to decriminalize weed like Colorado has most likely the age will be 18 or possibly 21 because it's not feasible for law makers to find out what every adult's life situation is before they make the laws.

If it were you'd have to review every individual's life on a case by case basis.

Dude you are getting your knickers in a knot for something that is illegal in the east of the world. It hasn't stopped 17 yr olds smoking for hundreds of years so don't get to upset if I don't respect you for still living at home with mum. Age does not equate to maturity no more than having a penis makes you a man. If you are willing to leave home at 18 and kill brown men in a foreign country, of course you can smoke a spliff at the end of the day. If you slept in, missed your first lecture and your mum banged on your door telling you are a bum, even if you are 33 you are still a big child in my opinion

Go smoke a bowl and worry for the poor dying children in the world and less about what some guy on a computer screen thinks of you

Dude you are getting your knickers in a knot for something that is illegal in the east of the world. It hasn't stopped 17 yr olds smoking for hundreds of years so don't get to upset if I don't respect you for still living at home with mum. Age does not equate to maturity no more than having a penis makes you a man. If you are willing to leave home at 18 and kill brown men in a foreign country, of course you can smoke a spliff at the end of the day. If you slept in, missed your first lecture and your mum banged on your door telling you are a bum, even if you are 33 you are still a big child in my opinion

Go smoke a bowl and worry for the poor dying children in the world and less about what some guy on a computer screen thinks of you

I don't live at home and I also don't even smoke weed lol.

I didn't say age = maturity, my point was it isn't feasible to make laws based on maturity rather than age because there's really no practical way to do it and even if there was you'd have to change the laws for everything else too including booze, guns, etc.

It's cool that you have your opinion, I don't care.

I think I'm getting pissed cause my Kratom isn't working.

Whatever, peace.

Sounds like you been smoking weed all night man. Have a rest and think straight.