Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

do you regret doing meth?

Yes, I do regret it.

And most people I know agree.

And smoking meth IS by FAR the most destructive way to do it. I have only seen bad things come from people smoking meth.

In my circle of freinds, people that snort are looked upon as junkies, dirty scabs...I can't describe it... maybe its because the gear they snort is dirty... Or maybe its the expression of pain on their face when the stuff rips your nostrils...or maybe its the constant sniffling... Or maybe it is the sizes of lines people often brag about... Or maybe its the dirty money bill that losers stick up their noses...

In my circle of friends, a meth pipe is passed around on a nice couch over a good conversation.

If you can't handle your addiction or your come down then perhaps you should take a hard look at yourself and the person you are. Because you know, at times in your life, you'll encounter problems ten fold greater then meth addiction or a really bad come down. How are you gonna deal with them then? Break down like a wreck? Go on a psyco rampage? If you can't stop compulsively having meth on more than rec weekend basis, how are you gonna get out of a bad relationship where your partner who you are so attached to and who you've been with for 10 years, is beating up on you? If you get cranky on your come downs, how will you deal with your partner of 10 years who you love more than life cheating on you and your mate of 10 years being the one and just so happening losing your job when you have a $200,000 mortgage? Are you gonna commit suicide like a weak loser? Go on anti-depressants because your character is piss weak?

I'm getting sick and tired of people demonising meth and "regretting" doing it. Maybe your problem really lies somewhere other than inside that crystal.

A very valid point. Drugs don't destroy lives, people do.

In answer to the question, No.

The way I see it, meth offers few benefits at a great cost.

I have never abused it, yet I believe I have damaged my health as a result of my moderate use. The research that I have been looking at recently shows that meth is quite neurotoxic and that recovery is a very slow process.

What good can you really get out of meth? Personally, a really rockin' high is not enough of a benefit. It's just not worth it.

Doing meth won't make you a better, wiser, more insightful person. It won't add to your life. That is why I regret doing it -- because I have injured myself and gained nothing in the process.

I'm gotta sit on the fence for this one, i like meth, but i rarely take it on its own, i prefer to use it in conjunction with something else, like alcohol. As a quick pick me up, there is nothing better, but i really have to watch myself when i use it, i have absolutely no self control, and could quite easily find myself addicted. i have to take precautions, like only buying in small amounts, and then giving to a mate for safe keeping so i only use it on the weekends, because quite a few times i have woken up and used a line or two to get me through a weekday, and that is not the road i want to travel down.

Nah.....i don't reget it

i've used meth on a recreational basis for a long time, but have stopped using in the last 7 months.

i fucking enjoyed doing it at the time....big drinking and drug sessions with mates.....crazy sex with the misses....ahhhh them were the days. nowadays i prefer a good feed at a restaurant and a good nite sleep. fuck feeling like shit for days. maybe its just old age catching up with me ........:\

anyway i could always control my rec usage but some of my friends couldn't. these same friends have changed from normal people into shells of their former selves. they are changed, for the worse, forever.

with this drug the threshold of abuse is very easily crossed.

respect it (meth).....'cos it won't respect you.

^^^^ true, before that, respect yourself (not to sound like a TV comercial).

Becuase I feel that OTHER drugs actually have lasting benefits.

MDMA, psychedelics, etc.

Or else they are less damaging (healthwise, and particularly to the brain).

Cocaine, opiates, marijuana, alcohol (in moderation).

Meth has no lasting benefit, and takes a big toll on the health. And the immediate benefit (getting really high, having great sex, whatever) is not even that fucking great IMO.

Cons > Pros

oLd_ScHoOl_RoCkEr: both your points are correct and valid. meth is just one of a plethora of drugs. and yet, as the point has been made, it's simple as to be fucked on meth, and still meld into the crowd. it's also a quick and easy pick-me up and solve-all for those times you need to get going. combine these two facts with the relative ease that meth can be overused and abused, and the fact that after repeated, regular use, you body and brain chemistry subtly alters, and meth has the potential to become addictive.

smoking it merely compounds an already complex problem. have you ever smoked it? regularly? as the posts in this thread have proven already, the effects are as varied as the users, and the issues are as numerous also. smoke meth by any means, but beware.

strange thing is, i thought i was aware. i was wrong. be careful on this ppl, as careful as you should be when ingesting any kind of drug, legal or not.

i just tried meth over the weekend and had some xtc first suspected it had some pma innit it made me feel well not dancey among other things with i didn't like anyway
i ate quarter of a point (i could apon a friend to show my how myuch to take) started kicking in and i felt realy energiised
i realy loved it. i agree that people are weak not enough will power
i can c how popel cn become addicted though
but my overall impression was use in moderation not during the wk
and i loved it got a couple points and going hard this wkend

cheers for all the excellent replys, ive decided not to try this drug
mainly due to addiction problems, im gonna stay of the drugs(pills,pot) for a while now probaly till the end of the year or something until i am in a complete good state of mind, thanks again for all your opinions and facts about this drug.

Peace!

I don't regret doing it but I am glad I don't do it anymore. There was while back where I done it alot, but I'm over it now and I'm glad to have my normal life back and spend time on weekends doing normal constructive things with my girl friend.

Look taking meth isn't that bad, but if you feel like your the type to get addicted to it then stay away because normally I am not that easily influenced, but when I had this I have to say it was the hardest to stay away from.

Good points about meth: It mkes you alert, you can do anything on it and it's not that obvious that you have taken something. It hits hard when smoked, and makes you feel nice in the head and body. It's pretty cheap, $40 for a point does me for that night.

Bad points: You'll kill your lungs (if smoked) in a big way, it'll only last a few hours until you feel like you need more but when you have it it wont do a hell of alot but keep you awake, when your trying to get to sleep it's enough to make you go mad, cause no matter what you do you can't switch off. It will effect your work and life, cause you'll be either coming down for a few days for be thinking about it 24/7.

My advice? Stick to the pills, give it 2 years then you'll be over them and you'll start drinking again and become a normal citizen. Meth will set you back a year or 2 in your life, maybe cut 10 years off your life span, who knows. :\

I think you would either have to smoke (or take orally) about 3 points or more at once for you to OD. So if you just had 1 point through the night you would be a safe as you could be. Always remember though, no drug is 100% safe.

I'm pretty sure most OD's from meth would be from injecting.

I don't regret trying it, not at all, but I have seen that regular, long extensive use does people no good. But no I don't regret trying it!!!!:\

in regards to overdose

taken from here
Q:_ How much of the drug can cause an overdose?

A:_ A toxic reaction (or overdose) can occur at relatively low levels, 50 milligrams of pure drug for a non-tolerant user. Metabolic rates vary from person to person, and the strength of the illegal form of the drug varies from batch to batch, so there is no way of stating a "safe" level of use. In overdose, high fever, convulsions and cardiovascular collapse may precede death. Because stimulants effect the body's cardiovascular and temperature-regulating systems, physical exertion increases the hazards of meth use.

Just remember, that's 1/2 pt of PURE meth.. So that can be anywhere from 1-20pts of street meth..

Hope this helps.

I love meth but the side-effects afterwards do my head in.

I ADORE my sleep, and it really distresses me to be still lying in bed at 11am in the morning, having lain there for 6 hours and still not able to sleep. Sometimes it takes a week to sleep "normally" again.l

Sweating so much my pillow is soaked. A dry mouth which no amount of water can cure. And I'm irritable as all fuck.

On the other hand it gets to Friday night and I only remember the good parts. :\ Overall I much prefer pills, if only for the fact I can sleep peacefully afterwards.