View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Do you HPPD? Maybe You Can See Without Your Eyes

Frog Dreams

Bluelighter
I have chronic HPPD. When I started smoking marijuana, I had strong closed eye visuals. Most people didn't believe me, even when I closed my eyes and described them.

Eventually, these geometric patterns became a permanent fixture both with eyes open and eyes closed. I've been "hallucinating" 24/7 for 15-20 years.

When I open my eyes, the patterns wrap around 3 dimensional objects like a psychedelic watermark on everything.

A month or two ago, I was tripping and SUPER stoned and I realized something insane.

When I close my eyes, I can still see the same patterns. They are in the same "3D" position as if they are still wrapped around things. So, when I close my eyes, I can see an imprint of the room I'm in.

Since the (so-called) physical laws of the universe don't apply to the imprint world, I can move navigate that world without moving my body.

I used this realization to go inside my head and find my 3rd eye. I could see it, inside my head. It is not like the geometric patterns I usually see when I close my eyes. It is an eye made of psychedelic colours. I can go into it. I've found this to be an extremely useful tool in terms of going deeper with meditation.

I suspect it is an illusion, but it is an effective illusion. I was so stoned that I believed I could see the room without my eyes. Maybe I can? Belief is a powerful thing. Lack of belief is the biggest spiritual hurdle.

I believe in miracles now. I believe anything is possible. To disbelieve is to disallow things that might be possible.

My mind is open. My heart is open.

I can see without my eyes.

I think while on psychedelics senses are heightened enough to see trough eyelids with surprisingly good resolution. Could it be that some of that effects can be permanent, yeah why not. Strong brain modification must sometimes result in positive things not only negative.

I had HPPD for awhile after my period of excessive psychedelic use, but it faded after a year or so. The open eyed stuff.

What I continue to permanently have are CEV visuals whenever I am trying to go to sleep or close my eyes and meditate (when external stimuli are lessened they come out). I find them quite fascinating. I see both geometry/colors as well as projections of my subconscious memories. I feel like I have eroded the barrier to the deeper parts of my consciousness that are normally filtered out by the wakened mind. I used to have some level of control over this, I could "summon" certain visuals or change them by consciously willing it, although not so much anymore. The gateway seems to be closing the longer I abstain from psychedelics.

That is a very interesting hypothesis. I have sometimes wondered if some of the conditions we call "disorders" might be actually abilities. I remember reading in some yogic literature (I think it was the yoga sutras of Patanjali) how a purified ajna chakra (third eye) gives the ability to "see Maya" (the illusory world). Perhaps it is precisely this what Patanjali meant when he said that? I don't really know.

I have never experimented much with psychedelics, perhaps because they are inherently unpredictable. I was always more of a downer type...unfortunately the kind of drug that shuts you off from astral perceptions. Interestingly though, opioids when taken in dosages that make me nod, give me sometimes extremely vivid visions. I sometimes saw things during a few nods that actually happened afterwards. This might explain why Opium was used so extensively by the priests of ancient egypt and the members of the eleusinian mystery cult in their "vision concoctions".

I think it would be interesting to know how a mix of a psychedelic like shrooms with a downer like opium or opioids in general would feel like. I wonder if the shrooms would enhance the nodding visions.

It's an interesting thought...

Hexenstahl said:
I remember reading in some yogic literature (I think it was the yoga sutras of Patanjali) how a purified ajna chakra (third eye) gives the ability to "see Maya" (the illusory world). Perhaps it is precisely this what Patanjali meant when he said that? I don't really know.

Interesting. I will look into this.

opioids when taken in dosages that make me nod, give me sometimes extremely vivid visions... I think it would be interesting to know how a mix of a psychedelic like shrooms with a downer like opium or opioids in general would feel like. I wonder if the shrooms would enhance the nodding visions.

I used to often become lucid when I was nodding on H / methadone and have weird interactive prophetic visions.

Never considered combining them. Too late now. I'm not going to touch opioids again. But I'd be interested to hear about such an experiment.

Snafu in the Void said:
I used to have some level of control over this, I could "summon" certain visuals or change them by consciously willing it, although not so much anymore. The gateway seems to be closing the longer I abstain from psychedelics.

I can make the whole room melt, sober, if I concentrate hard enough. Particularly if there is someone in the room who is highly spiritual or I feel a deep connection with. It is hard to look at certain people without having strong hallucinations to the extent that everything I see becomes and indistinguishable mesh of shapes and colours. Like whatever I'm looking at becomes a painting. It often happens during profoundly significant moments in my life, but I can make it happen particularly if I meditate for long enough with my eyes open.

There is also a strange tunnel effect I get sometimes when I close my eyes. Big blobs of coloured light shrink into the distance, one after another. Looks sort of like driving in a tunnel, but psychedelic and surreal. Not sure if this is HPPD, but I've had it since I started smoking weed... When I was a teenager, it would sometimes happen with my eyes open except my entire field of vision would shrink down into the tunnel until I couldn't see anything but hallucinations. I haven't experienced that for a long time. Once it happened I was with my brother. My entire field of vision closed down and I saw something bright and extraordinary. I said, "That is beautiful." Then, I had some sort of seizure. Woke up in an ambulance.

I wonder if I died?

That is a very interesting hypothesis. I have sometimes wondered if some of the conditions we call "disorders" might be actually abilities. I remember reading in some yogic literature (I think it was the yoga sutras of Patanjali) how a purified ajna chakra (third eye) gives the ability to "see Maya" (the illusory world). Perhaps it is precisely this what Patanjali meant when he said that? I don't really know.

I have never experimented much with psychedelics, perhaps because they are inherently unpredictable. I was always more of a downer type...unfortunately the kind of drug that shuts you off from astral perceptions. Interestingly though, opioids when taken in dosages that make me nod, give me sometimes extremely vivid visions. I sometimes saw things during a few nods that actually happened afterwards. This might explain why Opium was used so extensively by the priests of ancient egypt and the members of the eleusinian mystery cult in their "vision concoctions".

I think it would be interesting to know how a mix of a psychedelic like shrooms with a downer like opium or opioids in general would feel like. I wonder if the shrooms would enhance the nodding visions.

It's an interesting thought...
You already see/live in Maya. What you see is illusion/hologram. At least according to Vedic tradition.

I didn't try it with shrooms but I've combined opium, methadone and heroin (not at once) with LSD. I've had some nice experiences but opiates dull some aspects of the trip so it's probably best to leave them for after the peak.

When I close my eyes, I can still see the same patterns. They are in the same "3D" position as if they are still wrapped around things. So, when I close my eyes, I can see an imprint of the room I'm in.

Since the (so-called) physical laws of the universe don't apply to the imprint world, I can move navigate that world without moving my body.

I used this realization to go inside my head and find my 3rd eye. I could see it, inside my head. It is not like the geometric patterns I usually see when I close my eyes. It is an eye made of psychedelic colours. I can go into it. I've found this to be an extremely useful tool in terms of going deeper with meditation.

I suspect it is an illusion, but it is an effective illusion. I was so stoned that I believed I could see the room without my eyes. Maybe I can? Belief is a powerful thing. Lack of belief is the biggest spiritual hurdle.

I believe in miracles now. I believe anything is possible. To disbelieve is to disallow things that might be possible.

My mind is open. My heart is open.

I can see without my eyes.
It sounds like you may have more detail than I do, but I have the same thing.
I have had visual snow for my entire life and now have mild HPPD.
I can often see rooms through my eyelids (particularly when intoxicated, even on things like benzos) and I first gained the ability to do this when on a 3rd-plat trip of DXM 4 years ago.

@arrall
@Frog Dreams
Have guys ever had precognitive hallucinations? Well, maybe in that case I shouldn't call it hallucination as it would be more of a vision than anything else ^^

@arrall
@Frog Dreams
Have guys ever had precognitive hallucinations? Well, maybe in that case I shouldn't call it hallucination as it would be more of a vision than anything else ^^
I've had precognitive dreams, as have other people in my family.
Maybe I've had visions of things right before they happened, but I've had so many visualizations of things that didn't happen that nothing stands out.

I see the future sometimes, but it's often hard to know what is a prophetic vision and what is just my imagination.

For example, I went to an ayahuasca ceremony in August. Prior to going, I'd been imagining what the ceremony might be like. When I got there, I realized I had imagined the church exactly.

These occurrences aren't common in my waking life. Whether or not my dreams are sometimes prophetic is another story, but (like @arrall said) it's hard to differentiate between prophecy and regular old dreams.

I can often see rooms through my eyelids (particularly when intoxicated, even on things like benzos) and I first gained the ability to do this when on a 3rd-plat trip of DXM 4 years ago.
I get this as well, particularly if I've been using a lot of various drugs/alcohol recently. Benzos really bring them out the most for some reason, which seems paradoxical to their effects.

With my eyes closed I will see the room around me in such intricate detail that it almost seems like my eyes are open. Or other scenes like me looking at my phone, sitting at my computer, or other activities/places.

This image flashes for a few seconds, then fades away to black. A second or two later a new image or CEV will appear. These CEVs rotate like that.

Like this:

220px-Level4.gif

These are level 5 CEVs according to wikipedia which has an article on levels of CEVs.

Curiously, I've had level 3 CEVs since I was a child well before I got into any drugs. I've always seen a blue dot that continually grows or shrinks in size whenever I closed my eyes. I first noticed it when I was like 8 years old.

220px-Level2_flashing_dot.gif