• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do you find Alcohol more recreational than Xanax?

I prefer benzos to alcohol in some ways. 1 if I take a slight dose at night which for me is 1-2mgs of xanax cause my tolerance is low I have lucid dreams almost every time. I practice the art of Astral Projection :).Never found them recreational as I always tend to blackout at recreational doses and do STUPID shit especially when mixed with any amount of alcohol.

But I also have anxiety and I absolutely LOVE the calmed feeling I get from them and how they just completely diminish my anxiety like nothing. Alcohol is more euphoric in my eyes but the taste after awhile for me if its not vodka (my favorite lol) just makes me sick. So overall I like benzos but for recreational purposes which is the point of the thread alcohol easily.

I prefer benzos to alcohol in some ways. 1 if I take a slight dose at night which for me is 1-2mgs of xanax cause my tolerance is low I have lucid dreams almost every time. I practice the art of Astral Projection :).Never found them recreational as I always tend to blackout at recreational doses and do STUPID shit especially when mixed with any amount of alcohol.

But I also have anxiety and I absolutely LOVE the calmed feeling I get from them and how they just completely diminish my anxiety like nothing. Alcohol is more euphoric in my eyes but the taste after awhile for me if its not vodka (my favorite lol) just makes me sick. So overall I like benzos but for recreational purposes which is the point of the thread alcohol easily.

If you are into trying to lucid dream, you should try melatonin + Vitamin b-6, they can help a lot with the dreaming... but im sure you already know this...

If its a choice i would say the COMBO I would choose benzo + alcohol (not in big doses of either).
But honestly if i had a choice i would take a benzo to chill rather then drink just because drinking seems so damn HARD on my body/organs... i dunno i still drink and have social drinks with friends when I go out and have no problem with alcohol and enjoy drinking sometimes. i just can't drink that much anymore - basically i can't get to the 'drunk' point anymore and am deathly scared of hangovers so I always have tried to moderate myself while drinking and take water breaks and what not, the smart science guy kinda shit we BLers do due to our knowledge of medicine, i swear I know more about medicine and how they work then 90% of Doctors and I am sure you most you guys are the same...

Last edited:

If you want to acheive some great lucid dreaming then try zopiclone (or zolpidem) + mitazapine, its amazing for lucid dreaming and even gives me strong hynogogic hallucinations.

With one word, yeah, IMO of course alcohol is better (recreational ) than xanax:)...but with this, i don't mean that it's better than ALL the benzos...So, just my opinion, better than xanax, klonopins, tranxene(Clorazepate dipotassium)...but it's not better than valium, rophynol, midazolam, triazolam(Halcion), ativan, and rather almost all the other benzos, for me.
Cause i enjoy the "benzo high". I'm sure that a lot of people will disagree with me, and they prefer the alcohol..cause in the end, it's all just personal taste, somebody prefer alcohol, while somebody else prefer benzos, and (why not..???), somebody may like them both, equally..:)just a matter of taste..%)

And as every benzo doesn't feel the same, every drink differs..somebody prefer scotch, somebody vodka, tequilla, etc.(i like champagne, but i hate the fuckin lifestyle that usually comes with, i really can't stand it..:!). But OK, that's just me..
I wish a Happy, Nice-feelin new year to all the people, may all your wishes and dreams come true, my Bl fellows...:)%)<3

MartinFn

Different benzos are actually different chemicals unlike scotch vs vodka. There is more to it than "taste".

Wow I can't believe I'm mostly alone here but I think Xanax kills alcohol if you take it at the right time and with the right drugs to mix in like some cannabis. I was never much of a drinker tho. Also with Xanax if you take a lot, you will just feel very mellow/tired the next day, I'd way prefer that to puking my guts out with some terrible hangover. I would say if you set aside a day when you have nothing important to do. And you take your xan when you wake up. Whenever I take it later in the day, I expect it to knock me out after an hour or two. So take it early on a meaningless day + smoke weed, one of my favorite combo's.

YEAH! hah I work nights and after a few days of my warehouse job it really catches up with me with sleep deprivation, I'm talking like 14-16 hours in 2-3 days sometimes so when I get home I'll take zopidem about 20mgs and 1mg xanax. I literally start within minutes of laying down feel my spirit start to lift out my physical form like that's how damn tired I am. I close my eyes and the normal onset of lucid dreams/OBEs start to begin I concentrate the light in my head etc etc and normally I'll have about 2-3 OBEs ina night and a long lucid dream :)

I love astral projection, always was into that type of stuff since Highschool but recently I've been really good at inducing them haha

Alprazolam is one of the best anxiolytic benzo's. I personally find it to be much more recreational than Ethanol.

However, with that being said, Ethanol is usually more euphoric to most people. I for some reason, very much dislike the associated effects of Ethanol other than the GABAergic sedative effects.

However, with that being said, Ethanol is usually more euphoric to most people. I for some reason, very much dislike the associated effects of Ethanol other than the GABAergic sedative effects.

This is pretty much the same as me.

well i have never understood how people take benzos for fun..there is nothing enjoyable about taking xanax, u take them and a 20 minutes later, feel very laid back and sleepy, that is it!they make me downright dull tbh but they definitely squash anxiety..

alcohol has no recreational effects for me anymore either so..

Benzos themseleves are not fun unless you have anxiety, and even then it's really a medicine for you.

Unless benzos are used on say a comedown or with weed which IME weed+benzo is bliss then they are not recreational, period.

Yes alcohol is far more fun than alprazolam. Alprazolam is relaxing and nice but it's not a fun drug on it's own.

Benzos and opiates are my comedown choices from any stim. Even alcohol if I can't get anything else but weed? Hell no IME weed makes my heart skyrocket like crazy when I'm coming down. Marijuana for me in general recently just hasn't been my favorite drug. Always have panic attacks for some reason when I try to use it as a come down remedy

Shit I'll use kratom before weed when I'm coming down from stims haha

Alcohol, for me, is pretty euphoric and comfortable up to about the 2 hour mark, where I start to become sick and incredibly anxious. I have never taken Xanax but am experienced with dosing diazepam, clonazepam, and lorazepam, which, in appropriate doses I feel don't inhibit coordination as greatly. And being a naturally anxious person, the way these benzodiazepines calm me and produce a gentle and comfortable sort of 'bubble' for me to think in. Just remember to always be very careful dosing with alcohol, it is a nasty substance with a great potential for overdose or other causes of death (asphyxiation). From what I have read it is harder to OD on benzos but please be VERY careful dosing with these too, as they could cause respiratory depression (mostly only if mixed with other substances, or taken in large amounts,). Anyhow, that's my opinion on the subject, although it is not as relevant considering I have never taken Xanax. 8)

Benzos themseleves are not fun unless you have anxiety, and even then it's really a medicine for you.

Unless benzos are used on say a comedown or with weed which IME weed+benzo is bliss then they are not recreational, period.

Period? Wow, thats a big statement to make considering you dont know how everyone else reacts to benzos.
I find certain benzo and pseudo-benzos very recreational.
Also, I think a large % of people find temazepam rather recreational.

Period? Wow, thats a big statement to make considering you dont know how everyone else reacts to benzos.
I find certain benzo and pseudo-benzos very recreational.
Also, I think a large % of people find temazepam rather recreational.

How are they recreational for you?

I find them relaxing and certain ones make me chatty, lift my mood and generally sociable (like alcohol, right). A drug doesnt have to gives powerful euphoric waves/rushes in order to be recreational.
However, I find etizolam and temazepam fairly euphoric and zopiclone is very euphoric for me.
Flunitrazepam is also quite euphoric although I dont think its particulary good for recreation as its just too potent, kinda like the fentanyl of benzos.lol
Does that answer your question? :)

Drinking to get rid of anxiety...even small amounts...is how many people become addicts.

And yes alcohol is more recreational. Benzos are phsyically addictive but don't cause euphoria for most people.