• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do you feel that psychedelics are more justifiable than more 'hedonistic' drugs?

Yes I do. But it's not an argument you can use with someone who hasn't tried them and has no idea.

Yes I do. But it's not an argument you can use with someone who hasn't tried them and has no idea.

pretty much, anyone who has never done a psych understanding what they are like is pretty much like a person who has been blind all their life knowing what the color red looks like.... you kind of have to experience it to fully grasp it...

I have found very little good to come out of most drug use.... Personally though acid changed my outlook on life drastically for the better....

I think that psychedelic drugs are of better use to us then "hedonistic" drugs. I look at drugs like alcohol, heroin, cocaine, etc, and I don't see most people getting a lot out of them but a high. Psychedelics for me have been sort of a guide to life. People take away from them something substantial whether or not they are looking for it.

If anything, they are certainly safer :3

Last edited:
no....chemicals don't take sides. "Different strokes"...it's all for the same end....people just wanna feel that ocean...heroin does it for some, LSD for others....all drugs for others, no drugs for others, pussy for other, cock for others, etc etc i'm done....but to finally answer in concrete: i think maybe a few L trips under your lid is plenty for a lifetime...anything after that are just parlor tricks...well, depending on your age at the time, the potency/purity...slash nm i can't answer this

Who cares really? You shouldn't have to justify your drug use to anyone, no matter your drug of choice. Its your own business.

I think so yea, except for justifiability towards yourself. Often I feel like doing something but I know I shouldn't, like it's naughty ;)

I have felt naughty on opiates and certain other types of drugs because it feels like I'm escaping something - it's too soothing to my conscience. I guess it's OK though if I am trying such a substance when all my duties are fulfilled
With DMT if my conscience is burdened it slaps me around and teaches me to do what I'm supposed to, deep inside.
I think it's ridiculous to dispute there's such a thing as moral fiber telling you something although I should speak for myself.

If you got everything right on track in your life and drugs play a healthy role in it I think 'most everything is justified - so then I would agree with R&M.
So it depends on whether you can truly afford to use

Whaddayaknow, I had a girlfriend like that. The problem with her is that she just didn't want to try new things. She had formed a preconceived opinion on mushrooms from someone else's bad experiences and just didn't want to see for herself.

Myself, I do think psychedelics are far from hedonistic. They can be used so, but if taken with an introspective purpose, they are a matter of life. And death. And if you can get your girlfriend to try them, she will at least agree that they are serious business, even if she won't like them or find them useful or important. But some people do not seek novelty, but just the comfort of what they know. Life is a matter of preference too.

I feel that psychedelics are more justifiable than other drugs. That'd be because I like them tho. Essentially if you like something you'll justify it somehow.

I do think psychedelics have a higher incidence of giving people beneficial experiences as opposed to dragging you into addiction and health problems, and they're definitely physically safer as a whole. But there is nothing wrong with using other drugs either. And psychedelics can cause these problems as well. So it's all relative. Still, if someone came to me and asked me what kind fo drug they would most benefit from taking, I would certainly point to psychedelics.

It isn't a question of what drug use will benefit you the most though, or a question of which is less damaging. How does that make something more "justifiable"? You really don't have to justify any substance use unless you are using at inappropriate times, in which case psychedelics are probably worse than some other drugs which are easy to function on like marijuana and meth. Or if you have a serious addiction problem that is impacting on peoples lives other than your own.

What you choose to take is your business and justification is totally unnecessary. I have used plenty of psych's a lot of the time it was for fun but I have also tried to get something out of them that I never have except enjoyment, which is no more different than when using other supposedly "more hedonistic" drugs.

I am probably in the wrong forum to start this up lol but it kinda shits me when psychedelic users try get on a high horse over other substances because they are apparently learning something or whatever. Maybe you really did, maybe some of these cosmic revelations actually made your life take a turn for the worse and your just too blind to see it, who knows. The point is just because your purpose for taking drugs is different than someone else's doesn't give you a right to look down on someone else for a different choice of substance or try and claim what you are doing is more "justifiable".

It isn't a question of what drug use will benefit you the most though, or a question of which is less damaging. How does that make something more "justifiable"?

I mean to me that sounds like it kinda justifies it a little bit... Mainly when you are trying to justify your usage to a girlfriend or something who only wants you to use your drugs when she doesn't make plans with you at any point even if you were already planning to take them.

And I don't think many people here have been looking down on users of 'other drugs' at all. A lot of us have just come to think of the psychedelic experience as a completely different kind of experience than a lot of other drugs I think. It's less of a getting fucked up thing (though yes you are still technically getting high) and more of going on a personal adventure. When I do most other drugs in my mind I just wanna relax maybe hang out with friends play some video games etc. When i do psychedelics its usually alone, I will usually meditate and do yoga a lot of the time and find new experiences to introduce myself to...it's just a completely different experience(not a better one), but an experience that I feel can more easily be considered (especially in the eyes of a girlfriend) as a reasonable excused for plans to not hang out with someone.

But I agree, you shouldn't HAVE to justify any drugs that you are doing as long as you are taking care of yourself, but it makes people happier, especially when they think you'd rather just get fucked up than hang out with them.

drug mentor, I agree that many psychedelic users in the world do look down on users of other drugs. I don't think that's going on here right now though. It went on a lot back in 2003-2005 in this forum though. :)

I can see why you'd react to the thread title that way though. But I think the intent was more to try to justify to a person who thinks they shouldn't be using the drugs.