• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Do you ever feel like...

prochainement

Bluelighter
you are completely fine, but then in a second you feel all the sadness in the world and then you cry about dead animals, lonely, old people, your parents being exhausted because they work shitty jobs, about all the children without home etc. or is it just my exhausted, drug fucked up and overly sympathetic brain?

you are completely fine, but then in a second you feel all the sadness in the world and then you cry about dead animals, lonely, old people, your parents being exhausted because they work shitty jobs, about all the children without home etc. or is it just my exhausted, drug fucked up and overly sympathetic brain?
I get it. I don't know what the driving factor is for you.. does this feeling come and go. If it's truly real empathy, it will be something that you have always felt regardless of what you're using. I am like this normally, but taking things like mdma would make me feel this compassion X10. If you only feel this way when you're high or whatever (or coming down from drugs), then it's from the chemical imo. If you're like this all the time and have always been like this, then it's like sonicwhite said. This is a good thing and there's a reason why you're like that you know.
I'm very sensitive like this and I know it's true and real, as i've always been like this. I can walk in a room and if people are upset or whatever, it's like I can feel what they are feeling. When my friends and I went to the Vietnam wall, I couldn't handle it. It was like stepping into a room with such sorrow and grief that i can't even begin to put it into words really. It pretty much punched me in the face and every image carved on those stones had a feeling behind them. I started crying and couldn't handle it really. That was the 1st time i had ever felt that heavy before. If people tend to exhaust you easily and when you look at someone in the eyes, you have a feeling of knowing them,you're probably really sensitive to the energy around you, God and other spiritual entities. It's discernment really.

Hmm, interesting. Well, I usually feel that way on "normal" days, when not high. Also, my brain is not actually that impacted by drugs probably, I'm not THAT heavy user. So I guess it is just me, yes. On the other hand, it's sometimes hard for me to feel empathy to someone close, for example, I didn't even know how to react to my bestfriends grandmothers death years ago, when my friend was next to me and started crying. I just sat there and felt strange. And then sometimes I walk on the street and sadness about all the world hits me like a brick. I think its usually when I am tired or overwhelmed with work, probably because then people are at their most vulnerable.

Hmm, interesting. Well, I usually feel that way on "normal" days, when not high. Also, my brain is not actually that impacted by drugs probably, I'm not THAT heavy user. So I guess it is just me, yes. On the other hand, it's sometimes hard for me to feel empathy to someone close, for example, I didn't even know how to react to my bestfriends grandmothers death years ago, when my friend was next to me and started crying. I just sat there and felt strange. And then sometimes I walk on the street and sadness about all the world hits me like a brick. I think its usually when I am tired or overwhelmed with work, probably because then people are at their most vulnerable.
It sounds like depression/anxiety maybe hormones.. t.he lethargy and feelings of being overwhelmed and what you said about not knowing what to say with your friend doesnt sound like it's a personality thing. are you always in a high stress state? For me, I was and still am in constant state of stress. I went years like this, but eventually things will start to break down. Small things overwhelm me and I'm ususlly always in the fight or flight mode still.. its hard for me to control this.. after awhile, Icrash. That's the fatigue. I read recently that alot of people are living in a high adrenaline state. Could be the issue.

Yes, I could say that. Recently I actually became more aware of the fact that I'm negatively stressed a lot, so trying to deal it with at the moment.

Yes, I could say that. Recently I actually became more aware of the fact that I'm negatively stressed a lot, so trying to deal it with at the moment.
That's good you've identified it... I can definitely say I have no idea how to lower my stress levels from the root . id have to eliminate my family, especially my father. I'm trying to think about how to do this. its hard. I guess in the meantime we can ohm somewhere ... get zen... lol. for me, I have to get at the root because no amt of mediation will rid me of that toxic person. Idk, but i think these things take time to really remedy to be free and better

I'd say that's why most people start messing with drugs. Kinda raise those low points.

Those compassionate states are actually our true nature, but we have to turn it off most of the time in order to cope with living in this demented society and its psychopathic structures. Every now and then a window into our true nature opens despite all of the self-suppressing and self-correcting coping mechanisms, and we suddenly become aware of all the pain in the world as well as our own pain that we've been trying desperately to ignore. Not just pain though but also beauty, splendor, and all the good things. The heart contains both so it's a bittersweet sensation. A heart that stays open is always breaking.

Imagine if we lived in a world where everyone could maintain open-heartedness, not just for their families or personal relationships, but for all life? This planet would be paradise.

Imagine if we lived in a world where everyone could maintain open-heartedness, not just for their families or personal relationships, but for all life? This planet would be paradise.

Yes, 100%. I had a nice dream in my twenties, that if I could help just one person realize it in their life, and they helped just one, and so on, that we could make it happen. If we all just loved all other living things, we could do anything. Think about how much better we could do with everything if we stopped fighting and scheming and power grabbing and worked together? In more recent years I've gotten more cynical despite my best efforts and that dream is hard to see as coming true.

Existential crisis

I feel anhedonic (read: nothing) without substances or turmoil. Basically i need it or i have no personality or memory of events. When helping others i start seeing the future; I'm a seer

Whenever you have these overwhelming experiences its probably due to a combination of factors. Your brain chemistry and the current state of the chemicals in your brain cause those overpowering feelings about things that aren't even within your control. For example crying for the starving children of the world. This state is very relatable to depression or anxiety. Even though its not logical to feel so much so suddenly, you cant stop it because the chemicals have been released.

There are under lying causes of this happening to you. My suggestion is to find a hobby or volunteer somewhere that you can help others in some way.

Finding a way to express your sympathetic nature will do great things for your well being and improve the lives around you as well. Creating a positive cycle in your life and that is something that your soul is craving!