• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do you enjoy getting stuck in loops from acid ?

No, for me loops all most always start happening right before the trip goes bad.

Me too, which is why the feeling that they're starting is always a cue for a dramatic change of enviroment (if inside, go outside or vice-versa). I've found putting yourself somewhere that gives lots of novel input will generally dissipate the loops beginning

The Hoff Bomb said:
Loops haha, I love them, you reexpirience a part of the trip with "wahwahwahWAH" in the background
I know exactly what you mean. not a thoought loop, just a loop. It's really hard to describe.

college_dropout said:
Yaaaay!!! I know this guy gets it.
It is really hard to describe eh. It'll only ever come to you in a +++ trip that's for sure.

That is sure the way I'd describe loops too! I got a damn creepy feeling when i read that =D
I hate loops though, I don't find them even a bit fun. I just associate them with bad trips.

Is there a known (scientific)reason as to why these kind of loops appear? Since most people doing psychedelics for a while has this experience under the belt. Or is it just the "wahwahwahWAH"-way of things? ;)

I really LOVE it. But in general my thoughts make no sense.
I also get stuck in stupid thoughts when I smoke a high quantity of weed. Like I've found the biggest secret of the world and I can understand how everyone acts.
I forget them the moment after.

^ Cannabis is the worst drug going for getting trapped in thought loops (and usually becomes anxiety ridden)

I like loops in music and I'm kinda loopy anyway. really depends on the loop though. Know yourself, master your thoughts, enjoy da loop :)

"Every day in every way I am getting better and better" etc etc... be the author of your loops.

Ever heard of NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) ? or meditation?

some people don't actually speak to communicate but they just use their mouths as they would the exits of their urinary tract or their digestive tract... as an organ of elimination... like going to the toilet....

my wife has said to me in the past... "Can you stop talking rubbish all the time? I'm not your toilet." And believe me, I thought about this long and hard. Bla bla bla... well, she is still with me, but there is virtue in silence (not just of the mouth but also of the mind). Doesn't come for free though. In monetary terms it'll cost you the benzo script, and otherwise it's hard work. Be very careful what you feed your mind, and what seeds you sow, for the mind is fertile soil... the seeds you sow may grow... and if we talk shit, then instead of ridding ourselves of what we said, we get mechanical/acoustic confirmation of our out-of-control thoughts and we actually give them power and allow them to take over even more. A silent meditation retreat where you talk to nobody for 10 days and where you ain't got no books to read and no Tv,nothing, no output and not much input... it becomes clear what's going on in there. Without distractions, no more lying to self. Aah, the weeds... time to do some gardening, I'm outta here ;)

Last edited:
It's called indecision ~ if you find yourself there ~ switch off thought mode and go and make some toast , if outdoors climb a tree! or similar thing, swim (that allowed in this context ;) ) if you can ~ act !

Psychedelic thought loops can be extremely psychedelic, although they are also probably the most difficult psychedelic experience to make sense of or handle. For me, the thought loop can be of two types: an anxiety/neurotic thought that won't go away, or the "god-loop" (just made that up), where your thoughts lopp around and around and it seems to be a continual awakening from your life into a higher state of awareness, eventually leading up to re-realizing that you're the universal consciousness and that everything is an illusion.

The first kind of loop I've only had on one psychedelic, which was mushrooms, several times. Those ones are no fun, as they only lead you into panic and irrational behavior. You can also get into a neurotic loop without drugs.

The god-loop, however, is what has led to most of my most profound and memorable experiences. I've gotten into this loop with mushrooms, 2C-E, and 4-AcO-DMT, and so far nothing else. The time it happened with mushrooms was the gentlest and most beautiful, and left me the most calm. The time with 2C-E was the most terrifying and mind-shattering experience of my life; I hadn't had it happen like that before and I thought I was dying and would be swept away forever in the flow of everything. The time with 4-AcO-DMT was frightening to the extreme, but I felt buffered somehowand was able to keep my fear to myself and ride it out and eventually reach godhood (for lack of a better term). The time with 2C-C, I spent an hour or so (the length of time the loop lasted) pacing around my apartment frantically, contemplating 911 and suicide.

I know what you mean by god-loop. Its like your in an upwards spiral of liberating consciouseness. Once you reach the top and have let go, you know everything. It really feels like you see the world through the eyes of god. Maximum intuition.

All I know is looping isn't what i wish for when tripping ~ generally i feel connected to the world and myself very intensely (both possessing both posistive and negative aspects to them) making me either deliriously happy or deeply angry or upset ~ yeah LSD is one very emotional drug for me. This can cause me to overreact at times either with delight or anger/dismay etc ~ at whatever strikes me as meaningful at the time ! Mostly it makes me laugh at lot and have fun though ! !

LSD drives you loopy ! New Ask Frank slogan maybe !

Yeah ive gotten loops before, both the enjoyable kind where everything seems connected to everything and the annoying kind where every thought comes back to the same place, that sucks, but usually im pretty good at taking my mind off of these things and just doing something to distract myself

loops are sweet. I love getting through as many as possible, i consider it like a triathalon lol. Well thats when it goes well, i was once trapped in a single loop for 12 hrs plus and felt like i had spiritual failed. Better than my last trip i guess which just seemed meaningless and threatnnig.

8o 8o

Xorkoth said:
Psychedelic thought loops can be extremely psychedelic

8o 8o

who would have tought? %) =D %) =D

Like the god-loop by the way, super term for a super experience. If God exists and is always there, permanent, then God is a loop. Maybe. And what would that suggest about the nature of reality, existence, time . . .

first lsa trip i had went into a loop but it wasnt strong and i broke it easily, takes alot of mental controle i think you could use them to your advantage if your looking to better yourself. like training or somethin lol...

Thats why I enjoy tripping so much, the thought loops and racing universal thoughts. Thats what trippings about.

I sometimes do enjoy the good ol' Froot Loops though! ;) As said I associate loops with bad trips, but I do understand people that likes em'.

Maybe I just should try to accept them and try turning it into something better, since i almost always get some kind of loop during a trip. It's just hard to remember doing that whilst tripping balls, even if you think about it at the moment it doesn't seem to have any effect then. Guess it all comes down to actually beliving in it and not doing it just cause it "might" work.

4-ho-mipt is very prone to producing thought loops.

thought loops suck. The only times i've had bad trips were a result of getting caught in thought loops.

ive never had a thought loop but ive had a visual loop. you can try this on a low dose of acid. i walk across a bridge over a levy and i get stuck in the middle of the bridge. I am walking, but im not getting any closer to the end of the bridge. i find it kinda cool, as i get stuck in the moment. Feels like eternity and i wouldnt mind being stuck there with the nice view.

Air said:
I sometimes do enjoy the good ol' Froot Loops though! ;) As said I associate loops with bad trips, but I do understand people that likes em'.
I tend to agree with this.

But this could be because I'm manic-depressive and generally the fall into the depressive state is indicated by loops of negativity (more like spirals).

The only time I experience the loops was when I was at a music festival and since it was my first high dose acid trip it wasn't an ideal setting. So naturally I had a bad trip but a part of me thought it was fucking insane fun. So I guess it depends on set and setting as to whether or not they could be enjoyable. The guys I know that do it regularly when they go clubbing are absolute freaks.