• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Do you believe in Karma?

I didn't say offensive. Whatever suits you man.
I prefer to make my point with some feedback and why not politely?

You told him to go to the Lounge, dude.
I get that your intentions were good, but - ironically:

your approach could have been more gentle.

(More so than him, IMO.)

I'm just giving you some polite feedback.

It seems it could be true, but I don't believe in it… I think we just attach meaning to events and happenings based on our past (actions or inactions), to draw a conclusion or relevancy to circumstance. It certainly feels real but …

the intention you have in life right now has a direct impact on you and others right now.
the fruit of the good intention is now and to be seen and felt now

karma is not what we've been told in society which is totally wrong and not how its explain and teach in buddhism:
"Intention, I tell you, is kamma. Intending, one does kamma by way of body, speech, & intellect."
"'I am the owner of my actions (kamma), heir to my actions, born of my actions, related through my actions, and have my actions as my arbitrator. Whatever I do, for good or for evil, to that will I fall heir'...

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/ptf/dhamma/sacca/sacca4/samma-ditthi/kamma.html

It seems it could be true, but I don't believe in it… I think we just attach meaning to events and happenings based on our past (actions or inactions), to draw a conclusion or relevancy to circumstance. It certainly feels real but …

Last edited:
Oh, of course… Be the change indeed… must own our actions and be responsible which in turn will reflect onto others, and is healthy for me and my loved ones and society.
Yes, I'm speaking of silly societal type beliefs. " If I do this, then this will happen. Or this happened because of so and so." False! :)
My point is when people draw correlations between events that have no significant relationship whatsoever…. mere delusions of what simple IS, in order to feel better about themselves based on fears of unknown and not understanding it's okay to not understand etc. Need to conclude when there is no need to make a connection.
Thank you for the link.

absolutely, the effect of our intention can be seen now and it doesnt mean that something you wanted in material life will be offered to you if you do enough good actions.

Oh, of course… Be the change indeed… must own our actions and be responsible which in turn will reflect onto others, and is healthy for me and my loved ones and society.
Yes, I'm speaking of silly societal type beliefs. " If I do this, then this will happen. Or this happened because of so and so." False! :)
My point is when people draw correlations between events that have no significant relationship whatsoever…. mere delusions of what simple IS, in order to feel better about themselves based on fears of unknown and not understanding it's okay to not understand etc. Need to conclude when there is no need to make a connection.
Thank you for the link.

Yes yes.. you understand… :)
I have been there, I remember as a child finding 100 bux on the ground. I thought to myself, Oh, God must love me, I have done something right. I was very young and had been brainwashed into guilt/shame religion.

I have carried this sort of guilt during most of my life.
I grew up hearing what goes around comes around..

Somehow things happen in a way to keep reinforcing old beliefs.