• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Do you actually really ever feel normal again?

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
I keep patiently waiting and waiting to not face long-lasting depression and to feel good again on my own without the enhancement of substances. I haven't really been able to even work on the things I'm supposed to be doing since I stopped regular use so long ago. I'm starting to wonder if my brain's endorphins are just never going to come back. Then again I can't discern if the quarantine and all that's going on in the world might be affecting me more than I realized.

Are there any heavy opiate users who quit and had their brains feel like they've gone back to 100%?

Yeah you do pal and I second the above mdma is a nice type of drug which doesn't trick you like heroin you get a come -down/hangover and learn to respect the drug but heroin has a much worse hangover and when you realise that you are already in deep shit it's not a social drug it's an every day drug I'm only just getting myself back together I've been addicted to opiates for 6 + years moved on to heroin over 2 years ago when I felt like life wasn't worth living anyway but I have finally pulled my head out my arse and accepted everything my addiction, everything and after a long long wait of more painful withdrawal and half assed suicide plans in my head which I did seriously consider a few times I finally got my daily 50 ml methadone script which is the best birthday present I could ask for except for a ps5 ofcourse... I would do anything anything for a ps5 more then a shifty bit of Brown now I've got the methadone I would be lying if I said I've not had any cravings while on the methadone craving a nice big hit of heroin from that pinpoint Beatle giving off tons of smoke.. Or getting a whiff of heroin oh god they are cruel I feel like a kid missing his mum and the first few weeks I still used heroin on top just because I crave it and wanted to get as high as possible I used to start saving it until the morning wake up smoke gear chill go Chemist and go home nod out everyday until I saw a bad addict and I meAn a bad one missing a leg then I realized he was holding it bionic and he was swigging his methadone and I had a big wake up call I remembered why I got on methadone in the first place when i swore to myself i would get on a program after I sold my grandmas husbands ring for a tenner...

I was on 380mg of methadone a day years ago and after stopping sort of returned to normal for a while.

It is impossible to forget the comfort that opioids being however.

I'd recommend heavy exercise (weights). It is the only way I was able to get off of methadone.

Quit opiods, stay clean for five months, start taking MDMA once every 91 days the first three times and then once every 121 days. It will not bring the past back but some of it has been the beginning of wisdom for me. If you're in American then go to a MAPS clinic. There are 8 or so all over in a few states.

Interesting idea with the MDMA. Why specifically every 91/121 days?

Are there any heavy opiate users who quit and had their brains feel like they've gone back to 100%?

Yes, here!

People often say that. In Germany especially after Detox in the clinic: Been clean and off all Opis, mo methadone or anything, till IV heroin never feels the same.
But wait: Once you've been clean in long time theraspy (1 year or more), it definitely goes all the way back to 0. You have to be clean and on absolute 0 for a very long time. AT least several months, rather a year or more. But I've goon back after Opis and several methadone prescritions with 80 mg per day or more. But it takes moth on absolute 0 and I mean absolute 0. It just takes time. Maybe 15 months or so without any opioids at all.That's the whole secret. No opioits after your last withdrawal for a looong time.

EDIT:

I'd recommend heavy exercise (weights).

Very good advice, too. Sport's always good idea here. Even if it's only running a bit or going for a long hike. Good idea in any case. Will help you in almost miraculous ways!

But don't forget: you'll need month AFTER your successful WD.

Yes, here!

People often say that. In Germany especially after Detox in the clinic: Been clean and off all Opis, mo methadone or anything, till IV heroin never feels the same.
But wait: Once you've been clean in long time theraspy (1 year or more), it definitely goes all the way back to 0. You have to be clean and on absolute 0 for a very long time. AT least several months, rather a year or more. But I've goon back after Opis and several methadone prescritions with 80 mg per day or more. But it takes moth on absolute 0 and I mean absolute 0. It just takes time. Maybe 15 months or so without any opioids at all.That's the whole secret. No opioits after your last withdrawal for a looong time.

EDIT:

Very good advice, too. Sport's always good idea here. Even if it's only running a bit or going for a long hike. Good idea in any case. Will help you in almost miraculous ways!

But don't forget: you'll need month AFTER your successful WD.

RIP. I guess the Blue 30 I just swallowed won't be helping the cause then. Kind of got tired of fighting it.

I'm sorry everyone. I really didn't mean to let the helping hands down. PS I do work out regularly and I'm in pretty good shape. I always have before and during using. Maybe it would help more if it was a sudden transition instead of the same old.

Last edited:
200% my friend

It takes time and the realization that you can never "go back" only forward.

But that isn't because of opium/heroin/pills, it's because that's how life works.

The people we are at a certain point will inevitably fade and be re structured into a new version.

To embrace this and reinforce your coming form is to "feel good again."

The problem is letting go of the pleasure opiates give oneself.

And the love that you and I and many others have formed for these inanimate materials that interface with our brain in an intimate way.

In many ways it feels like leaving behind a friend and lover.

But you know what?

That's life.

(I realize this is a bullshit guidance counselor response)

[Bullshit fitness coach response: Cardiovascular exercise, running is excellent]

[Actual junkie response: MDMA is for sure a great option, the three month rule is a nice guideline, but I don't see it as law. Cannabis is a wonderful ally if respected as well]

It can take a year. Also, remember to take fish oil or algal DHA and other supplements, like B vitamins. You gotta feed your brain good stuff. I also recommend probiotics. There is stunning evidence that the gut biome has a direct impact on the brain. And with opioids, our intenstines have gotten all fucked up from the opioids affecting intenstinal motility and whatnot.

So that's my advice- DHA, b vitamins, vitamin d, and probiotics. It may sound like snake oil, but the research on each of those is mounting. Also, brain games are good too. I found that lumosity.com (which has gone downhill) didn't make me feel smarter, but it helped me think clearer and helped my mood.

Interesting idea with the MDMA. Why specifically every 91/121 days?
The best bet to quit heroin is to eat ibogaine during the withdrawal stage. The worst in the most hardcore and dependent of addicts will get over in less than 48 hours post-ingestion but the pain during withdrawal will be enhanced but is not fatal (unlike with alcohol). I wrote that previous post keeping trauma and CPTSD work in mind. The MAPS consensus is that no individual will really need to dose more than five times with the substance so long as psycholytic therapy is concerned because a majority of the case-study participants no longer met the PTSD criteria after, say, four sessions or so. The science behind 91 days at first is simply to let the seratonin regenerate and more importantly integration occur. I have felt physical sensations mimicking change in the brain especially after the first self-administer take place in real-time. It is what is advised. After the first three times, for the seratonin to replenish best wait for 121 days, slowly reduce use to three times a year. This is to ensure that the magic is not lost. One way to keep the focus in between sessions is to use NAC (although the jury is not out on its efficacy). I mixed it in water everyday for about a month after the second administer but some of the side-effects (nausea and itching) made me a bit indisposed. I should take it again soon for a month and then eat the magic pixie dust again.

Last edited:
Quit opiods, stay clean for five months, start taking MDMA once every 91 days the first three times and then once every 121 days. It will not bring the past back but some of it has been the beginning of wisdom for me. If you're in American then go to a MAPS clinic. There are 8 or so all over in a few states.
one word... Methadone

It kind of gets to normal but the problem is boredom life free of drugs just seems a little shit then you can't get away from them and to many tries of coke or any upper works at first then you end up on the gear . Don't dabble in anything you be ok but our brains chase an altered view I think it a life sentence you have to be tough upstairs and dont hang around with cokeheads you will end up back on the gear

I'll be clean for a romantic trip coming up. No real withdrawal so I'll have time to self-reflect.

After I eat this gorgeous Purdue blue.

After I did ibogaine in 2014, I felt normal again, better than normal, I truly felt cured. I kept feeling good, too, until 5 years later I was facing some really hard shit and just snapped and relapsed. Been struggling since then. But I truly did feel cured, and not plagued by opiates anymore, for years.

After I did ibogaine in 2014, I felt normal again, better than normal, I truly felt cured. I kept feeling good, too, until 5 years later I was facing some really hard shit and just snapped and relapsed. Been struggling since then. But I truly did feel cured, and not plagued by opiates anymore, for years.

I did Ibogaine in 2014 too! In Durban, South Africa to be specific. It did magically take away all my withdrawals, but I was drinking again in a week and started again on the heroin within 2-3 months.

I haven't done heroin in over 4 years now but I still take tramadol every now and then. Few weeks back I think I scared myself into a "taper" because of "withdrawals" that I felt.

I now realize even if I don't take it for 5 days then take 200-300mg boom auto-feel-like-shit the next day. It even manifests in spasms when I'm trying to sleep even though I know FOR A FACT that I haven't done enough to be physically dependent.

I don't know if it's just my mind playing tricks on me or what. Being a former heroin/opioid addict surely doesn't help I guess, because I know exactly what to look for in terms of symptoms which makes my judgment biased.

Really depressed at the moment but I don't think just the pills are to blame. Also just went through a break-up, still live in rehab and have little control over my life, plus the fucking virus.

Last edited:
I don't think there's an easy way out of this for me. Ibogaine has mixed reviews but it definitely is promising if nothing else works. Personally I'm afraid of tripping ballz...

It's just been a flat and grey world for months and months. Stimulants here and there help... but to be honest I rarely ever feel good. I guess I'll take it into account that what you guys are saying is true and it really does take that long to get your endorphins back. It's so much easier to use.... but I refuse to go back into withdrawal again.