• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Do you Actually listen or just wait until you can talk?

if lok1 is talking to me i am simply waiting for my turn to harm him in some terrible way

I think I interrupt people way too much, but I also think that I actively listen when most people are talking to me.

Except in networking situations. Then I tune out constantly. Unless someone is saying something incredibly interesting, which is fairly rare, I find it difficult to concentrate enough to listen as opposed to hear them. I just really despise smalltalk.

Doesn't happen unless I'm tired or incredibly stressed/upset/distracted with my friends though, even if what they're saying isn't groundbreaking, I'm still invested enough in them to want to listen to it.

i get afraid that every conversation i have with someone is extremely one-sided

it was realising that some people don't listen and just wait for their chance to talk that pretty much started my last philosophical burst... now i'm stuck hating and loving those people... fkn cunts... annoying me into destroying annoyances... not fair!

so, i used to listen, and listen, and listen... and then i noticed that no matter how much i learnt, and how much feedback i tried to give those people, it was worthless, useless, and nothing but a complete waste of my time (except that damn learning part)

now i listen, but as soon as i realise this is what someone is doing to me, I pointedly do it back to them as intensely as possible, even cutting into what they are saying and completely tangeanting on the topic. the most fun is when you start having to raise your voice over them because they are so caught up in listening to themselves that they don't even notice. the other fun part is pretending you aren't listening... but of course, by this stage you can't shut it out... damn learning...

but then i also find it easy to remember the important points i wanted to get accross, and have the patience to wait out a ranter hell bent on repeating themselves (no matter how many times i say "yes, I get it!" oh those are fun nights...) oh, and i'm humble.

wait, what were you all talking about again?

bah, it don't really matter... i've said my piece XD

EDIT: I also like listening to multiple conversations at once sometimes, tho you end up questioning your sanity when you do that, so don't practice to hard... please respond to this personal at I'[email protected]

Last edited: