• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do y'all really think "Enter the Void" is a good psychedelic movie?

MrYessir

Greenlighter
To each their own, but I've watched this movie twice and it's a huge buzz kill for me. It seems like a movie made by the government to make people who do psychedelics look bad. Haha am i alone on this one? What is good about the movie?

What's good is the original and striking cinematography. However I think it's too long and indulgent.

I hate this movie so stupid the story line the length of the movie all the breast feeding and animated dick inside vagina!! Makes no sense shot very poorly in no way is it a unique take on cinematography ,POV of a floating soul with all that fucking shaking and spinning I cant believe it actually got made. Does the creator of the movie believe in some strange version of reincarnation, you die near a baby and your soul goes in the baby??

ANYWAY I cannot believe you watched It twice. did you lose a bet?

I agree. I found it to be boring and it had terrible dialogue. Really uninteresting film to me, and completely overhyped by the drug scenes.

Last edited:
A girl recommended this movie to me, knowing little about me other than that I have an interest in psychedelics. I watched it and was almost offended by the recommendation, given the hype she put into it and how terrible it was. I found it boring, lacking emotion, poorly structured (maybe that was the intention) and an overall disappointment. You can't just expect an audience to appreciate a film that they have something in common with, you need to make the film watchable as well.

not sure what op exactly means by "good psychedelic movie". a movie that gives justice to psychedelics? a movie that is enjoyable while on psychedelics? i don't think enter the void is either one of those, nonetheless i enjoyed it very much and i feel lucky that i got to see it in the cinema. i don't see how it could work on a small screen.

shot very poorly in no way is it a unique take on cinematography ,POV of a floating soul with all that fucking shaking and spinning I cant believe it actually got made.

seriously? i can see why many people don't like it, but imho there is no denying it's uniqueness and technical quality.

Does the creator of the movie believe in some strange version of reincarnation, you die near a baby and your soul goes in the baby??

noe has repeatedly stated that the movie doesn't show whats happening after death, only what the protagonist is experiencing while dying.

not sure what op exactly means by "good psychedelic movie". a movie that gives justice to psychedelics? a movie that is enjoyable while on psychedelics? i don't think enter the void is either one of those, nonetheless i enjoyed it very much and i feel lucky that i got to see it in the cinema. i don't see how it could work on a small screen.

seriously? i can see why many people don't like it, but imho there is no denying it's uniqueness and technical quality.

noe has repeatedly stated that the movie doesn't show whats happening after death, only what the protagonist is experiencing while dying.

it really seems like his soul enters the babies soul at then end, its been awhile but I remember the baby having the same name and him sort of "entering" the baby in the plane.

i think there is a striking parallel between this film and the psychedelic experience...if you decide to trip for 'fun' or 'pleasure' or 'entertainment', the probability of having a bad experience goes up...you can't just sit back and expect the drug to create a pleasurable experience for you...same with watching this film. If you want an entertaining film with drug use in it or about drug use this is not the film you're looking for... in fact it's barely even about drugs, the main characters just happen to be drug users.

The first time I saw it was also the first time I did MXE and I was blown away by the cinematography and how unique of a film and story it was. I def think it's a pretty disturbing film but I like that challenge, in the same way I like the challenge of the psychedelic experience. IMO both this film and the psychedelic experience force you to consider your owm mortality and think about life through a novel perspective. I would highly recommend watching it on dissociatives, as well as watching it more than once to, because it's a lot to take in in one sitting.

Well the disturbing, morbid nature of this film really doesn't vibe with psychedelics at all IMO, like who the fuck wants to watch some dude fuck his sister when they're frying? The entire feeling of the film makes a lot of sense with dissociatives, however, I remember one time I watched it on either DXM or MXE, that was the one time I've seen it where I was actually able to maintain focus on everything happening (similar to how reading "Be Here Now" while tripping on DOC or other psychs everything falls into place & makes perfect sense - except that Be Here Now is good sober too). I like the allusions to the Tibetan Book of the Dead, but otherwise, unless you're a couple doses short of a hole it's not really worth watching.

I watched it twice cuz i figured i was too high the first time. i called it psychedelic cuz its a movie i heard alotta drug nerds love. there are way better disturbing moves than this one