• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do opiates/opioids have stronger effect with or without food?

UAV

Bluelighter
It’s a topic of hot debate. In your opinion, do orally administered opiates/opioids have more or less effect when one has consumed a full meal? Excluding consuming potentiators such as grapefruit etc, many people swear by eating a fatty meal which apparently helps enzymes; others say that the active drug is absorbed by the food one consumes. So, in your opinion, do you prefer a full or empty stomach when consuming.

Im asking because I have 40mg Oxycodone left and I’d like to enjoy the effects as much as I can, but I’m also very hungry! Generally I find that if I’m too full-up, I feel nauseas after consuming, though I haven’t attempted to eat anything particularly greasy to enhance the effects. I feel sick every time the oxy wears off, regardless of whether I’ve eaten or not, but I find that if I eat afterwards it calms down.

I usually consume a small high fat snack after taking my opiates on an empty stomach. Does it help absorbtion? I don't know just a little ritual I guess

not eating food may make drugs reach peak plasma levels faster but would logically also make you come down faster. I really don't worry about it too much - but I definitely prefer to eat very little before drugs and then right after I feel the effects I will eat something and it seems to boost the effects but I'm not sure how much of that is placebo.

I definitely love to eat right after the pills kick in.

In my experience eating a meal before taking oral drugs is a bad thing in general.

Cannabis edibles are boosted by eating something high in fat/oil prior, but I've never heard that for opioids.

Personally I would not eat before oxy, or any opiate really. Even if I was smoking or snorting it... opioids tend to make me puke on the come up.

I've tried several times with food and without food, I'd say my preferred now is without food on an empty stomach. I feel it faster and believe it lasts a little longer. Originally I would eat a high fat meal and take the pills and would get a nice buzz but nowadays it doesn't happen anymore unless I don't eat anything. I think depends on the person so it's mostly a gamble to eat or not. But if you are starving and constantly thinking about eating it will also ruin your high, so don't be too hungry before you take them.

I've tried several times with food and without food, I'd say my preferred now is without food on an empty stomach. I feel it faster and believe it lasts a little longer. Originally I would eat a high fat meal and take the pills and would get a nice buzz but nowadays it doesn't happen anymore unless I don't eat anything. I think depends on the person so it's mostly a gamble to eat or not. But if you are starving and constantly thinking about eating it will also ruin your high, so don't be too hungry before you take them.

Decided the best of both worlds. Made an English breakfast to 80% completion, took it, cooked the eggs and by that time I could feel it. Success.

Everyone says high fat, but for me, ALWAYS an empty stomach. But all lipophilic meds STILL work better for me on an empty stomach. Like Gabapentin. Almost hits me three times as hard if I don't eat.

I suggest waiting until about an hour after you dose to eat. I felt higher after i ate if i ate a little while after snorting my oxy.
I think green tea potentiates oxy a whole lot too. Might make some nauseous but i generally don't think im high on an opioid if I'm not puking.

I usually don't notice the difference. Best to not take drugs or drink on an empty stomach I think.