• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Misc Do drug dealers in Ireland give stuff on 'credit' and then threaten you/your family if you don't pay back?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
I was listening to a radio host Niall Boylan talk about a mother who had to pay a ransom to stop drug dealers attacking her house/family. Her 19yr old son was using cocaine and cannabis frequently and his habit soon exceeded his savings/earnings. She said that the drug dealer then gave him stuff on credit for a month and told him nicely to pay it back "when he could". Of course, he was out of his head for a month until he realized the predicament he was in and shit his pants.

He tried avoiding the drug dealer but he got followed and then they soon knocked on his ma's house. They asked for him and he said he'd pay. He told his mother about it but she said it's not her problem and kicked him out for using drugs. Well the dealer came again and smashed the window. Despite the mum saying that her son was no longer living there, they didn't care and said that if they can't find him, they'll go after his relatives until someone pays.

Long story, short, she paid €2500 and the issue was settled.

From listening to that episode, these stories are frighteningly common and it's happening to kids as young as 13-14. They either get threatened with physical harm or they are convinced to hold some drugs for someone.

Define Ireland?
SHOT BY MY NEIGHBOUR

Young Belfast boys are so terrified of vigilante thugs that they agree to meet them and be shot in the knees – or worse, receive a ‘six-pack’​

Paramilitary groups in Belfast are taking the law into their own hands by 'kneecapping' those accused of antisocial behaviour

ON St Stephen's Day last year, father-of-four Robert was in the kitchen with his partner Natasha when three masked gunmen broke into his house in the dead of night and struck him in the back of his head with a hammer.

Natasha and their children were ordered into the living room while Robert was 'kneecapped' - shot twice in his knees and twice in the ankles - by thugs who were working as part of an illegal paramilitary group.

He's one of dozens of victims who have been targeted by vigilante gangs in Northern Ireland and left crippled by kneecapping - a violent act that was popular during The Troubles, a 30-year period of political unrest between the Protestants and Catholics.

During this time, militarised groups such as the IRA saw themselves as law enforcers in their own areas.

They went after people they believed were damaging the community, including drug dealers and child molesters.

CIRCLING THE SKIES, the police helicopter alerts the public to an all too familiar scenario. With the local grapevine buzzing the word is out, yet another mutilation has been carried out, a ‘punishment’ attack. Parents are faced with what they believe to be a no-win situation: they must bring their own children to be brutally assaulted as they stand close by listening to the screams.

It is an act of barbarism that some would perhaps expect to hear about in the furthest reaches of Afghanistan carried out by the Taliban, but this is the latest form of ‘justice’ carried out here, on the streets of Derry.

What sets this attack apart from others is the forced involvement of parents, who are presented with two options: bring your child to be ‘kneecapped’, or make preparations for their funeral.

The mother of murdered Andrew Allen highlights the reality of living in Derry in recent years, as the city prepares to don the crown of UK City of Culture in 2013.

Andrew Allen became the first person executed by the ruthless self-appointed defenders of the people, Republican Action Against Drugs (RAAD), when the vigilante group gunned him down in Buncrana, Co Donegal on 9 February this year. Mr Allen’s crime was to be accused of drug dealing, a crime which this shadowy group feels merits the ultimate punishment – death. While he was never convicted of such criminality in a court of law, RAAD – acting as judge, jury, and now executioner – claim to be defending the local community from what they term “death dealers”.

Bit do dealers let folks run up mahoosive debts? Not that I know of. The only time I know of this is people lyin g and robbing their own. Ie, got into some debt somewhere and tell their parents they're gonna be tortured or whatever. Yup. I think I know of a couple of these cases.

Does it happen in Ireland? Yes it does, of course. Don’t forget Ireland’s history and what happens known drug dealers and users.

Myself and a mate had a nacker after us for a month over some 9 bars we owed on tick. We were aged 17 and 18 at the time.

Prospect of a kneecap job wasn't nice, so we went to my friends uncle and he had the debt cancelled.

So, yeah, now is like 20 years later, but I imagine the same shit happens as ever

Myself and a mate had a nacker after us for a month over some 9 bars we owed on tick. We were aged 17 and 18 at the time.

Prospect of a kneecap job wasn't nice, so we went to my friends uncle and he had the debt cancelled.

So, yeah, now is like 20 years later, but I imagine the same shit happens as ever
Of course it does and don’t forget the paras haven’t gone anywhere.

Does it happen in Ireland? Yes it does, of course. Don’t forget Ireland’s history and what happens known drug dealers and users.

Surely that's only because the so called 'paramilitaries' (I.e. organised criminals) want to control the drug trade themselves...

I can't speak for Ireland, but I will say if I heard someone say their kid said they were worried about their dealer coming after them for money, I'd be inclined to suggest that it's more likely a scam to get money for drugs.

Not saying it doesn't happen that the threat is real, it can, but... Well knowing how many scummy ways I and people I know have played on our loved ones to get money, I'm disinclined to believe any story that has as its solution "more money".

When you're an addict it's amazing how often you get into "problems" that require you to be given money by family and friends.

Of course, I mentioned the paras in a post above yours. They are the main culprits.
Outside Ulster6/9 ?
How prevalent are they in Eire?
Families getting threatened to pay back there kids drug debts goes on everywhere , I'd think.
Scummy to bring others into it.

I've found its the bigger dealers who have the money and their would be gangster hanger-on pals are the most vicious. Already make tons off money of a guy but now he owes you £70 you get your goons to beat him.

I can't speak for Ireland, but I will say if I heard someone say their kid said they were worried about their dealer coming after them for money, I'd be inclined to suggest that it's more likely a scam to get money for drugs.

Not saying it doesn't happen that the threat is real, it can, but... Well knowing how many scummy ways I and people I know have played on our loved ones to get money, I'm disinclined to believe any story that has as its solution "more money".

When you're an addict it's amazing how often you get into "problems" that require you to be given money by family and friends.

Yeah. Also can’t speak for Ireland, but in Australia this would be a pretty common scam drug fiends pull on their families. I was a totally solid customer of clear financial means for a long time and over the years the most credit I ever got was for a gram or two for maybe 48 hours. Drugs is a COD business at the retail level pretty much everywhere.

That said, I have met a couple of working women who were allowed to run up bigger drug debts with dealers and were then forced to put out or worse to settle the debt. I suspect that may be a reasonably common way for women to end up doing very low end sex work in AUstralia.

Outside Ulster6/9 ?
How prevalent are they in Eire?
Families getting threatened to pay back there kids drug debts goes on everywhere , I'd think.
Scummy to bring others into it.

I've found its the bigger dealers who have the money and their would be gangster hanger-on pals are the most vicious. Already make tons off money of a guy but now he owes you £70 you get your goons to beat him.
It’s complicated but yes it goes on everywhere. And it’s not my freedom fighting brethren in the south but people using that as a cover for their illicit activities. Of course the UDF in the north are the ones who are active up there. No being biased but those are the stats.

I think if you owe money to shady people in many countries, even nice developed ones, people are going to get hurt or property damage in order to ensure debts are paid.

It's not like people don't die in Canada, or the USA for drug debts.

It happens ye, I know a couple of people who topped themselves cos they owed money to the wrong lads.
Punishment shootings don't happen down south or in Dublin, it's a free for all...

Generally you won't get tick unless you a thick...

Yeah. Also can’t speak for Ireland, but in Australia this would be a pretty common scam drug fiends pull on their families. I was a totally solid customer of clear financial means for a long time and over the years the most credit I ever got was for a gram or two for maybe 48 hours. Drugs is a COD business at the retail level pretty much everywhere.

It's definitely possible to get more credit than that, provided you're reliable and are a big spender and know the right people.

Outside those exceptions though I generally agree, you're just not likely to get enough on tick to wind up owing thousands of dollars in the first place.

And if you do in my experience at least most dealers will wanna find some way to ensure you can keep paying something off your debt over time and remain a customer rather than start making threats and risk fucking up a good thing.

But if you've been a big buyer for a long time with the right dealer, and suddenly your ability to obtain money disappears while still in a huge debt that it suddenly looks like you aren't really motivated to pay off, it can happen. It's just not likely and I'd be more inclined to assume such a claimed threat is a scam most of the time.

It's not in the dealers interest to front you piles of drugs they can't be sure they'll get paid back for though.

Last edited:
I feel like generally this would happen to lower level dealers who get fronted drugs to sell, for instance a higher level marijuana dealer might front a lower level guy a quarter pound and then expect to be paid back in a few days or a week. I have a hard time believing this would happen to users being fronted drugs over any length of time though. Why would the dealer keep fronting drugs if they hadn't been paid back for the earlier drugs? I pretty much never asked dealers for drugs when I didn't have money because I knew what the answer would be, I mean often times it was hard enough to get them to show up when I did have money. I only had one dealer who offered to front me dope when I was sick and it was only like $20 worth which I was then expected to pay back the very next time I saw him, which I always did. Fronting addicts thousands of dollars worth of drugs just sounds insane to me and must be extremely uncommon if it happens at all in the USA. Only way I could see that making any kind of sense would be if the buyer and seller had a long term relationship and the seller knew the buyer was going to be getting a large sum of money soon.

It's not common but if you're a long term large quantity and generally dependable user or couple of users, it's definitely possible to run up pretty sizable debts. But yes, even then there's gonna be an upper limit after which you're not gonna get any more drugs until you're paying off what you owe.

And in my experience even when you are getting debt, you're getting it as part of an order you're paying for. You can't just have no money and ask for more tick.

Years n years ago someone asked me to do this. Approach his parents and pretend to be a H dealer owed a few hundred££ by their junkie son. Act all threatening etc.
No way was I going to agree to that. Who the hell thinks it's ok to scare the crap out of their family on their doorstep.
I've done some shitty things to get money out of my parents but sending some pretend (or real) thug dealer to menace them, no way.