• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Do benzos lower your immune system short-term?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
I've been very sick the past couple of days and today I've finally been able to get out of bed and do stuff ("stuff " being actually eating a miniscule amount of food and not feeling nauseous/puking every 5 minutes). I have since Etizolam laying around, but I haven't taken any to help me sleep for two reasons. One being I was afraid I'd throw up in my sleep and choke or something, and two being because I heard benzos lower/practically disable your immune system from somewhere (I don't remember where).

I was able to sleep through the night last night without waking up more than once or twice after I eventually fell asleep, and I didn't puke at all, but I was also on zofran. Today I woke up and wasn't very nauseous, aside from a splitting headache/sweats/chills I was fine. All that went away soon after waking up, but I also took Tylenol for the headache and Vyvanse to catch up on work for missed finals, so maybe the Vyvanse suppressed some of my symptoms.

Do you guys think I'd be okay to take some Etizolam to help me sleep tonight, or do benzos (or in this case thienobenzos) really lower your immune system that much? Also, if I did need to throw up would I even wake up if I took Etizolam? Or any other benzo in general?

I didn't get a response in time so I took some anyway. I took 1.2mg, waited 30 minutes and took another 1.2mg, and half an hour later (right now) I took another 1.2mg pill, adding up to 36mg Valium in equivalency. I'm comfy, but I still can't fall asleep dammit. Should i take another pill? Would dose equivalent to 48mg fuck me up physically? I'm seriously just trying to get some sleep so blackouts aren't even an issue better.

Whether this is true or not, benzos have never lowered my immune system. I take benzos when I am sick as it makes me feel normal..

Certain benzo's could make me wired, be super careful as being sick will only increase chances of potential bad things.

With all of the horror stories you hear on bluelight and on the street, it becomes quite easy to develop a very negative view toward benzodiazepines in general and granted, they can be dangerous, but acute use and chronic use are two totally different subjects.

Benzodiazepinesa when used "properly" are generally quite safe and efficient. Safe meaning that lethally overdosing on benzodiazepines alone is near impossible, as astronomical doses would be required. Efficient meaning that for the most part, they do exactly what they're supposed to do; relaxation, anxiolysis, muscle relaxation etc.

Now, in an attempt to answer your original question. Even if benzodiazepines did somehow weaken your immune system, taking them short term i.e. a couple of times probably wouldn't be enough to experience any of the side-effects of the drug. This includes dependence, withdrawal, cognitive issues and so on.

If you're feeling really bad and the etizolam is helping you get through and sleep normally, then I say you should take it. The doses that you're using are well within the realm of safety. Just keep the dosing to a responsible level and you should be fine.