Do Antidepressants Impair the Ability to Extinguish Fear?

This is why I say it is wrong to use antidepressants as anti-anxiety drugs...

Using it to cover up the depression in a toxic way creates more harm than good...

Khadijah;11624453 said:
I can see this because not long after starting Wellbutrin I started feeling like it would be so much easier to kill myself. I already wanted to but I feel like the medication kind of took away the natural barrier that exists in the human mind that stops you from crossing that line. the wellbutrin kinda took away that line and made it seem like it would just be as simple as taking the next step when youre walking. it made me seem like much less of a big deal and I didnt feel afraid of it at all.

That made me feel really peaceful and happy though and knowing it would be so easy made me feel better than i had in a while.

wellbutrin isn't an ssri, its a totally different kind of drug

LucidSDreamr;11660968 said:
I'm sure that the drugs are synthed in china because that is the cheapest place to buy them from....it's the American way. Most scientists in the US buy their custom chemicals from china because they are so much cheaper.

and no scientist in an American lab would be asked to make a known chemical that could cheaply be bought from china, they would have this scientist actually doing experiments or trying something new...not making a known compound and wasting time instead of just cheaply buying it.

For research on schedule I compounds in the US, you have to buy them from where the DEA tells you to buy them. You can suggest suppliers, but the DEA has to approve them first. The paper published about the study will tell you how the drugs were acquired.

SSRI drugs are, imho, have highotential o be very damaging substances and are casually handed out as a panacea for whatever ails you.
Certainly there are people who have biological, brain chem reasons to be treated w/ ADs. But too often they are given to folks who are going through rough times related to circumstance, not chemical imbalance, and that is bullshit and wrong.
1 friggin Paxil just about sent me to the moon. I'll never take another AD again. Never. Def one of the worst experiences of my life.
-izzy

A few days after reading this post, I started researching self hypnosis as possibly a main way to start reordering the damage done by problematic thought processes developed in youth, which stem into the rest of life, and if not challenged, lay rooted.

I have a 20 year history of bipolar-manic depression and have had about 6 hospital admissions during this time. I first tried LSD at 18 and Pot earlier, later on I mistakenly mixed ecstasy when prozac, which was the start of hospital treatment.

I'm only on lactimal now 150mg, but this has only been since 2009, before this I was always on and off ssri's snri's and trycilics, as well as low dose stabilisers. I feel confident that now, if I can stay off AD's, I'm going to be ok, and that I can understand, and develop a genuine comprehension of how stuff work's, which bring's me back to the hypnosis.

I've been getting into meditation properly for about 2 years, but have not yet "applied" thought processes beyond breathing and tuning in to the required state to stabilise the mind, and now I'm understanding the opportunity to actually do something that really works, but adjusting the knackered activity towards using pathways that, as I understand it, do not activate the desire to peg it when a hard time arises. One thing which stood out on the first few pages of this basic hypnosis book, was that the process of preparing to enter the neurological state which allows new information to be place effectively, when the brain is in the theta pattern, that the amygdala is one of the areas which is turned down in activity, which reads to me that it is bypassable, to some extent.

So if this part of the brain can be turned down, which, would be tricky to do in rats, I guess new patterns which evolve from using this method, if applied correctly would alter the core element of the basis of fear, which exists as memory in other areas of the brain, which the amygdala is possibly obstructing when in a state which is damaged.

This part of the brain, at the moment, to me, seems to represent a place where chaos gets its way, so if damaged, it should be left to rest for a while until off the ssri's if possible.

Also,

part of my regime, to stay well includes using reishi powder, chaga, matcha and gynostemma, which are all regulating adaptogens.
I also believe using psilocybin every so often in a controlled and therapeutic way can return the mind to state which is not so involved will repeating conscious activity, towards it's natural state., though real understanding of what your up to and prepared enough for is necessary, which is what I'm trying to do. I wouldn't take LSD again at the moment, because I'm aware that work needs to be done, and self-hypnosis is a way to get started.

The part that kills me about these substances more than everything else is the marketing...

It’s completely bogus to have a market of drugs that are metabolites of the previous one that do the same exact fucking shit to acquire a monopoly over the said drug...

This lets them have an economic edge and the older better chemicals get phased out and proclaim to be safer too...

I would love to see Dexamyl, and other sedative hypnotic/stimulant.

I don’t like being introverted... I hate feeling detached from feelings. I vowed to never touch SSRI’s ever again.

It’s psychological poison.

nipplecummer, do you have multiple personality disorder by any chance? Or another fetish for getting your post count up quickly?