• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! DMT

So basically, if you are a materialistic person, and very into the mainstream narratives, quite a bunch of questions are gonna arise from the experience.
I really cannot understand those who think the DMT world is just our brain doing odd things with the help of a substance. It's just beyond me.

I mean, it doesn't feel like that at all, and everything has a biochemical correlate in the human experience, so obviously the mind it's gonna show this or that activity in the brain, that's just a tautology, not an explanation.
My bet is that the real explanation would be much more bewildering.

Freebase DMT doesn't really store well. Maybe others can chime in on this, its not something I would hold on to for a year. MHRB bark on the other hand probably lasts many years. I just used some old bark the other day that wasn't kept air tight, and its fine.
I think both bark and pulls are stable. This past April I had some that I had put away from 2016 and it was as good as the day it was birthed. Just in a jar sealed.

I even think the whole notion of DMT Oxide was confusing and not much came of it. Simple tryptamines seem pretty stable. I mean what could DMT even break down into to make it inactive?

Freebase stored just fine for me as long as it's relatively pure. If plant oils are left in it tends to darken and turn goopy. Although, DMT does partially break down into other active tryptamines like NMT iirc.

I had 2g of white freebase DMT that I kept in a cheap $1 plastic container that wasn't truly air tight and it lasted just fine for well over a year in my drawer. Was still pure white and potent a year later.

Pure product lasts longer. It's important to get all of those plant oils out.

Although, DMT does partially break down into other active tryptamines like NMT iirc.
That is good to know. I wonder if anything speeds that up or causes it to happen. Also if NMT is psychedelic itself. I have seen DMT change color sometimes and sometimes not at all.

The simple tryptamines have always made me wonder what they could break down into. DPT seems very stable too. Then again I am just guessing.

NMT is active, although it might not be pleasant by itself.

Jungle DMT (reddish color) is purported to have high levels of NMT. It's a different type of high, some people prefer it over freebase, others don't and find it inferior.

That's my understanding of NMT at least. I've only done freebase DMT myself.

I think both bark and pulls are stable. This past April I had some that I had put some away from 2016 and it was as good as the day it was birthed. Just in a jar sealed.

I even think the whole notion of DMT Oxide was confusing and not much came of it. Simple tryptamines seem pretty stable. I mean what could DMT even break down into to make it inactive?
Its not inactive just much darker and more paste consistency making me think it degraded
NMT is active, although it might not be pleasant by itself.

Jungle DMT (reddish color) is purported to have high levels of NMT. It's a different type of high, some people prefer it over freebase, others don't and find it inferior.

That's my understanding of NMT at least. I've only done freebase DMT myself.

I can second that old pulls can sit on the shelf for a long time and still be good.

I do think DMT is prone to degradation, moreso than say LSD. But it doesn’t seem to degrade into anything inactive, and sometimes feels stronger. This seems to be the case with other tryptamines ive tried too.

Not all DMT will degrade though, I’ve found if the utmost care is taken during purification the resulting DMT can literally sit in a hot wallet for almost a year and look just as good as the day it went in. (True story, put a paper bindle of DMT in my wallet and thought I’d lost it, a year later I’m paying for something and it falls out.)

Only the purest DMT will hold itself like that. I don’t think the degradation is due to leftover NaOH but possibly some oil/fat.

For these reasons I prefer to keep mine in a very cool place to slow down degradation.

NMT is psychoactive on its own but very weak. Like comparing a CBG/CBN to THC. There’s effects but nothing compared to the parent drug. It’s said to be 1/3 the potency but even at full doses will not induce visionary states.

It mellows out the experience, gives it an almost opiate like quality as well as increases the Love feeling. Just the right amount is perfect.

NMT is found in Jungle Spice but it’s my belief Jungles unique flavor comes from some other unknown alkaloid. It’s still so rough around the edges that I feel it can’t be NMT.

NMT is also found in Acacia confusa and Diplopterys cabrerana (sp?). Acacia comfusa being the best source for large amounts of sometimes almost pure NMT. That’s the gamble with confusa, you’ll get a 1.5-2.5% yield but sometimes it’s DMT heavy and sometimes it’s NMT heavy. You gotta be ok with a heavy NMT batch here and there.

Chaliponga (Diplopterys) varies wildly in its NMT content, some batches don’t have any and others have a lot.

-GC

Umm what?

I've made dmt/ayahuasca myself and me and my friends on both occasions vommited. My understanding is the silt in the mix that you can't fully strain out without really good gear and time is what causes stomach aggravation. I believe this because I very poorly filtered mine and we vommited too quickly to trip. The amount of lemon juice in the brew wasn't enough to make anyone vomit, less than lemonade of an equal volume.
I've also prepared it myself, without vomiting. It probably is the silt/wood bark, but I don't think you need to have some fancy equipment to get rid of it. Perhaps you have been using too large MAOI doses

“The entheogenic effects of NMT could be described as 'spatial sense' orientated, as well as 'memory/thought locational'. Visual effects (mainly closed eyed) occurred on larger vaporized doses (90-120mg) or when taken orally with MAOIs, and seemed directly synaesthetically related to the predominant spatial and memory/thought aspects. Larger vaporized doses also produced a 30-45 second peak of vary rapid visual phenomena beginning at 2-5 minutes, described by one subject as 'more far-out than DMT', though not overwhelming in strength. Auditory perception was greatly enhanced, without pitch or distortion effects. Music was described as sounding 'amazing' whilst apparently unchanged. There were predominantly enhanced cognitive and 'emphathogenic' effects until baseline. All subjects reported a feeling of enhanced 'clarity' afterwards, and said that they would try it again. Lower doses were found to be an effective meditation tool by some, with no visual activity. It was noticed that retention of spatial memory in darkness navigation tests seemed improved, though it was not possible to conduct formal experiments at the time.
Here are some notes taken by a subject following 90mg NMT by vapour: (see Experimental Reports for more)

"...immediate recceding from ordinary 4D space
very 'tryptamine' vibe, but ...nothing much..almost inactive, then

2-3 minutes, very rapid 'direct addressing of the organism'
descending 'semi-entity' visuals for about 45 seconds
feeling increasingly 'high' for want of a better word

sound sensitivity..relates to spatial detection
how do you feel space? what is it?
you feel it because it is continuous with yourself

where mind becomes space

ever slightly increasingly stimulating at 15-45mins

rhythmic or cyclic compression/dilation of space = alternate form of 4D geometry

light becomes brighter then halo like, as if slowed down = the space of light within light

...not so much a visual or auditory entheogen, although there were some visuals, but rather a 'Spatial hallucinogen'...imagine you could 'feel' but not see an Escher world..."

Ref - data in the talk "entheogenic effects of NMT from acacia" given at the EGA conference

-GC

No, just going on other word of mouth on the internet from DMT nexus. Most xMT compounds are active, right?
well we dont know since shulgin didnt bother to properly test them. we dont even if know if NMT is lipophilic enough to enter the brain (though i assume it is)