Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DMT - New Experience

TheCosmos

Greenlighter
It was a sat afternoon me and 3 friends.

We prepared ourselves by smoking some canabis and chilling (both of other people were DJs who mostly played downtempo chill sets so the music was perfect).

Let's call us A B & me.

A goes first, we setup a relaxing summer chair the kind your half craddled/reclined in. He takes his hit. and Vanishes, comes back to us like 10 mins later. Unimpressed, Mumbling about having had better acid trips.

I go, I get in the chair, get handed the bowl.

Hold the flame over it watch/hear the melting (I dunno if it was the actually DMT melting or the light making sounds).

I take my hit hold it, Exhale, take a quick another one. It tastes like pure ass, reminded me of the plastic smell.

Everything goes black, The next thing I remember is being directly across the room from myself up in the corner watching the entire room, me in the chair, A at his computer, and B on the couch reading.

Suddenly that too goes black and I feel this CRAZY upward motion as if i was rocketing skyward, as fast as it started. It stopped.

I was in a HUGE black room, it was pitch black (I say room, because it's the best way I could perceive it with having no sense of feeling, or any source of light.

Suddenly in front of me, I see this multi armed crazy bright female looking figure who is floating towards me (I could only really see her from the torso up) she had 4 arms on each side and when she spoke it was inside your head I never saw her mouth move.

She slowly approached me, and I heard inside my head "You are here too soon, your not supposed to be here and you have to go now. But don't worry *insert my actual name here* your doing just fine, and we'll meet again"

It then felt like something was craddling me and dropped like a fucking brick to the point of almost being slammed back into my body, and my eyes opened. To A still surfing/reading the Web and B still reading his book.

I asked if I said anything or did anything. And they just said, I went limp.. And then woke up startled. Nothing else. Total time was 5 mins, and I felt a crazy euphoric happiness for a good hour after that.

When B took his turn he was pretty quiet/didn't say much during or after. SAid it was fun and pretty much left right away.

I'm not sure if this is worth mentioning...

About a week later, i'm sitting at work and I yawn, one of those you lean back yawn and stretch at the sametime, when I opened my eyes. I'm standing on a dirt road in Africa (how did I know this is Africa.. no fucking clue.. but I did).

It's really warm out, there is a beautiful warm breeze blowing (I can feel it on my face). Down the road from me really far is this HUGE tree. I mean massive larger than it should be. And I feel perfectly at peace, like I'm supposed to be here and everything is a-ok.

I blink, and i'm back at my computer desk staring at terminal windows.

It's never happened again.

~Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed, If anyone does have some following up questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Last edited:
Nice report. A nice blast of DMT churns up interesting daydreams for days afterwards for me too. Sometimes they seem to be a sythesis of distant memories and longings, while other times they relate to situations and scenarios of completely bizarre and unintelligable origin, except in the world of science fiction.
The experience is at first a bit intimidating ('Oh shit - what the f--k have I done this time?' etc) but when you get more familliar with the phenomena you can get more involved. Later I reckon I feel positive effects, like I have had some kind of mental workout. On a spiritual level, I feel re-enthused towards life, people and the world, and it gives me a sensation of optimism about the nature of reality and consciousness and its potentials.
Hope you can meet that intriguing female entity again and find out what she can show you. Probably something deliciously outlandish. Thats what keeps me coming back every couple of weeks for a lungfull of the hippy-crack!
Peace and good will to all thehuman and non human consciousnesses out there (or in there - a question of metaphysics) - Happy elfjousting - Pipp

ahhhyeeaaa... dmt's prolly the coolest psychedelic to me cause it sends out into space quicker than you expect and its just amazing :D

It was a sat afternoon me and 3 friends.

We prepared ourselves by smoking some canabis and chilling (both of other people were DJs who mostly played downtempo chill sets so the music was perfect).

Let's call us A B & me.

A goes first, we setup a relaxing summer chair the kind your half craddled/reclined in. He takes his hit. and Vanishes, comes back to us like 10 mins later. Unimpressed, Mumbling about having had better acid trips.

I go, I get in the chair, get handed the bowl.

Hold the flame over it watch/hear the melting (I dunno if it was the actually DMT melting or the light making sounds).

I take my hit hold it, Exhale, take a quick another one. It tastes like pure ass, reminded me of the plastic smell.

Everything goes black, The next thing I remember is being directly across the room from myself up in the corner watching the entire room, me in the chair, A at his computer, and B on the couch reading.

Suddenly that too goes black and I feel this CRAZY upward motion as if i was rocketing skyward, as fast as it started. It stopped.

I was in a HUGE black room, it was pitch black (I say room, because it's the best way I could perceive it with having no sense of feeling, or any source of light.

Suddenly in front of me, I see this multi armed crazy bright female looking figure who is floating towards me (I could only really see her from the torso up) she had 4 arms on each side and when she spoke it was inside your head I never saw her mouth move.

She slowly approached me, and I heard inside my head "You are here too soon, your not supposed to be here and you have to go now. But don't worry *insert my actual name here* your doing just fine, and we'll meet again"

It then felt like something was craddling me and dropped like a fucking brick to the point of almost being slammed back into my body, and my eyes opened. To A still surfing/reading the Web and B still reading his book.

I asked if I said anything or did anything. And they just said, I went limp.. And then woke up startled. Nothing else. Total time was 5 mins, and I felt a crazy euphoric happiness for a good hour after that.

When B took his turn he was pretty quiet/didn't say much during or after. SAid it was fun and pretty much left right away.

I'm not sure if this is worth mentioning...

About a week later, i'm sitting at work and I yawn, one of those you lean back yawn and stretch at the sametime, when I opened my eyes. I'm standing on a dirt road in Africa (how did I know this is Africa.. no fucking clue.. but I did).

It's really warm out, there is a beautiful warm breeze blowing (I can feel it on my face). Down the road from me really far is this HUGE tree. I mean massive larger than it should be. And I feel perfectly at peace, like I'm supposed to be here and everything is a-ok.

I blink, and i'm back at my computer desk staring at terminal windows.

It's never happened again.

~Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed, If anyone does have some following up questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Amazing trip report.

Shiva or Shakti, and the Tree of Life perhaps? When I read trip reports like this, it really makes me wonder whether visions like this originally precipitated these ideas, or if individuals having known of these ideas then precipitates the visions. Why are these specific images "common"?

Last edited:
I found it really amazing, odd. Because I've done heroic doses of LSD, Mushrooms, AMT, etc. And not tripped AT all.

I get giddy, laugh, have some weird audio hallucinations. But I do not visual trip. I've only visually tripped once in my life. And that was in high-school, me and a friend ate I would say close to 15-20g of freshly picked mushrooms (they used to grow in the front yards where I grew up naturally). We then went to class, and I remember loosing my shit hardcore. We had a test a numbers were talking to me, the letters, etc on my page were dancing around and running/jumping off my desk to commit suicide.

*THAT* was the last time i've ever tripped on anything. I swear i'm built not too trip. It's why this exp still sticks with me even tho it's happened 6-8 years ago.

Amazing trip report.

Shiva or Shakti, and the Tree of Life perhaps? When I read trip reports like this, it really makes me wonder whether visions like this originally precipitated these ideas, or if individuals having known of these ideas then precipitates the visions. Why are these specific images "common"?

I'm not sure, I'm not religious (had to actually look up Shakti).

It was VERY close to what most of the Shiva images look like. It was pure bright white light (could make out features tho). The face tho was completely devoid of features, or eyes, etc. Just a "mouth" like feature in the right spot. Because I could sense/see her smiling at me trying to be friendly. Like she knew her approaching me was a scary thing for me. And it also had no clothes, etc.

From the waist down it just seemed to disipate/vanish.

Decent trip report.
I haven't had DMT, but both salvia and weed have given me effects similar to many of the ones you described, particularly

I look forward to my first DMT trip, but I'm understandably a bit scared to experience such an intense and rapid change in consciousness and a possible long-term change in personality. Salvia 20x was not "beyond imagination" for me, but I haven't broken through on it. Although I did trip very strongly for two minutes.

There's a video on youtube named 2cb dance, and the figure at 1:13 is a bit like the one that I encountered on several trips.
It was VERY close to what most of the Shiva images look like. It was pure bright white light (could make out features tho). The face tho was completely devoid of features, or eyes, etc. Just a "mouth" like feature in the right spot.
That sounds very different.

Do you feel much different than you did before the trip? How so? Was it as intense as you expected? Was it indeed way beyond imagination, preparation, and anything other than DMT?

Last edited:
I had no real idea going in other than "It's going to very intense, you may loose your shit, and it's going to blow you away"

Have I changed from it? Yes... I became more empathic to people, more understanding of things from there pov (I always did, but for some reason now I paid attention to it).

I had a weird dream one night couple years ago kinda of related to the DMT trip.

I dreamt, I died, but I turned into energy. And went back into the universe, to find out that is where we are meant to be. And that earth and the physical realm we know is simple an area for us to learn compassion, love, understanding, empathy, before we join the universe to govern it (In the dream when I died I was great by that 4 armed thing who explained that and that I had passed and could now rule).

Weird huh...

I tried Salvia 40x I think it was no where the same. Mostly gave me a headache for half the day after, for like 20 seconds of spinning fractals..... Maybe I need to try more.. but blah the end result isn't worth it (I feel like shit).

My biggest reccomendation going in is simply this, do it with people (so they can tripsit you, and you have people to talk too incase you need it, and calling up someone can suck cause they could be busy, not care, etc). And enjoy it.. and remember no matter how crazy it seems.. it's all in your head :)

@Lord...

After watching video, and getting goose bumps.. It's *ALMOST* identical. Accept to me it was less hunched over and flailing, more composed quiet, and gentle looking. But otherwise almost fucking identical. Any idea what that is in the video? Or just a 3d image for the song?

I wish I had your exp on weed. I've been smoking since I was 17-18 off and on, and then heavy daily since I was 21. I've *NEVER* had a trip, or hallucination on weed, worst I've ever gotten was crazy dry mouth and to the point even a thought of smoking more turned my stomach and I just wanted sleep. (It was like 4 of us and we smoked *almost* a full oz in 1 night is really good stuff, and when I say really good.. it was good, local grown, properly cured, crazy taken care of and crystals on it like mad. Best bud i've had in a LOOONG time.)

Heheh follow, Lord, everytime I watch that video. I get goose bumps. I'm curious now if this image is common for DMT trips.