View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT help??!

BruceAlmighty11

Greenlighter
Hello, this was my first time making DMT and i have a few questions, as i feel i may have messed up. What i did was took a jar half filled with water, added a spoon of lye crystals, stirred it to dissolve it in, added 3 spoons of mimosa hosilis root bark powder, stirred, let sit for 8 hours, added lighter fluid to extract the dmt from the water, let it sit over night, and then the next day (today) used a turkey baster and sucked out the lighter fluid, and put it in the freezer. Now, it sat for 3 or so hours and i went to check on it and air the freezer out, and i saw hundreds of white dots, it was some righteous DMT. I let sit awhile longer, and took it out of the freezer and brought it in and was gonna let the rest evaporate off in my room. Well, 3-4 minutes later ALL of the DMT dots dissappeared. So i freaked out and brought it back to the freezer.
Question 1- If app the DMT leaves when i take it out of the freezer, how do i collect it, without it dissapearing again?
Question 2- i want to do a re-run, and i know i'm supposed to suck out the water that doesent evaporate in the freezer with the DMT dots and put it back in the jar, and stir and let it sit and thats a re run, right?

A similar thing happened to me, it turned out to be water ice. Leave the thing in the freezer for a day or two and see if you get more precipitate. Alternatively, it could just not be saturated enough with DMT. If a couple of days doesn't give you crystals evap the solution. You'll get what you want, just not as pure. But it'll work.

Were not here to help you manufacture DMT.

Extraction advice isn't against the rules and this isn't the first thread like this, so I'm not sure what you mean.

This is not a basis for a wiki article. Please read the particular subforum's guidelines before posting again.

ebola

It's simple, you cannot remove all the solvent simply by pouring it off so as it warms up the DMT crystals redissolve in to the solvent.
The DMT is still there however. You can collect it all in this fashion, it may be very gooey, and perform one big recrystallization if you wish.
Don't be discouraged, a clean extraction of a single compound from plant material is not always easy.
There are other solvents which are more selective for DMT than naptha, hexane/heptane or xylene being two of them I believe.

There are other solvents which are more selective for DMT than naptha, hexane/heptane or xylene being two of them I believe.

I think these last three are stronger, but less selective than naptha, so you'll get more of a goo.

I have to admit, it's always been an area of confusion for me due to the way naphtha is labelled in my parts, but I was under the impression that naphtha (a cocktail of various different hydrocarbons) would pull more stuff less selectively than specific hydrocarbons (pentane, hexane, heptane etc.)

OK...Xylene dissolves everything, Naptha dissolve most things and heptane dissolves one thing...DMT...not literally of course, but for our purposes.

Heptane is MOST selective and Xylene least with Naptha somewhere in between....shouldn't post when I'm high.

I generally use only heptane these days...smaller return, but very white.

I would suggest going to lycaeum.org and then checking out the hive forums archives. They have lots of information on synths and extractions.