View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines DMT content

Mcracken420

Bluelighter
I am looking at plants that contain DMT and phenylethylamines and I found one that contains both on DMT nexus. It should be easy for me to acquire and is invasive in my area. It says there is .2% in leaves and bark of this particular plant, is that a large enough amount to make the effort of extracting it worth it?

Which plant is this? What phenethylamines does it contain?
It is Acacia Longifolia, which is apparently invasive in California, so I assume that I could find it growing nearby. DMT Nexus only says there is .2% tryptamine in bark, leaves, and some in the flowers. It also only says phenethylamine in flowers, so I think it is just understudied. There are other websites I found that have touched on this, and a Reddit post where someone says that there is definitely DMT in it. No info on the phenethylamines though.

It is Acacia Longifolia, which is apparently invasive in California, so I assume that I could find it growing nearby. DMT Nexus only says there is .2% tryptamine in bark, leaves, and some in the flowers. It also only says phenethylamine in flowers, so I think it is just understudied. There are other websites I found that have touched on this, and a Reddit post where someone says that there is definitely DMT in it. No info on the phenethylamines though.
Invasive species does not mean it will be easy to find, it means it's not supposed to grow there and authorities will destroy it if found in the wild. It grows in Australia. In all likelihood it's probably very rare in California if yhere at all.

I can't find anything about it containing phenethylamines, other than an extremely vague mention in a weird wiki. Not all phenethylamines are something that will get you high.

It also apparently has cytotoxic compounds in it...

This isn't something you should try to extract at home unless you know what you're doing.

Just buy some mimosa and san pedro or something

DMT Nexus only says there is .2% tryptamine in bark, leaves
.2% i would consider personally pretty low. Seeing how mimosa is up to 2% and it's still a good amount of work and solvent cost, and you don't get much back. I'm not saying don't go for it or go for it, just expect a lot of work.
Invasive species does not mean it will be easy to find
Maybe true, but as someone who's worked with invasives for a good portion of my life, generally speaking, if you find an invasive plant, you typically find it in great abundance. I've always been super interested in invasives that contain medicinal or psychedelic compounds and I don't feel bad harvesting them, because they are already fucking up the local ecosystems. Phalaris is especially aggressive, I've seen entire football field size patches of it. I've also sprayed said fields with glyphosate from the back of a truck on a boom sprayer. Terrible.

All that said there may be a better species local to you. I've heard conflicting reports on ice plant, which grows pretty prolifically on the California coast. I've never worked with it but supposedly it contains DMT.

I don't know why anyone would want to extract phenethylamine though. AFAIK psychedelic phenethylamines pretty rare in nature. Only ones I'd ever go for are found in Peyote/Cacti

Happy hunting regardless, its always a neat skill to be able to identify drug plants wherever you are :)

Yea .2% is low but not unworthy of extraction if your of a researchers mind. Chaliponga honestly yields around that on average, sometimes I saw .5%. But it’s effect is so unique it’s worth the trouble.

-GC

I'm very familiar w chaliponga, there was a lot of misinformation going around that it had a significant 5-meo-DMT % but all follow up studies have only found nn dmt in it. Love him but we have keeper trout to thank for that.

I'm still kind of curious what makes chaliponga so noticeably different than say chacruna.

I've had both on several occasions, but I would tend to agree they a bit different. Maybe just subjective differences due to set and setting.

And yeah .2% is doable. If you're trying to produce any significant amounts I would definitely advise getting a roto evaporator to recover solvents, otherwise you'll spend a lot of money, and possibly resort to dumping, which is a very bad idea IMO.

I'm very familiar w chaliponga, there was a lot of misinformation going around that it had a significant 5-meo-DMT % but all follow up studies have only found nn dmt in it. Love him but we have keeper trout to thank for that.

I'm still kind of curious what makes chaliponga so noticeably different than say chacruna.

I've had both on several occasions, but I would tend to agree they a bit different. Maybe just subjective differences due to set and setting.

And yeah .2% is doable. If you're trying to produce any significant amounts I would definitely advise getting a roto evaporator to recover solvents, otherwise you'll spend a lot of money, and possibly resort to dumping, which is a very bad idea IMO.

I’ve wondered if there’s MAOI’s and NMT that alter the experience but still think there’s something unidentified as of yet. It’s definitely not 5-MeO but possibly along those lines, Chaliponga definitely doesn’t play.

My first extraction was Chaliponga cuz I thought there would be good yields and 5-MEO in there to further strengthen it ;) I remember getting my ass absolutely handed to me compared to mimosa DMT and Acacia DMT at that time.

-GC

Only if you know it’s for sure in there. And it depends on the price. Low wages exist when you do certain things yourself.

Common ones are mimosa hostilis, acacia confusa, diplopterys cabreana.