View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT anxiety/terror

spockcarolla

Bluelighter
As someone who is no stranger to sailing the seas of the psyche, I was surprised how rattled I was by my first DMT experience. So rattled initially, that I didn't think I could deal with it another time. However the feeling of being jacked into a hub of the universe where highly evolved beings reside in a world of brilliant, shimmering, crystalline transcendence was far too enticing. There has been a feeling of imminence to return to “that place” that melts away heartbreakingly every time in such an obscured, foggy fashion. Although, it is a place that I know we and every other life-form that adapts to change will end up, as Stanley Kubrick put it, “We are but a crude step between apes and superbeings” and this is why I believe it takes such a toll on the body and mind in strange ways. Going trans-human while still human is cheating and you get spanked a little. My spanking takes form in anxiety, which is extremely hard for me to deal with. It is so strong that during early moments of the experience I think “I just can’t do this to myself again,”, but by the end I’m scolding myself for ever thinking that.

Do any of you have anxiety about DMT? I’ve heard a lot of people say that it melts away, but for me the anxiety of those first few moments feel almost too much to bear. I’ve been trying to take smaller, sub-breakthrough doses, but it’s just so intense, the first time I was terrified. Any techniques for dealing with this?

It happens. I didn't get any anxiety from the first handful of trips and I have only gotten it once or twice with just DMT. Sometimes I hate that one or two minutes of rushing into hyperspace but I just get over it. Sometimes you have to wade through shit to make it to paradise. Unforunatly the most astounding things are usually hard to abtain but its worth the work at the end of the day. As far as dealing with it just start extremely low and work up until your comfortable.

It's pretty much inevitable that you'll feel anxiety from DMT at some point. It comes on so fast and it's so disorienting, of coarse you freak occasionally, but it never does permanent damage...to either body or mind.

Yes, I most definitely experience terror or anxiety when doing DMT, at some point at least. it is usually in the beginning when it really "smacks" me and I am hit with this feeling "oh god what have I done" which is followed by a primordial fear, which is then usually followed by an intense ego destruction accompanied by loud electronic sounding hallucinations and intense distortions of time and space. by that point tho I feel every emotion, so the anxiety is also a part of love or beauty, so it just Is, and is no longer solely fear