• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT advice

Bluelighter
So tomorrow i will be trying DMT for the first time. I know alot about it and i feel like im ready, but i have one more question to ask before i indulge in the spice. Is it possible for me to turn aggresive while on DMT? I read online that you loose motor skills very quickly, so does that mean that i won't be able to walk? I just don't want to hurt anyone

I think it's extremely unlikely. Obviously it's happened with others, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's of any real risk.

Have you got any experience with other psychedelics?

Yes, i've done LSD four times and shrooms once. My friend is gonna be trying it for the first time as well, he's not experienced with psychedelics though. He's well informed and knows alot because i've taught him but this is gonna be his first time trying any psychedelic, he'll be fine right? He's a pretty intelligent and open minded person

DMT was the first drug besides alcohol and weed that I tried and I was more than fine.

In my experience, DMT is actually quite sedating. I've never heard a report of DMT making someone aggressive - the event that you might attack and injure someone seems so unlikely that you're better off not worrying about it. You may find that you feel compelled to lie prone and still - and hence, not walk.

If you want to be as safe as possible, just make sure that you and your friend take a moderate (not large) dose of the drug.

Yeah I def could never see aggression becoming a problem and like it was said it is somewhat sedating. Just be prepared from a somewhat difficult instant come up period where your brain is flooded with DMT. I found it a little uncomfortable and found myself overheating. This is on a lower than breakthrough dose. I was smoking off a foil though until my pipe shows up. Maybe its different with a full breakthrough(out of body) dose.

I can't seem to get passed anything more than a heavy acid trip headspace. Nothing close to leaving the body. If I did I could imagine it being to difficult to see anythign due to the overwhelming amount of visuals

I had DMT only at quite low doses, but even then it made me feel very heavy. of course freaking out is a possibility, but not more than with other drugs I'd say. have a tripsitter in case, the effect is over in a couple of minutes anyway, if things go south.

good luck man :)

I have introduced upwards of a dozen or so people to DMT and i never once witnessed someone do anything other then stare into space maybe look around and then go "im back" or "whoa, you wont believe what i saw" Not one person, other then 3 people i knew that when HARD on the dosing, had a bad experience. My "bad" experience wasnt bad as much as overly intense and a good stopping point, i still love introducing it to people. My former g/f had dmt as her first and only psychedelic, she is not into them but because i was extracting it and had it she wanted to try it. She loved it until she took a massive rip and was thrown into a dimension she had a hard time integrating... she still talks about it in a joking light but she was crying through the whole thing. Funny when she came out of it she literally said "wait have i been crying" lol it was like 3 minutes and i did all i could and she was fine once it was over.

But yeah i have literally introduced at least a dozen people to their first experience with me as a direct witness. The only bad things people ever said was it was too quick i couldnt focus everything became a fast ball of moving light etc.

I mostly get overwhelmed with a desire to lay back and then I'm too far out of this world to even contemplate aggression. You're just in complete awe of what is being presented to you, then you tend to comeback down with an all encompassing feeling of love and acceptance.

Enjoy :)

I wish I didn't get nausea from it, its making it hard to get that last big hit to break through.

I have introduced upwards of a dozen or so people to DMT and i never once witnessed someone do anything other then stare into space maybe look around and then go "im back" or "whoa, you wont believe what i saw" Not one person, other then 3 people i knew that when HARD on the dosing, had a bad experience. My "bad" experience wasnt bad as much as overly intense and a good stopping point, i still love introducing it to people. My former g/f had dmt as her first and only psychedelic, she is not into them but because i was extracting it and had it she wanted to try it. She loved it until she took a massive rip and was thrown into a dimension she had a hard time integrating... she still talks about it in a joking light but she was crying through the whole thing. Funny when she came out of it she literally said "wait have i been crying" lol it was like 3 minutes and i did all i could and she was fine once it was over.

But yeah i have literally introduced at least a dozen people to their first experience with me as a direct witness. The only bad things people ever said was it was too quick i couldnt focus everything became a fast ball of moving light etc.
I introduced one person to DMT and after he took it he got up and stumbling around, ended up punching a hole in my wall and then punching me square in the jaw.
Thank god he was too fucked up to put any force into it.
Adverse reactions do happen although it was honestly the only case I've ever heard of aggression on DMT

Yes.

Second time a person close to me smoked DMT I had, this person became combative almost immediately. This person took a breakthrough dose the second time ever trying DMT and could only later describe it as blacking out. But this person was throwing punches, right hook then left, for about two minutes, then eventually started to come back (maybe five minutes total trip), asked who I was, seemed scared, and over the next five minutes slowly came back to baseline to where this person at least knew this person was tripping after about ten minutes.

I had smoked DMT dozens of times before that night, including the same batch this person did several times before that night. I had gone first that night too and it was a beautiful breakthrough like always. But his was very different. I since tried the same DMT, and again it was always peaceful and beautiful to me, I just lay there and enjoy it, only physical action (if any ever happens) is occasionally I can smile or move my head, but that's about the extent of my physical movement for a breakthrough. But this person was fully combative, fully.

Set and setting were about as ideal as can get, this person I know well and still made sure to discuss the mindset prior, and after again.

Just was odd, no one else with the same DMT ever experienced what this person did or acted as this person did.

It doesn't surprise me, there's clearly a strong unconscious will in these people to resist self-annihilation that takes the form of an aggressive physical reaction. They may be so strongly rooted subconsciously in their own perception of reality that a force as strong as DMT propels them into a fight or flight response.

I had a friend that almost immediately after inhaling jumped up and ran.. you can imagine with the loss of basic motor skills that it was more of an awkward stumble and fall, but one of clear desperation to flee perceived annihilation.

I have seen that on other substances but you guys are right I was not trying to be absolute about it as obviously if we were to assume everyone in the world did dmt a percentage of them would have a bad reaction as there is nothing that is 100% across all peoples.

But having said that i have quite literally given over a dozen people their first break through be it at a festival or a house and none of my first timers had a physical reaction that is just what i have witnessed personally. Obviously nothing is 100% safe and in my travels of witnessing ego death there are 2 types of people; those who, like myself, sit there catatonic while they experience it and those who get aggressive. I have experienced those two types on long acting psyches but still most fall into catatonic rather then aggressive even in ego death but again that is this one mans personal experience.

Snorting DMT instead of smoking it makes for a gentler come-up, and it's not quite so in-your-face and rapid-speed and it's easier to integrate the experience. You'll need to snort about twice as much as what you would smoke, and make sure you convert it into a salt first by adding a few drops of vinegar to your dose until it all dissolves. You don't want to snort freebase directly because that will burn your nasal cavities, badly (trust me on this.....and for that matter, don't try sticking freebase up your butt either 8o 8( )

You don't want to snort freebase directly because that will burn your nasal cavities, badly (trust me on this.....and for that matter, don't try sticking freebase up your butt either 8o 8( )

Preach on brother! I once snorted freebase and was left with two vicious red alkaline burns under each nostril. Fortunately when I tried it rectally I soaked it in vinegar. Not something I could recomend tho - it came on almost instantly and shot me to the peak and back down again within about 15 minutes. I prefer it orally.

Ismene, you and me have been telling our stories about where not to stick freebase DMT on PD for years now. It's like we're a coupla old fogies sitting on the porch in our rocking chairs, with our Aztec-patterned psychedelic shawls, just kibitzing with each other while sipping on our little cups of mushroom tea and watchin' the younguns fly by on the road (and occasionally crash) in their fancy-schmancy new-fangled RC vehicles with silly alphabet soup names.....

(For what it's worth, the few times I've done DPT I actually preferred it rectally over snorting it, though the comeup was a bit rough the trip itself was a lot more coherent. Snorting DPT felt like randomly switching between mental radio stations and picking up all kinds of static and out-of-context bits of conversations and videos, with not a whole lot of making any sense. Fortunately I got it in salt form already from the vendor so I didn't have to worry about burning any of my sensitive parts! =D )

(And one of these days I really must get around to trying oral DMT......)

^ Fumurate is a type of salt. I assume you mean freebase or salt? You're going to have to ask whoever sold it to you, or just assume that it's in the opposite form from what you want and try to convert it anyway (for example, if you have freebase you salt it by adding drops of vinegar until it dissolves. But if it's already a salt, it should still dissolve in the vinegar, you'd just have an excess of acetic acid in your solution which might sting a little but isn't going to cause serious burns.) I think the same methods should work for converting from salt back to freebase using a solution of baking powder, though I haven't tried this myself. I would only use weak acids or bases that are safe to ingest, don't try this with muriatic/hydrochloric acid for example, you don't any of that in your lungs or nasal passages (and definitely not in your rectum, if you enjoy sitting comfortably in a chair and other such activities 8) )

Ismene, how much DMT did you use rectally (compared to vaporized doses)? you also said that it came on instantaneously, but was it a smoother comeup compared to smoking it?