• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Discovered a potentially new way of intensify trips.

NeoLid

Bluelighter
So I made a post in r/LSD last night when I discovered this, but I was tripping hard and it was difficult to get my thoughts across.

So at the end of my trip on 5 tabs last night about 7h in when the trip was dying down I decided to listen to some music. I have the sony xm4 headphones which have active noise canceling and ambient sound mode.

So I somehow had the ambient sound on to the max, so I go turn on the sound canceling mode. All of a sudden the ANC is turned on I feel this deep rush of euphoria start from my ears and surge down my body. The euphoria rush was extremely strong almost as if I just did a shot of coke. Within the next 5 seconds, my trip was back at the peak intensity, it felt like I just did some nitrous or something. A few minutes later I tried it again to make sure, and this time I ended up tripping muuuch harder than even on the peak, and had to take a Xanax to calm down. After it started to come down again about 45min laster so I tried it for the 3rd time and boom same thing again I'm tripping balls.

I want someone else to try this to make sure it's a real effect and not something that just happened to me last night on this one specific trip.
If this effect is real it could honestly be a great way to redose psychedelics.

If this turns out to be a real effect I hereby declare it the EnduringInsanityRedoseMethod

If I could just put on some
anc cans and trip

There you'd have something!

I remember trying to put on ear protectors when tripping many years ago. Definately felt like it made tripping more intense. Me and my friend renamed the ear protectors to the trip enhancers. 😊

I sometimes have to turn my ANC headphones (Apple AirPods Max) OFF during the early stages of a trip because it just gets too intense being exposed only to the music and no other aural information.

But later in the trip I sometimes put it back on to settle me down and centre me again if my mind is too scattered. I also have a bunch of go to songs I might hit several hours into a trip if I want it to change gears. For example if I’m starting to feel melancholy or sad there is a special song that resets my brain to thinking I am a superhero. Or if I’m all edgy there is another one that will settle me down to go all chill for the next little while.

My hearing also get super sensitive when tripping so sometimes I walk around with the ANC activated but not playing any music to block that one sense. That can get very freaky.

I'm not sure if I understood this correctly @NeoLid, so you went from ANC off to on, and then boom ..this thing happend? If so, and I hate to disappoing, I'm pretty sure that was just your unique trip (and not a way to 'redose' psychedelics). Goes to show how important the (state) of the mind is with these things. If this were a general phenomenon, birds would tweet it from rooftops. 🐧

So, the interesting question remains, is it unique to you? But I have the feeling that there is no way you are not going to attempt to reproduce this effect, am I right? ;) So if you do, keep us in the loop..

Personally I haven't had this sort of experience, but I would not reject it though. :sneaky: I have the Sony MDR-1RNC and now consider noise canceling headphone as a standard item for tripping (besides sunglasses, some water, clothes and some footwear..). But like @Perforated wrote, going from ambient sound to NC can have a significant sometimes eerie effect. I think there are some deeply engrained things in us, like clouds are white or grey-ish, faces look like that, nature during the day in summer produces specific sounds etc. Going from that into this completely silent space in an instant can be ..a lot of things.

I think it's a great option to have, like I'm very sensitive to people under influence (often not in a positive way), but also for annoying shit like compressed air hammers starting, or lawn mowers. But it can also cut me off after a while, leaving me feeling seperated, ..and returning to the sounds of nature (when I'm in a pleasant location), connecting, being embedded can feel like pure bliss then.

Generally, I find having this on for hours gets exhausting for the brain somehow (even without psychedelics), cause it feels like 'full coverage', do you know what I mean? But even simple open headphones do that (for me). Apparently cause natural sounds (anywhere) always have a distinct source outside of you, so the acoustic waves arrive at different times at each ear, and our brains are wired for that. (It also helps locating the origin of sounds.) Maybe you have heard of something called 'crossfeed', some amplifier manufactur build this into their gear which is supposed to mimic that and therefore reduce artificial-ness of music and fatique of listening with headphones..

I've experienced various similar things by modulating my body/physical sensations while tripping.

Don't think I've ever had ANC headphones, but I've had similar intensity and euphoric sensations while listening to music with big gaming headphones. Sometimes it gets almost too intense and I have to take them off and "recouperate" for a few minutes. Headphones and music can sometimes give me intense waves of physical euphoria shooting down my spine, almost MDMA or meth like.

I noticed while high on DMT that by tensing up my body, for example clenching my jaw or flexing my arms (intentionally), has this magical ability to manipulate the visuals. Kinda hard to explain, but I found it very interesting. I could turn the lights up or down, change the colors, change the fractal patterns, like I was pushing a button.

Tripping while floating in water is pretty crazy too

I think any sort of sensory alteration or deprivation while tripping can compound with the psychedelic

I've experienced various similar things by modulating my body/physical sensations while tripping.

Don't think I've ever had ANC headphones, but I've had similar intensity and euphoric sensations while listening to music with big gaming headphones. Sometimes it gets almost too intense and I have to take them off and "recouperate" for a few minutes. Headphones and music can sometimes give me intense waves of physical euphoria shooting down my spine, almost MDMA or meth like.

I noticed while high on DMT that by tensing up my body, for example clenching my jaw or flexing my arms (intentionally), has this magical ability to manipulate the visuals. Kinda hard to explain, but I found it very interesting. I could turn the lights up or down, change the colors, change the fractal patterns, like I was pushing a button.

Tripping while floating in water is pretty crazy too

I think any sort of sensory alteration or deprivation while tripping can compound with the psychedelic

That music high is what I live for.. That feeling but with state of the art sound systems with at most a couple hundred people in front of them. I’ve nearly cried having to leave festivals not cuz of anything else but knowing it’ll be potentially months/year before I get to experience that again. Music and love are two drugs that can’t be beat, most actual drugs I take are in an effort to potentiate those two experiences.

God thinking about it now I’m drooling. I can think back to certain sets and shows and still get tingles. That connection between the artist, the crowd, the system, it all becomes one for this beautiful moment of absolute bliss where nothing matters except that. Sorry got a little dreamy there for a moment.

On a related note, anyone feel like hats alter their experience at all? Strange but I can’t trip or roll with a hat on. It instantly kills it and soon as I take the hat off it returns. I’m not big into these things but for lack of a better descriptor it feels like my crown chakra is being cut off, soon as the hat is off it’s like my mind/head has all the room in the universe again. Very weird, and sucks cuz wearing a hat is sometimes cool lol.

-GC

On a related note, anyone feel like hats alter their experience at all? Strange but I can’t trip or roll with a hat on. It instantly kills it and soon as I take the hat off it returns. I’m not big into these things but for lack of a better descriptor it feels like my crown chakra is being cut off, soon as the hat is off it’s like my mind/head has all the room in the universe again. Very weird, and sucks cuz wearing a hat is sometimes cool lol.

Hmm.... can't say I've ever tripped with a hat on, but I know what you're talking about. I hate wearing socks while I trip, but I'm not sure why. It feels... distracting or something, unbalanced. Throws off my energy resonance.

but you remind me of this youtuber Psyched Substance, because I guess he always wears these silly eskimo hats and shit when he trips, every time, so I guess he loves hats lol

his videos are kinda meh, not bad, but geared towards less experienced people, lots of anecdotal stories, basic harm reduction, etc

That music high is what I live for..
Agreed.

Last edited:
This works when tripping solo. When spending too long in silence I start to get intrusive thoughts that aren't beneficial or go into a distorted rabbit hole. The sensory deprivation or noise cancelling will increase the effects of the trip but reduce psychotic effects. With others music works the same way.

If I don't want to lie down and ego death I'll move or do light exercise and it helps keep a hold of reality or takes it somewhere more positive. If the dose is too strong it's better to have the setting already prepared and just lie down. There are certain psychedelics I would not take unless I had some form of sensory deprivation.

curious what those might be?

Pretty much any time I take a dissociative or psychedelic I will have music playing throughout. DPT was the main one that came to mind for psychedelics even at lower doses. Unless I had somewhere to comfortably lie down and headphones with an album or playlist ready I would save the trip for another time. I rate it highly but the comeup and vibrations are intense. LSD also.

With something like 2c-b I'll play music but find dancing or moving helps move the trip in a positive direction and you can go completely somewhere else while standing up. Then there are times on mushrooms I can just lie down and listen to the audio pitch/drone noise without music. If I start to feel a negative headspace I will always turn on music or change what's playing.

oh yes

i do the bose headphones on most lsd trips and i trip at least once a month - sometimes music sometimes tv sometimes both

that's been my favorite dj lately - check out the Tea Time and Infinite Echoes mixes while on L

vuSwOoD.gif