Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DiPT (48mg oral) - First time - World Seems shifty

Fanda

Greenlighter
DiPT trip

This was my first time trying any sort of psychedelic; well, that in of itself is a lie. I had done what I estimated to be under 1g of psilocybin shrooms more than a year ago, where the mushroom was brewed into a tea which may have affected the potency. Even though I did feel the effects that time, those shrooms weren't extremely powerful. So I had thought that my experience with shrooms wouldn't be similar to trying tryptamines for the first time, or that my experience with shrooms “doesn’t count”. I was wrong, not that the shrooms felt similar in effects, but rather just the general faint nausea and slight headache, or perhaps just the general feeling of the high I felt throughout felt similar to the shrooms.
I’m fairly experienced with cannabis, so forgive me if I compare parts of the trip to being high on weed, since that’s really all I had for a comparison baseline.

T-1:00 - It was around 12:30AM. I cleaned my room and put my PC setup next to my bed so I could use it while I lied down. The entirety of the onset and peak was spent lying in my bed, since it was my first time, I wanted to reduce any chance of a bad trip. My last prior meal was 8 hours ago. I had some salmon and some olivye salad.

T-0:12 - Went to the washroom for a #2.

T+0:00 - DiPT dose taken. I measured out 48mg of fumarate onto my scale (which has a +/-5mg margin of error) and put it in my mouth, under my tongue. I kept the powder there for 10-15 seconds and then swallowed it with water. The taste is pretty horrendous – I wanted to keep it in my mouth for longer but I decided I couldn’t be bothered.

T+0:07 - DPT dose taken. The DPT was in the form of a HCl salt, and I measured out 25mg. Same administrative method as the DiPT. The DPT was less terrible in taste but still pretty bad. I only did 25mg because I figured the DPT would add visual hallucinations to the experience, and that I read online that the HCl form was more potent than fumarate. I think 25mg is too low of a dose, even if it's combined with something else.

T+0:10 - My tongue felt numb, but this was (I assume) because of the DPT HCl. In terms of how I felt, at this point it just felt similar to being high on cannabis.

T+0:19 - Felt more high.

T+0:29 - I checked for any audio hallucinations by putting on my earphones. None.

T+0:46 - At this point I was past what I considered to be the most high I’ve ever been on weed before. Also at this point, things started becoming distinctly trippy; by that, I mean the nausea and headache was getting more noticeable. I described it as “they come and go but it's not so bad.”

T+0:60 - I felt very overwhelmed at this point, I thought it was quite intense but enjoyable. However the feeling I had was slightly unpleasant overall, I was confined to my bed and I did not want to get up for any reason. The nausea and headache peaked at this point. It didn’t feel so bad that I was at any risk of throwing up, or that I really wanted my head to stop hurting, it was just a bit overwhelming for me at that point. I had refrained from listening to music since the last audio check. Because I was lying in bed in silence, at this point in time I had started hearing noticeable tinnitus (ringing in the ears). It was not unpleasant, just present. Perhaps I could describe it as having a clouded mind, as opposed to a clear one.

T+1:02 - I put on a track - “HappySummerTekLovers'' by 4nzu. The beginning of the song has a very sharp and distinctive instrument – and it was pitched down! I was ecstatic – it was actually working! Albeit, not by that much, but the song was certainly pitched down. I became so excited that I completely disregarded any unpleasantness, and the nausea and headache disappeared. Or maybe I was just ignoring it.

T+1:08 - I started listening to a vocaloid album - “Anticyclone” by Inabakumori. The only visuals I could really determine was the sort of “breathing” you get with shrooms. My curtains were moving slightly or expanding or shrinking in size by a miniscule amount, and I wasn’t sure if they were moving or I was hallucinating. It turns out they really weren’t moving, but the breathing visuals was really all I experienced the whole trip for visuals. I noted that I started not caring about adding articles to my text notes. By articles I mean “a” “an” “the”, etc..

T+1:13 - I noted that, unlike cannabis, this sort of experience doesn’t inhibit your critical thinking, or at least that’s how I felt. I kept making detailed notes and fully retained the ability to navigate my computer and such.

T+1:14 - Audio has become quite severely pitched down. Listening to track 4 of the album.

T+1:16 - Audio has begun becoming foreign, random or alien rather than predictable. My bodily functions were described as “kinda vague”. I could feel my arms, legs, the butt of my SKS contacting my back, but not at the same time. My body felt vague to me. I took a selfie using my digital camera with the flash, and my pupils were very noticeably dilated. Actually, the expression I made is pretty hilarious in hindsight – try googling “shroomjak” and that’s literally what it is. It’s like I was staring at the lens vaguely, and I was smiling without moving my mouth muscles.

T+1:21 - Skipped a few songs to track 8. It almost sounded alien to me. The audio hallucinations were no longer simply pitched down. The song sounded randomly pitched, it sounded “weird and awesome”. The vocals to the song are not sung by a real human, rather it’s a computer program that takes voice recordings from a human and synthesizes them to a soundbank; actually that’s probably not how it works, but I’m sure you have heard of Hatsune Miku. The voice pof the album I was listening to is quite recently made so it sounds very real at times. Essentially, what I’m getting at is that the voice sounded very odd, and I think the music was a good choice for the trip.

T+1:25 - Took off my earphones for a sec and made an observation. The world seemed very shifty. It was sinister, shady, and sly. I felt as though the world was untrustworthy yet still my friend. It felt like I was succumbing to the drug, I was basking in it’s darkness and enjoying it, and the world was kind, even if it was a bastard. It’s kind of like having a southern slav friend, you can never really trust him, yet you still like him.
Additionally, I grabbed my SKS and started operating the bolt. I realized I was perfectly capable of safe handling of firearms and I very clearly and distinctly checked the chamber and extractor and magazine feeding path, visually and by hand, before operating other controls of the rifle such as the magazine release, safety and trigger. For reference, all live ammunition was kept in a locked container in a separate room and at no point did I have the desire, for any reason, to load any of my firearms with live ammunition. Strangely enough, the sounds of my SKS were not pitched down or altered in any meaningful way.

T+1:28 - Now I listened to track 13, my favorite song on the album. It was simply an extraordinary experience, even if the pitch of the song was distorted in different ways, it was still entirely pleasurable to listen to. In fact, at this point I remarked that it didn’t even feel like I was listening to the music. Rather, the music was actually playing inside my head. I wanted to hug the synthesized singer. She was shifty yet familiar at the same time. I also realized my own voice sounded strange and deep.

T+1:38 - I decided to combat a preconceived notion that I had. I always thought that listening to music that was “hard to listen to”, essentially music that was not pleasant for someone inexperienced in the genre to listen to, like metal, dubstep, speedcore, and so on, I thought this type of music could somehow make you have a bad trip. So I put on a hardstyle track, “She Wanna Paint Red” by moro. For reference, hardstyle is a genre where the defining feature is very heavy bass at a slow BPM and a very slow, sharp and harsh melody. Listening to the track, I was not at all mentally distraught in any way. I specifically noted “this is just music, how is it supposed to be scary”. Perhaps at a higher dose, or an entirely different tryptamine, can certain music affect your emotion, but at this point I was perfectly fine. Also at this point, I thought that I was beyond the peak.

T+2:05 - At this point I was beyond the peak. The music was no longer randomly pitched or alien, rather it was predictably low pitched, as it had been during the onset. It was still a pretty good vibe to listen to Alexander Rosenbaum with my Type 81 in my lap, though.

T+2:30 - Coming down pretty steadily from the trip. At this point I could describe what I was feeling, in terms of intensity, I could say that I was less high than I could be if I was the highest I had ever been on cannabis before. This is probably not a very helpful observation, but it was my first time using a synthetic tryptamine before. For the first time since the latter stages of the onset, I sat up from my bed and stood up.

T+3:15 - I went downstairs to smoke some weed. I was still feeling the effects, the video I was watching had the man’s voice pitched down.

I hadn’t kept a time stamp of the next occurrence, but something strange happened. After I did 10-15 one-hitters of cannabis, I was certainly feeling the cannabis high more than the DiPT high. About 20-30 minutes after I finished smoking, I felt something tryptamine-ish come back. Suddenly the world felt shifty again, I had that faint nausea come back, and the slight headache. And it hit me like an edible would, suddenly and abruptly. Not quite sure what it was, I looked at my cat and she looked sinister. I went back to my room and nothing else really notable happened. The audio distortions were present, but they were increasingly faint.

T+8:00 - The audio distortions became faint enough that you would have to be looking for the pitch down explicitly to notice it. Sometimes though, it was apparent, like in very familiar sounds such as my own voice.

In conclusion, I think my trip went exactly as planned, and it was entirely enjoyable. I was disappointed with the lack of visuals however. I want to experiment with other combinations, since I quite enjoy the audio distortion that DiPT has, but I want to experience visual hallucinations at the same time. Thank you for taking the time to read my relatively uneventful trip.