• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Diphenhydramine, Zopiclone & Synthetic 'noids.

theukscientist

Greenlighter
In my youth I enjoyed experimenting with drugs to see how hilariously screwed up I could get, unfortunately this habit once wandered over into my schoolday at the age of 16. In a rather pissed-off mood one morning, I consumed 15mg of Zopiclone that was prescribed to me for sleeping difficulties, 250mg of diphenhydramine in the form of 'Nytol' sleeping tablets and around 0.3g of a blend containing 15%b/w of a synthetic cannabinoid with the catchy name 5f-AKB-48. I'd taken zopiclone and diphenhydramine on many mornings to kick my day off before, normally followed by a valium to further chill me out at lunch time, combined with a mass of cheap cigarettes to stop me from going insane at a school who's science department denied me access to any practical chemistry course for the fear that I would 'get high off the solvents or something', as a budding chemist, this pissed me off in a big way! After my morning pill regimen I went to smoke this synthetic blend with a friend, I'd done it before but not with diphenhydramine and zopiclone in my system, (both of which can cause hallucinations). I started to feel quite 'stoned' around 5 minutes after administering the blend, with the normal dilated pupils, sluggish responses etc., but when I was walking back through town to my school, everything got incredibly weird. Intense hallucinations sharing the qualities of deliriants and 'noids started appearing, flying dots of colours and geometric patterns on plain surfaces, when I stared at objects they became bigger, expanding from my point of focus and if I concentrated on an object for too long, I could only see that object with the rest of my field of vision turning into a rushing pattern of colours going past my head and into the distance, with audio-hallucinations to accompany it. After feeling a fast heartbeat, I managed to walk around 600yds back to school, to see the school nurse, and admitted what I'd done fearing my safety after ingesting a large array of heavy doses of various substances. Although for this incident I was kicked out of school and had to start elsewhere a year later, this combination of drugs was more intense than 60mg of 2-CB, a blotter of 25-I-NBOME or even 200 micrograms of legitimate LSD-25. So I advise caution when mixing drugs, start with small doses, wait an hour and always make sure you're in the correct set and setting. It's easy to just want to 'get fucked up' when you're young, but if you're going to get high, stick to a trusted source of well-documented drugs, don't mix them and remember that especially with hallucinogens/deleriants/psychedelics that "set and setting" is the most important factor in determining the outcome of an experience.

Forgive me - I am new here, and I don't know if old posts that haven't been addressed yet are allowed to be bumped.

Based on his post, is it the suspicion of the OP that the cannabis derivatives ultimately caused an otherwise tried and true drug combination to take an unwanted (hallucinogenic) turn?

Wouldn't these cannabis derivatives ultimately work in the same way THC does...only at different levels of strength, and other differences, but not be any different medically than just adding THC to any given drug combination?

In case anyone wants more information on 5F-AKB-48 that the OP used and reported on above (5F-APINACA), here is the Wikipedia page on it: