View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Diphenhydramine...Sorbitol ? HELP please

ProAMphete

Greenlighter
Hi, I want to try the Diphenhydramine AKA Benadryl, but the one I got has SORBITOL in it and i've heard this can be a laxative in high doses, so i'm wondering if someone knows if there is enough of it in Benadryl to make me shit in my pants while on diphenhydramine ? Cuz I don't really want to.

Thank you.

PS: Sorry if it is in the wrong forum section, I wasn't sure i'm new here :)

Look at the active ingredients of the drug. If it says anything at all other than Diphenhydramine you shouldn't mess with it.

Yes, that I know, the only active ingredient is Diphenhydramine, but in the non-medicinal ingredients, there is Sorbitol. It is a laxative in high dose, but is there enough of it in Benadryl, that's what I want to know since I gotta take more than the normal dosage you know ? So if someone has already took it or knows it, it would be appreciated if you could spare some infos !!

my question is why you would even want to mess with a deliriant?

To try something new, push your limits, go farther, I just like to experience new things and I am amaze by what our brain can accomplish. Anyway if you have any infos on it, go ahead, if not, then I don't care lol

Well apart from going to the toilet all the time and spending most of your trip trying to piss spiders, you will also be sitting down on the toilet shitting spiders. So you could not eat and do it, waning further delirium from no food and hopefully only fart lots OR you could shit. Also note taking a shit and constantly trying to shit will elevate your blood pressure dramatically causing more delirium and possible health risks? if you have any physiological problems. But yes you will be hitting the toilet more frequently but I doubt you will actually shit yourself. You might shit yourself cos you aren't aware you have a toilet and shit all over the house.
Use a trip sitter. TRUST ME 1st hand experience.

Ok, fuck this is annoying lol. Well, i've read a lot about DPH, but do you stay aware that you are in a trip at least or you could just thinking you're actually ok, and thinking there is really seeing spiders for example ? Like do you make the difference between the reality and hallucinations..?

And do you know what is the approximative dose for hallucinations ? I've read it is around 300-600mg, is that ok ?

The maximum non-laxative dose was estimated by research to be about 150 mg/kg body weight for males, so.. how much do you weigh and how much sorbitol is in that preparation? It'd be good of you to share that info so that we can help.

What you just mentioned is a strong dose of diphenhydramine, here is a chart:
http://www.erowid.org/pharms/diphenhydramine/diphenhydramine_dose.shtml

Take it easy, you don't want to get into trouble because you are talking to people that aren't there while running around to avoid imaginary spiders, taking off your clothes, etc.

That's the tricky part, the amount of the NON-MEDICINAL ingredients are not determinated in the list, that's why I need someone who actually tried this or knows this kind of infos :p

Still, how are they gonna know which formula you mean if you are not giving a brand name or anything? You are not talking about liquid Children's Benadryl or something are you?

I can tell you right now I expect that to get "high" on the stuff you would need to take an amount far larger than needed for sleep or allergies, and the sorbitol will very likely be enough to get harsh stomach and bowel aches let alone diarrhea.

Like people said: get a diphenhydramine only formula - when taking medications in overdose on purpose make sure there are no other things in there whether they are CCC or APAP or sweeteners. Maybe not all of additives will kill you but if you ever ate a whole pack of chewing gum you know that is best avoided especially if you are seeing creatures that make you wanna crap your pants anyway. ;)

It's Benadryl Nighttime Extra-Strength 50mg DPH/pill. Well and I'm open if there is another brand without sorbitol or something too..

And the one I got IS a diphenhydramine only formula, but THERE is for sure other NON-ACTIVE infredients in ALL of the OTC products.. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Benadryl is a pretty poor hallucinogen. Usually it makes people just feel uncomfortable and act erratically, or it does nothing but knock you out.

Other non-active ingredients are not a concern. I would stay away from eating more than about a dozen or so sorbitol-sweetened caps, though. It'd be comparable to eating a whole pack of sugar free gum.

Just go find a generic allergy medication with no sweeteners and only diphenhydramine (and shit like talc, cellulose, starch etc).

If you have something to add to your post, we have an 'edit' button for that.

50 mg per pill, that is different than other examples I found. I highly doubt that taking like 5 pills / doses will make you lose control over your sphincter.

It's mentioned here, but nothing conclusive that can help you: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/139090-Vicks-44-cough-syrup-(w00t!)/page3

Eat a lot of fibers to be sure, the day before. But indeed I wouldn't worry, like I said as well: similar to chewing gum issues, but it is more like stomach / GI ache than incontinence.

And yes, this stuff is a very poor choice of a drug.

Ok, fuck this is annoying lol. Well, i've read a lot about DPH, but do you stay aware that you are in a trip at least or you could just thinking you're actually ok, and thinking there is really seeing spiders for example ? Like do you make the difference between the reality and hallucinations..?

You don't know the difference, that's what a deliriant does to you. That's why people are telling you it's a very poor choice of drug to take.

Ok, thank you all BTW !

Well i have another one ( generic brand ), but there are way more other NON-ACTIVE ingredients than the Benadryl, that's why I really want with the Benadryl, but I sure don't want to shit every 10 minutes :l

And yes it may be a poor choice, but I like to try new things and see how I react to it..

What other non-active ingredients? Most of them are just binders and fillers, not all of them matter like the sorbitol might, and even worrying about the laxative effect is kind of a stretch, again: it would help if you actually listed the non-active ingredients instead of mentioning they exist :' )

What other non-active ingredients? Most of them are just binders and fillers, not all of them matter like the sorbitol might, and even worrying about the laxative effect is kind of a stretch, again: it would help if you actually listed the non-active ingredients instead of mentioning they exist :' )

Lol sorry I had made a post with the complete list but i clicked on the "Post Reply" instead of the "Post quick reply" and it deleted it all -__-

Well here you go:

-Carnauba wax
-Crospovidone
-D&C Red No.27 Aluminium Lake
-Dicalcium phosphate
-Hypromellose
-Magnesium Stearate
-Microcrystalline cellulose
-Polyethylene glycol
-Polysorbate 80
-Starch
-Steatic acid
-Titanium dioxide

Do you know if any of these could harm my body or mental ? I mean unpleasant effects or something, cuz i will likely do it only once to try, I won't do it repedeatly !
Thank you.

All solvents, binders, fillers and texture/coloring agents... if they would do anything to you mentally it would be a real dick move to call them 'inactive ingredients' wouldn't it?

Anyway, worry less about the inert pill materials and more about the deliriant drug you are planning on taking. What plan do you have to limit the chances of ending up in an asylum, hospital or jail cell on account of the behavior you will potentially exhibit in the vicinity of unsuspecting denizens?

Why would I end up in an asylum ?? I am planning on doing it at home, only me and a sober trip sitter. This cannot make me retarded for the rest of my life ? lol