• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Dipenhydramine - ZERO effect

markanders7

Bluelighter
I've taken it before for sleep, and tried the same last night. I was surprised after 200mg (4 x 50mg tabs) that I actually felt more alert.
I ended up taking 500mg total (over a couple hours).
Keep in mind I have zero tolerance to this "drug". 500mg did not make me sleepy. I has ZERO hallucinations or psychadelic experiences. It came from a pharmacy so was def. the real stuff.

My question is: Why?

Iirc you abuse other antihistamines, so you very likely have a tolerance.
It's a non selective SRI and iirc you take other SSRIs, this can result in serotonin syndrome and it can cause q/t prolongation and you might be at risk of that. Plus high doses will result in delirium and can kill you. Plus as you already take antihistamines this could cause anticholinergic syndrome. Plus you take tramadol and high doses of diphenhydramine can cause seizures, so this can kill you as well

I normally do pretty thorough research before taking Anything. Sometimes that includes asking more experienced people.
I want to take enough to get say moderate-strong effects, but not enough do damage.

Soundslike I took too much? What sort of range am I looking for? I'm 125lb if body weight counts.

I just can't take in information like that link. Over the years of drug and alcohol abuse my brain is fried. I used to be very smart and now I'm slow as hell. You can't tell here because I edit and edit and reedit these posts a lot. My word-recall is appauling. I have almost imcapable of keeping any train of thought or speach.

I've read enormous amounts of info on these drugs but within minutes - seconds - it's gone.

You felt more alert due to its antagonistic effect on presynaptic muscarinic acetylcholine autoreceptors, which actually pumped out more acetylcholine into your synapses at the higher dosages, in addition to the nonspecific dopaminergic effects diph is supposed to have.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18363822
Did you used to have a different account that was nearly the same name?

Don't you take cyclizine. Combining 300 mg of cyclizine with 500 mg of benadyrl could of made your heart fail.

"felt more alert due to its antagonistic effect on presynaptic muscarinic acetylcholine autoreceptors, which actually pumped out more acetylcholine into your synapses at the higher dosages"

Do you have a link to where you read this? It be greatly appreciated. I new 1-3 mg IV in rats could cause dopamine signaling in the nac but Ive never read anything that it could increase acetylcholine signaling at certain doses.

I has ZERO hallucinations or psychadelic experiences.

By the sounds of things you woudn't want any hallucinations from diphenhydramine. From what I've read it sounds dark, deranged and, well, fucking evil. Although I find the reports of others intriguing, I really wouldn't fancy putting the toxic thoughts that stuff can create inside my mind.

I once took some to sleep after a ketamine session and had some very fucked up realistic nightmares. They weren't at all like usual dreams, or even nightmares; I was essentially cycling through other realities which didn't make any kind of conceptual sense (to an observer from this reality), but appeared very real, and the whole night was essentially a struggle to escape which I eventually did and woke up.

I've used it for sleep quite a few times and nothing like this happened, but when it did it gave me an insight into the type of things this chemical stands for.

IIRC it can give quite a hangover too. Waking up can be hard because you feel so dehydrated and heavy, locked to the pillow.

Plus it's been linked to dementia, which I consider a sick twist on an already twisted chemical.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...l-linked-increased-dementia-risk-201501287667

Ime 500 mg is the very low end of what it takes to induce delirium.

N personally dph doesn't make me sleepy at all tho I admittedly am an insomniac.

I mean for sleep the recommended dose is 50 to 100mg.. If It doesn't work at that dosage then adding more probably won't work.

Sometimes people here in the spirit of HR can be a tad dramatic. Idk your drug profile but talk of serotonin syndrome an heart failure seems pretty dramatic to me at 500 mg.

Its probably not the best idea.. When I took 1000mg in the past I would get brain zaps for says afterwards and I swear that shit killed some brain cells and made me stupid for a good while like how you described is going on with you. So yea Probably cut it out. Not worth it any way you slice it. Serotonin syndrome and heart failure, as unlikely as they are, are nothing to even risk.

Sometimes people here in the spirit of HR can be a tad dramatic. Idk your drug profile but talk of serotonin syndrome an heart failure seems pretty dramatic to me at 500 mg

Check out his last few threads, the OP takes a lot of different drugs a day

Here's what the OP takes each day
Sertraline 150mg/day, started 7 years ago - once a day, in the morning
Quetiapine 800mg/day, changed to 1200mg/day 3 weeks ago - 400mg in the morning, 800 at night
Trazodone 250mg/day, changed to 400mg/day a month ago
Keppra 1000mg/day, started 8 months ago - 500mg twice aday
Tramadol 400mg/day, 100mg four times a day been on it years
Metaclopromide 60mg, 20mg three times a day
Cyclizine 300mg, 100mg, three times a day
Celebrex 200mg, 100mg, twice a day
Docusate 400mg - 200mg twice a day

Cyclizine is a anticholinergics antihistamine id be so sick from 300 mg plus 500 mg dph my guess is an enormous tolerance from cyclizine