• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dimenhydranite (Dramamine)

Yeah maybe they stopped making them all together. The good box was coriciden HBr, for people with high blood pressure. It was 30mg pure DXM with none of the other crap you didn't want. They also tasted sweet like candy if I remember 😒
Yea I remember it was such a problem with kids stealing/abusing them they had to reformulate it and after that it wasn’t very popular, in retrospect I kinda wish I would have tried it when it was just DXM

i remember in middle school coricidin was the big thing everyone was doing, even then I didn’t try it, but I had access to shrooms n weed so I didn’t need to overdose cough medicine

I did Coricidin in high school, I did it a total of 10 times. I had only done weed and alcohol at that point. This girl we worked with who we all thought was really hot and cool told us "if you want to trip, take Coricidin, shrooms are evil, I took them and it felt like everything was popping out at me and it was the worst experience of my life". I (and she) didn't even know what was in it, we just knew it as "Coricidin", otherwise I would have tried pure DXM in Robitussin. Coricidin is the absolute worst way to take DXM... in order to get a solid dose of DXM you have to also take a dangerous dose of chlorpheniramine, a deliriant which also functions as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor in high doses. DXM and serotonin reuptake inhibitors or releasers are very dangerous to take together, as it can lead to serotonin syndrome. I really liked it actually, but the 10th time I took it I had an awful experience, I took 50% more than I usually did and it was really dysphoric and felt toxic and terrible, and I felt brain damaged for months after that, I was forgetting everything and didn't feel right at all.

Then in college I graduated to better drugs. That said, DXM is a pretty good drug for some people. But literally any other options is better than Coricidin. "Triple Cs..." I knew a kid who died taking 3 packages of it.

Yeah maybe they stopped making them all together. The good box was coriciden HBr, for people with high blood pressure. It was 30mg pure DXM with none of the other crap you didn't want. They also tasted sweet like candy if I remember 😒

I'm pretty sure those are the ones that have chlorpheniramine, aren't they?

I dunno I never did the coricidin, I just know there was a huge problem with them around 2001ish then they reformulated it because of all the theft and abuse and it wasn’t the same after, it was like a big thing at the time…but that might explain why robotripping became popular after the whole coricidin ordeal if they were still selling straight DXM

Last edited:
Wish I'd known at the time what DXM was and knew which kind was safer... that was before I started researching drugs, I didn't know a thing about weed, either, I thought "dank" meant it was nasty, gross weed (I thought of the normal meaning for the word, which evokes musty and damp). I thought that the color of hair on the weed dictated the nature of its effects, and I thought good weed was brick weed that wasn't brown. Actually, my Coricidin bad experience was part of the reason I took to the Internet to start researching... it led me to Erowid and eventually Bluelight, so for that, I am thankful.

But yeah, among my school, "everyone knew" that the best Coricidin was the HBP (I think it's HBP, not HBr=hydrobromide, the DXM salt in there). It was well-known as the strongest (it was, but also way more dangerous in above therapeutic doses).

Oh yeah my first DXM experiences were too at a time when I know shit about drugs, was even before I drank alc or smoked, the gateway drug if you want so. Got it recommended by a mate but at least it was a dxm only product. Trip was dirty, got red pestles all over my face but fell immediately in love with it. Finally an antidepressant which worked! Wish I had never done it because the Disso addiction that followed should destroy my life.

Weird indeed that I got no effects from 500mg DPH, guess I was just lucky..