• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides different after LSD?

i don't remember why I was never the same. Maybe it could have just been maturity since I did it at like 16 or it was a life changing experience. Afterwards i've done DMT .. which didnt really change me anymore. Popping your cherry to an ego annihilation is certainly a fucking cocaine mountain ride. :D

I would say that me as a person in basic hasn't changed at all after LSD, I became more who I should be. I still hold the same idea of life, the same philosophy, have roughly the same people I like to be around, want the same future and education, only I'm a more stable, happier person after the many LSD trips. Its like I understand myself even better then before and know better how to use that.

I wouldn't say it changed me but it brought me closer to both myself and some good friends, which I'm thankful for. If you enjoy you who are I wouldn't be affraid of the 'change', it'll be as close to yourself as you're hoping for :)

it does change things, I find that i have thoughts like this while coming down off acid, and you do think about them over and over again, but i find it very helpful if you are thinking about something to remind yourself that you are on acid. my last trip, i thought i was going insane, and was going to stay in the trip forever, but i just reminded myself that it was just the drug, and it would be over soon. it works for me. anyway, i was very worried about starying in a trip, so i wrote myself a note that said i cant trip for a certain amount of time, and i know as much as i would want to, i cant. ive told my friends not to let me, but i dont think i could do it to myslef, cause i know i would feel really guilty and have a freakout.
anyway yet another ramble about acid, perhaps that is a change...

From what I've seen/heard, almost everyone who has ever done a psychedelic with atleast some good intention other than to get 'fucked up' has been changed, whether it was for exploration or for a good psychedelic experience. For me personally, I'd say acid has changed my view on daily life the most, while mushrooms (my first psy) showed me alot more within myself and the world maybe.

yes, definately, in an inexplicabble way, i feel LSD has changed me from the first time i took it...

I have no regret of ever getting into psychedelics, and i have friends with the same beliefs...

Out of all the trips i have ever experienced my first was the most powerful. 3 hits of some potent blotter split between me and a good friend, it was also his first psychedelic experience.

I can say that that trip did change me. I had been dealing with depression for a while but at the point of the trip i was in the best mindset i had been in a couple of years thanks to weed. The weed for the most part made life not so boring and monotonous. At the point of the trip i did not hate life, i was just content with it.

We waited for my friends parents to go to sleep and then we each dropped. I had done a lot of reading into the substance and thought i knew what to expect but i was wrong. What i was feeling was like nothing i could have imagined and more than i could have ever dreamed. The euphoria i was feeling was like nothing i had ever experienced, it went beyond all sanity and reason. Words just could not describe what i was feeling, ecstasy is an insufficient adjective. The collective joy of the universe is a better analogy.... An atom bomb of happy exploding between every neuron....

I came to a few conclusions that have stuck with me since that trip, i realized all that i have to be happy for. For the longest time i only saw the bad things in my life, LSD showed me the good things that i should be happy about. I have friends, family, a decent place to live, there is so much beauty in the world if you look at it the right way...

When the trip was over i stepped outside of my friends house to a wonderful spring day, the sun was up, the sky was blue, birds were singing and my first thought was "life is wonderful". Most will say that the afterglow feeling that many experience after a trip fades with time, but nearly 2 years later i still have the same perspectives on my life that i gained that night. I am much happier than i used to be.

LSD can produce incredibly powerful experiences that can change you. It is something that deserves respect, its not a substance to get fucked up on. Although most people who take the drug with good intentions tend to not regret the experience at all..

^^^ I like you're explanation of the euphoria LSD radiates from your soul.

I can't even call it euphoria, it makes it sound too artificial. It feels so real, so meaningful! Not at all pushy like MDMA, or "durrr" like opiates. It's like the feeling you have when you are having a really damn good day, amplified by some immeasurable quantity.

I never lost that feeling, not to say I'm glowing with positivity still, but it's not a lost moment. I don't even remember that day as a drug experience, I remember it the way one might remember their first feeling of love.

Yes, good analogy nearjat. My first trip was with mushrooms, and it was like waking up from a dream, except that dream was my life, and I woke up into a more real and eternal place. The experience filled me with so much joy and wonder that it never went away completely. My life changed right then because I experienced what we really are, and saw ordinary life as a temporary but beautiful gift.

^^^ I like you're explanation of the euphoria LSD radiates from your soul.

I can't even call it euphoria, it makes it sound too artificial. It feels so real, so meaningful! Not at all pushy like MDMA, or "durrr" like opiates. It's like the feeling you have when you are having a really damn good day, amplified by some immeasurable quantity.

I never lost that feeling, not to say I'm glowing with positivity still, but it's not a lost moment. I don't even remember that day as a drug experience, I remember it the way one might remember their first feeling of love.

I forgot to mention, that first trip left such an impact on me that if i look back and reminisce about it, im not surprised to find tears welling up.... I can find nothing in my life so wonderfully beautiful that can produce a similar result.

I get what your saying, the feeling is pure and meaningful. Opiates are just a happy doped up feeling, LSD is a "life is wonderful for everything in it" sort of happy.

It showed me how much were really capable of feeling, there is so much more to life than all of the negativity i focused on up until that point.

LSD can help one to realize the power her own mind exerts on subjective reality. For some that is either a mindblowing discovery or a blissful confirmation; for others it means nothing.

if they've had a bad outcome from the trip experiance..that might be y they would wanna overcome it...?

you realize that no matter how shitty a time you had, you probably unearthed a number of groundbreaking truths. its best to use this new information to change your life for the better rather than supressing your newfound realizations

Off topic, but i don't get why so many bluelighters are so hung up on LSD as the staple of psychedelic experiences. Shrooms are a lot more spiritually intense at higher levels, im talking the 5-9 gram doses. As Terrence Mckenna once said in different words, LSD is like watching pong while Shrooms are like playing a video game in the 10th dimension.

I think that particular Terrence McKenna quote is selling LSD very short; LSD and mushrooms are both first class psychedelics in their own right. It all comes down to personal preference -- personally I don't think there's a single compound in the world that can match the pure brilliance of LSD, but surely there are people who say the same thing about mushrooms.

after my first trip, I realized pyschostimulants and opioids are where its at. and how lame the psychedelic experience is, and that being huddled under the blanket shivering is the total opposite of awesome and win.

no, but I have no real desire to do it. I've done enough of the various psychedelics to see they aint for me.

except for now and then for the lulz.

after my first trip, I realized pyschostimulants and opioids are where its at. and how lame the psychedelic experience is, and that being huddled under the blanket shivering is the total opposite of awesome and win.

huddled up shivering under a blanket is nothing ive ever really experienced... mushrooms made me a little bit cold and a blanket was nice but i was far from miserable...

The psychedelic experience has more depth than pretty much any other kind of drug.... Its always different depending on mindset and setting and the variety of psych you have taken.... many of them have similar effects but most have distinguishable characteristics....

Feeling more joy than anything you could ever imagine, so much that your in tears and can not stop laughing because it feels so fucking good to be happy from a substance that isn't even mildly addicting? that's not amazing at all... :)

^Indeed, the euphoria I've had from psychedelics like DPT, DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, ayahuasca and others beats smoking fentanyl, snorting coke/mdpv, snorting desoxypipradrol, snorting coke + morphine and bombing 300+ mg MDMA (not all at the same time ;)) hands down. It also beats being high as fuck on very fine whiskey and cocaine.

Psychedelics, they've got more to offer than I could ever try to imagine <3

^

I've gotten some mind blowing, absolute pure bliss off them to, but it's very hit or miss...I just dont like the unpredictablty of them I think.

I do drugs to make me feel good, and I thus like ones that do it 100% of the time.

but yeah, I've had some awesome on cid shrooms too.

and I've said in other threads, what psychedelics actaully changed about me was being able understand the feelings of panic, anxiety, helplessness, ect...which is goo thing, because I can relate to people who are feeling that.