• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Difference between NBOMe's and LSD?

Personally I compare the visual distortions with the mindfuck/headspace change.

With NBOMe, at a dose that will have complex 3D patterns forming on top of everything and then flying into the air, tracers so hard i can't tell if i'm looking at the floor or still at the wall and everything is glowing and blending into itself, i can still make a sandwich for example. With shrooms, at a dose with much less visual distortions i can't stop laughing and can't concentrate, it's very disorienting.

LSD is somewhere in between for me. Very clear headed at low doses but gets really weird when the visuals get immersive.

Not to be nitpicky, but wouldn´t it be more correct to say then, that 25I-NBOMe is more clearheaded than LSD at the same level of visual intensity? :)

Anyway. I get what you mean, and I do agree. But then I´d say most phenethylamine´s are more visual than LSD too, if defined like that, and tryptamines like 4-ho-MET aswell. All of them can be quite visual in small doses.

Yes, it´s the same one.

Yes, it would be correct lol, i just dont bother, i simply assume everyone is talking about the visual/mindfuck ratio when they say 'more visual'.

And about the phenethylamine thing, well, interesting, i had not heard anyone mentioning that before, but i wouldnt know about that personally: apart from one failed mescaline experiment and MDMA if that counts, NBOMe's are the only psychedelic phenethylamines i've tried.

A small necro, but havent had the time to reply..

Are you talking about the 25B-NBOMe fatality report I linked? I don´t think they knew how much was on the blotters, just that he had taken them before and been okay. Actually been awhile since I read it. Even if it was a question of badly laid blotters he was still killed by a buccal dose that couldn´t have been that many times higher than the recreational dose he had been fine with earlier.

Anyway, if you take NBOMe´s you´re either trusting someone else to be infallible, or your trusting yourself to be infallible. (in regards to dosing, if that wasn´t clear :) )

Truth is, no one is infallible. Everyone can make a miscalculation or a bad call on a bad day. With NBOMe´s the difference between an active dose and a lethal dose is simply too Little. Fuck up and you´ll most likely die.

But with something like LSD you really, really have to fuck up badly, like mistaking your LSD powder for cocaine for instance.......And you might still even survive.

Yeah, the NBOMe series has a small therapeutic range, but as long as you're not laying blotters and hoping for gravity to be your friend, you're still able to use them relatively safely through volumetric dosing. The only bad experiences with them I directly know of was where when others took it, and I had no control over their dose, and all of the people that had the bad experience confessed they did more than I said they should. However, they still feel foul on the body and there's quite some vasoconstriction sometimes, so caution is advised, and in light of safer alternatives, yeah why bother?

However, I do think they have their place. As others have said, they are very visual, even at low doses and The Most Beautiful Thing I have Ever Seen (™Upworthy) was during one of those trips. Before the controversy, nay, outrage, over these chemicals I did it with some first timers and given that the dose equaled maybe 100ug of 'cid it remained lucid, yet it was visual to the point of 250ug. (!) I can't imagine a psychedelic that is closer to the thing people have in their heads what a psychedelic is, while still offering a taste of what a psychedelic really is.

I get your point though, and this is the advice I heed now as well. Who can forget that dude who messed up his metric system, misplacing the the comma to the power of 3. Such errors can happen to anyone, and it's price is too heavy to pay. With the inexperienced, I tend towards either just a classic, 4-HO-MET or AL-LAD. For myself, I look for more in my experiences nowadays, so I don't really do them anymore. However, you're hardly playing with your life if you double check your measurements, give yourself some range for error when dosing (lower concentration), start as low as possible and never take them beyond 1mg though I'd stay even lower than that. It's there and reasons can be found to take it, so we better make sure that people stay safe.

Last edited:
Yeah, the NBOMe series has a small therapeutic range, but as long as you're not laying blotters and hoping for gravity to be your friend, you're still able to use them relatively safely through volumetric dosing. The only bad experiences with them I directly know of was where when others took it, and I had no control over their dose, and all of the people that had the bad experience confessed they did more than I said they should. However, they still feel foul on the body and there's quite some vasoconstriction sometimes, so caution is advised, and in light of safer alternatives, yeah why bother?

However, I do think they have their place. As others have said, they are very visual, even at low doses and The Most Beautiful Thing I have Ever Seen (™Upworthy) was during one of those trips. Before the controversy, nay, outrage, over these chemicals I did it with some first timers and given that the dose equaled maybe 100ug of 'cid it remained lucid, yet it was visual to the point of 250ug. (!) I can't imagine a psychedelic that is closer to the thing people have in their heads what a psychedelic is, while still offering a taste of what a psychedelic really is.

I get your point though, and this is the advice I heed now as well. Who can forget that dude who messed up his metric system, misplacing the the comma to the power of 3. Such errors can happen to anyone, and it's price is too heavy to pay. With the inexperienced, I tend towards either just a classic, 4-HO-MET or AL-LAD. For myself, I look for more in my experiences nowadays, so I don't really do them anymore. However, you're hardly playing with your life if you double check your measurements, give yourself some range for error when dosing (lower concentration), start as low as possible and never take them beyond 1mg though I'd stay even lower than that. It's there and reasons can be found to take it, so we better make sure that people stay safe.

I tend to agree with most you said :) Especially that it is important to help people to take them safely, if they can't be dissuaded from it altogether. There's kind of a tendency here, that when people ask about NBOMe's they get several one-lined answers like: "Idiot!!! get the fuck out, why you wanna die?", which isn't really helpful.

As I've said, I actually liked 25I-NBOMe that one time I tried it. And that was before people started dying - if they hadn't I'd probably still be taking it from time to time. They are cheap and have a reputation of being like acid. So I do understand why some one would want to take them. And I totally get that they are more clearheaded at the same level of visually intensity compared to other psychdelics, and that some people swear they´ve had their best psychedelic experiences with NBOMe´s. I just personally believe that any psychdelic actually has the power to, at the right dose, time and place, to be that super awesome unbeatable experience.

Isn't it also a hallmark of phenethylamines in general to be described as being "more visual and more clearheaded than LSD"? That was how 2C-I was described to me the first time I heard about it anyway. Another more negative word for that is shallow, which is also how NBOMe's are described often, which is very much in line with my own one experience with 25I. Sometimes shallow is good, more recreational. I can understand why people would find that desireable. But it´s imo wrong to think they are more visual than other psychdelics.

I actually don't think liquid dosing is the safest way to ingest NBOMe´s. The best method, which is also what I did when I took it, is to use a micropipette, and dose each piece of blotter paper seperately. Micropippetes can be bought cheaply on ebay, and you would need one that goes down to 20 microliters, which can easily be absorbed on a 1x1 cm square of very think cardboard-like blotting paper. (real blotting paper, not the collectors stuff with fancy psychedelic print on it)

I can see so many ways that liquid dosing could mess up. If you take NBOMe's, you have to be completely sure that you would never fall to the temptation of wanting to dose it at festivals, or at occations were you are drunk, fucked up on benzo's or dissociated on MXE. Or maybe tripping on something else, and the only booster you have is some liquid 25I.

Are you sure you can handle that liquid and that oral syringe responsibly, everytime, no matter what state you are in? I know I don't trust myself to do it, which is why I decided to flush my NBOMe's and not have them in my house.

Ask yourself: "Am I infallible? Do I trust myself 100% - 100% of the time? And, have I ever made a bad decision?"

If the answers isn't: Yes, yes, no. Then you shouldn't mess with NBOMe's, imo.

Also, some people to seem to be allergic, or just react badly to it. If you take NBOMe´s, chances are you are sharing it with freinds, and you are seriously taking a huge risk on other peoples behalf, when you do it. (When I say you, I don´t mean you of cause, kidklmx, I mean people in general, just to be clear :) )

Then there's the tolerance, which is definitely much more severe than with other 5HT2a-agonist psychedelics, which I in itself find kind of sketchy, but also makes it so extremely important to only dose it once, and leave at least several weeks between dosing, and also dosing other psychdelics. Because it must make it difficult to gauge the difference between a good satisfying non-lethal dose, and what is a fatal one, because it's dependent on you tolerance.

Of cause, this is all basic for taking NBOMe's "safer"

Last edited:
LSD is practically non-toxic. You can take 100+ doses of LSD and not die, NBOMe can kill you off of as little as 3 blotters. NBOMe tastes metallic/bitter, LSD has hardly any taste at all. LSD shines under a black light, NBOMe does not. LSD trips will connect you with god/universe and having you experiencing infinity, NBOMe will give you a nasty body high and super intense visuals with similar fractal patterns as lsd. The only similarity NBOMe has with LSD is the fractal patterns and that it's sold on blotter IME.

Never tried LSD but did LSA/LSH and LOTS of indole and at last, once 25B-nBOME. My first actual psychedelic is a nBOME i was 15 and your description is exactly how I would have formulated the difference between indole Halluinogens and Phenethylamine Hallucinogens. I like indoles cuz they are safe n fun n feel natural even when not.

As for what i know about the difference between those 2 class of drugs, LSD is usually more potent, dosage matter, (2 or 3 times more potent by wheigh). But the biggest difference is the level of trust you can give to a drug not to harm you in a purely biocchemical matter. Indole based Hallucinogens like LSD, Shrooms,DMT ccan be take in CRAZY dosage without fear of any danger compared to phenthylamines which always seem to have a more deadly effet on dosage level.

As for the visual part of the drugs, even tho my only experiane are with more simple trypts, I can say that nBOMEs kickass in that department.

NBOMe kills you randomly at doses as low as two hits. LSD kills you if you snort fat lines of it (1000s of times the normal dose). NBOMe is death on blotter. LSD is safe. NBOMe isn't.

The whole premise of this thread is wrong actually. It shouldn't be what's "the difference..." but rather "what's similar...". Because asking for the difference between them actually implies that they are similar.

The answer to the question "what's similar between LSD and NBOMe's", is not much actually.

1. They are both psychedelics.
2. They both fit on blotters.

That's were the similarities end.

And to the people that think NBOMe's are more visual than LSD, you clearly haven't taken enough LSD.

LSD kills you if you snort fat lines of it (1000s of times the normal dose).

That case of some one actually doing this, they didn't even die. According to Erowid there's only one report of a pharmacological death from LSD, ever.