• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Diego's Experimental Thread - Add Your Cannabis Related Experiments Here

diegoblunt

Bluelighter
Experiment One - 'Rice Bongs'

Experiment Two - "Hair/Fibre - Does it get you high?"

Aim:

To determine whether smoking 'straight' hair/strands, removed from quality hydroponic marijuana (IMO...B1), will get you high or not. The project was inspired by This Thread

Setup Method:

I started by rubbing about 7 grams through my fingers creating a considerable layer of fibres and 'shake' in the bottom of the bowl. When all excess fibres/shake were removed from the bud, I ripped apart individual nuggets and extracted as many fibres as possible with my fingers and a pair of tweazers. This produced a green/red mix containing about 8 bowls/cones of shake/fibres.

I got a small plate and then attempted to seperate the hair from the green. This part of the experiment took me about 2+ hours and was very difficult/time consuming. IMO, this was the vital part of the experiment. If even one flake of chronic green got mixed in with the plate of fibres, then the whole experiment would be ruined. I took my time, and opted for effectiveness rather than efficiency (sacrificed strand volume to ensure that no green was present). In the end I only ended up with 3 bowls/cones of brown hair, ensuring that any fibres that couldn't be disentangled from the 'green shake' were not included.

IMO I did a sterling job...I couldnt see ANY green. This sounds unlikely, but I truly took hours on the mission and even used a magnifying glass at the end, to see if I'd missed any. I took a poor quality photo on my camera phone (given instructions I could upload it if requested). Once seperated, the fibres reminded me alot of 'rolling tobacco' (packet tobacco like Drum etc.). It felt relatively moist and the hairs became easily 'balled together'. The weight of the hairs was astoundingly light. If one was to recieve an Ounce bag full of fibres, it would probably weigh under 2 grams.

I had decided for obvious reasons not to add tobacco (like I usually do) and didn't bother 'chopping it up' with scissors as it seemed pointless, and I'd probably lose some fibres while attempting to.

Smoking Method:

For this experiment I decided to use my Agung Pyrex Double Chamber fitted with what I call a 'Heath Ledger' bowl/cone piece (brass and has a ledge/rim around the top). In hindsight, this was a bad idea and may have actually ruined the validity of this experiment (the bong is seasoned like a pro and resined to the fuckhouse - although yesterday I'd given her a proper hot water clean and had 'flushed the stem'). The pre-exising resin on the bong could have affected the experiment. I should have used a new, clean bong.

I packed some fibres up to the rim of the bowl/cone and pressed down to compress it. Due to the light weight of the fibres, it was difficult to compress properly and the bowl was reasonably thinly packed throughout. I sparked it up and realised it roasted very quickly. I pulled slowly, savouring the un-harsh feeling of the 'strand-bowl' and sucked her down in one hit (including chamber). I held it in for 3-4 seconds before exhaling what was only a small amount of smoke.

To gain maximum impact I smoked the 2 other 'strand-bowls' within 5 minutes of the 1st. The last bowl was quite small though.

Results:
  1. I was definately not *high*
  2. Maybe as high as if I walked into a room full of smoke and exited within one minute (ie. not high at all).
  3. I felt as if I had undergone an ever so slight change in consciousness.
  4. I belive that this was a combination of being slightly high from the night before
  5. ...The placebo effects from the anticipation of 'strand-bowls' and the use of a bong (which I obviously associate with being high)
  6. ...Also the possibility of the resined equiptment making me feel *something*
  7. I got properly high (with real bud) about 20 minutes after and realised that the *something* I was feeling before was placebo or the most minimal high obtainable to man. Existing somewhere between one drag from a ciggarette and a toke of marihuanilla (or other fake-weed).
  8. If you're one of those people that 'trips out' when they smoke bud; fibres are for you! You could sit around in a session, being social, but not getting high. Sensational!

Notes:
  1. I had just eaten breakfast
  2. I smoke everyday (including heavily the night before)
  3. The 'strand-bowls' were my 1st smoke of the day
  4. I'm 60kg and 5"10' and have a considerable tolerance to weed
  5. 'Strand bowls' and 'rice-bongs' teh r0x0r! =D

Decision Rule: Stick with bud! =D

Feel free to comment or add your own absurd experiment's :)

I'm going to see if one very large cone can get you more stoned then 2 half cones that equal the very large cone all up.

I had wondered about this particular topic and i was of the belief that strandy's would get you flogged...perhaps im turned around on the subject...a truly well executed experiment, although i do have questions of your research validity...there was no information on the toxicity of the bud overall, and the comparison between smoking two similar sized cones of bud.;)

I suppose for validity to occur you would need to standardize a few things and run the expeiment a few times, but fuck gettin all those fibres out! You are one patient man Diego!%) =D %)

Chris420 said:
I'm going to see if one very large cone can get you more stoned then 2 half cones that equal the very large cone all up.

Of course it will.

And it would be more dependant on how long it was between your two bongs, It probably wouldnt make a huge difference if you did it all-in-one-breath, as well call it, ie, smoke a bong, exhale, pack, then inhale your next bong without taking a breath of oxygen inbetween (gets you fucked up)

Massive cones get you really stoned, when I gotta go back to work, I'll just rip two half sized ones as they won't get me very stoned, but it still lasts a while.

I think the theory (for me anyway) goes something like, the bigger the bong, the more stoned you'll get, but the more you smoke the longer it will last....

Thanks Diego

diegoblunt said:
[*]If you're one of those people that 'trips out' when they smoke bud; fibres are for you! You could sit around in a session, being social, but not getting high. Sensational!

=D