Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Did you take being a brony too far at first?

psychedelicsoul

Bluelighter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG4aibtSku4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwJ_JyW7cFU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb7Q3I9TG6M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEAOMJTLajc

I think the farthest I've gone was smoking shit tons of spice, watching MLP (specifically The season 1, 2, 3 and 4 finales, the 2, 3, and four openers, Equestria Girls 1 and 2, and pinkie pride)
Over and over again... it was all I did. I smoked spice and watched them on repeat for damn near a year straight. I was alone so I constantly had conversations with imaginary pony characters that I would pretend would watch it with me. I pretended to have friends. And my only friends were the mane 6.
I wrote 2 college papers on MLP
I told my mom I was a brony... she said it was gay

Did y'all ever taking MLP too far?

Until I opened this thread, I had no idea "bronies" were a thing.

What, uh.... what's the attraction to the show?

Like....

I'm hoping to God it's not a weird sexual thing...

^ Being relatively familiar with this poster, I am almost certain that it is a weird sexual thing...

^ Being relatively familiar with this poster, I am almost certain that it is a weird sexual thing...

Oh. Well then...

tumblr_m0alrwfpQd1r3tiwzo1_400.gif

Until I opened this thread, I had no idea "bronies" were a thing.

What, uh.... what's the attraction to the show?

Like....

I'm hoping to God it's not a weird sexual thing...

Honestly, a lot of us identified as bronies were doing it to fit in. You know, being part of this new craze and showing the world, "We like a show for little girls, and we don't need to feel insecure about our masculinity". People were so desperate to say, "I LOVE MLP!!!!" rather than, "MLP is better than what it could have been". Especially back then... Season 1 of MLP was mediocre as fuck. The show hadn't even got good yet. By the end of Season 2 the fanbase had exploded. People got so obsessed with the show and took it to extremes... you had three types of bronies

People who legit LOVED the show...
They'd analyze MLP, and talk about character and story depth that isn't there pretty much... Keep in mind, your AVERAGE anime character has far more depth than Fluttershy... and that kills me too. Fluttershy is the weakest, most cliche, most redundant character in the show. However, she's "cute" so she's best pony... And fucking Luna... "Oh, she's the princess of the night and she looks so kewl, OMG Luna"... Blandest character in the show. However, all of these ponies have 4 hour analyisis videos. Study Shinji from Evangelion, study Utena as a character, study Helga from Hey Arnold, all are more deserving.

People who wanted to be part of something...
People who had all the merchandise, the toys, the pony badges and shit... but really didn't care for the actual show. Half of them didn't even watch it, they just acted like they did and spent more time on fanart, and fanfiction than the show. Posers basically. Wanting to be part of a very kind and inclusive fan base. But half the time, it's the fanbase they enjoy, not the show.

Autists and quarter life crisis bronies...
These are bronies who had a problem and felt "saved" by MLPs happy and lofty world. I can understand... They feel unsettled, or they don't fit in, and here's an identity and a show that you can cling too. MLP has bright colors, happy environments, and silly characters. Watching it makes you feel like a kid again. Which is what some people feel they desperately need. Rather than learning from the good (You have to admit) lessons the show teaches, they use MLP as an emotional crutch and cling to the show like a security blanket. Honestly, these people just needed something to attach themselves to... could'be been anything... Ninja Turtles, Regular show, Dr. Who, anything... Just happened to be MLP... These are also the deluded people who REFUSE to recognize the show as a kid show... "It's not a show for little girls", Yes, yes it is.

The fanbase has fizzled out now, and since being a brony isn't "cool" that much anymore, the only people left are legit fans of the show. So they're less annoying now than they've ever been.
The show itself is rather varied. On average the show is mildly entertaining, while some episodes qualify as great. It honestly pisses me off that people regard it as the greatest cartoon ever made

So did new episodes come out? Or did people out of the blue start watching this again?

Yeah but im saying, a new show? Or are old episodes coming on somewhere?

A new show? I mean... it's a new season of G4....

Back in the 80s, there was G1, which was mediocre... I mean, it's exactly what you expect
Then G2, which I'm sure sucked too
And G3, which was ass... But I don't know, I mean nobody knows or cares anymore about what came before 2010. But yea, there's no new show, there's MLP:FiM season 5.
Also the fanbase isn't growing like it was. It's actually simpler and more calmed down. You don't really here about brony shit all the time anymore. So it's better actually.
It's not a fad anymore, it's just some people who like the show.

I think the first time I watched MLP at someone's house (fuck knows why)...and they had the newer MLP on. Then this brown looking negro pony comes on and is basically the "black" character. I laughed my ass off and said, "Holy Shit! My Little Pony is racist!"

Geek culture and extending cartoons for adults. :/

his thread in SLR got offtopic into bronyland for a bit, dont u just love discussing all the strange aspects of PS' mind?