• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

did you hear that?

In my experience MDMA does produce the above effects.
However, something to consider is that many of the auditory hallucinations experienced during comedown may be aided (or fully attributed) to the ear still resonating from exposure to loud music, beats etc in conjunction with a lack of sleep. Auditory hallucinations are one of the initial symptons of sleep deprivation. Just something to throw into the mix as it were.
During any good dosage my ears 'go funny' normally a muffling effect similar to a pressure change when diving or flying. Later beats can often be heard emerging from an engine or the hum of the fridge or birdsong.
Lovely, listen to the music of everyday life as revealed by MDMA.

I've never had any audio hallucinations from MDxx... None that I can remember anyway.
^^ That's a good point. Anyone know just how MDMA causes/contributes to audio distortions?
:)
[ 08 January 2003: Message edited by: apollo ]

This is a really stupid thing to do and I dont advise it at all, but I know when injecting the stuff your ears get a 'flange' or 'chorus' type effect on all sounds.
injecting anything is risky and stupid

Offtopic: "injecting anything is risky and stupid" .. but by educating yourself to methods of harm minimisation related to intravenous drug use, using high quality clean drugs, and stringent hygiene practises, the risks can be reduced somewhat.
BigTrancer :)

do you think they might have been trying to make u more messed up just by spiting out jibber jabber making u think ur more fuct then u really are

about 9 months ago the misses and i dropped a couple of brown kisses at home for a romantic evening together.....anyway after a couple of hours into the roll my misses keeps telling me that she can hear someone calling out her name.
i told her i couldn't hear a thing. but she just persisted and persisted. nothing i said would refute her concerns. i can only put it down to auditory hallucinatons....as this had never happened before. btw... pills were majorly strong.
another time i was at a rave and this guy comes up to me outta nowhere and says "mgsje gjks dfuy!". i responded "mgsje gjks dfuy!" then we both just walked off. seconds later a moment of sanity came over me and i thought to myself "what the fuck was all that about"
strong pills :)

I have had experiences on some pills(mainly the white ohm) that wen i close my eyes i can see awesome visuals(i often close my eyes and dance - if you roll your eyes to the back of your head you can peak or bring a weak pill on). Its like a journey of the mind. Also on coming down i get a beat in my head that can last several days. I have only ever had music in the shower when i was HELL high on pot. It was beautiful ;>
haha

Oh forgot to mention, a while back i had ephedrine, 4 tablets in another country. When they came on i had this confounded ringing in my ears and walked around the place wondering where it was coming from, a minute later i realised that it was in my mind. That ephedrine lasted ages (6 hours abouts). It was like having lots of sudafeds but cleaner.
mostly thats what i think... mostly

Jay1234,
Definately not made up!
To clarify i was near front of the floor as it was getting dark with 1 friend and (apparently) 16,000 sratngers :) :) :) and on the comeup it was absolutely everyone talking nonsense! when my friend *said* it, i the dancer next to me *said* it, i made no indication that i was too fucked to understand, -but- i paid attention to every conversation around me and it was like being on another planet!
This may of lasted 5 minutes to half an hour, as from them on my time perception was shot, and 3 or so hours of very surreal memories before the plateau.
F

I had a weird experience with a mate of mine, we had just left a club in sydney. we were sitting outside waiting for our ride when all of a sudden my friend remembered he had left his book in my friends car. he went on to say that i should "tell miss c to not read the book as it is fairly far out" (american psyco) anyway the story goes on and we sit there for a while longer and all of a sudden he's saying "no don't worry about it, don't tell her anything, she's a chick and wouldn't listen anyway" to which i replied what? and asked if he knew what he just said. he didn't know or remember and i sta there totally perplexed.
not exactly the same, but shows how perceptions and understanding is changed under the influence of mdma!

Originally posted by BT
...sounds like someone trying to get my attention urgently but without attracting attention.
i fully know what you're talking about - this happens to me maybe 30 percent of the time *just* as i'm starting to come down - usually when i'm in a quiet room or by myself, i always just thought i was being paranoid!

I also get the typical audio hallucinations while comming down,
But only ever heard people speaking total crap while on acid.
me "what ya upto"
them "salkjdf bi daaij lsi djhue"
heh
left me amused for hours :)

Originally posted by Runner:
I remember the first time I took my first really strong pill in a whole, it hit me really hard and I had to sit down. Then everything slipped away and I could only just here my friends voices. I was in a world of my own...i saw everything that was happening around me and heard it, but somehow nothing made sense, or rather i didn't give a lightest damn about anything - only sitting there with my own thoughts, thinking how awesome I feel. People were shaking me and trying to talk to me, but I only responded about 5 minutes later when it came off a bit. And then I didn't shut up...
You can't be serious. That happened to me too, almost word for word....

my opinion on why you sometimes speak dribble while rolling hard is because your mind is operating on so many different levels that it cant concentrate on sending the proper messages to your voicebox and making your lips/tongue move to form the right sounds.
for instance, when im rolling hard, and have had a toke on a bong, at random times ill start talking about something. ill be talking real fast, and ill start thinking about something else -> then it hits me that im talking and i dont know what im talking about, or why, and at the point where this realisation occurs, my words turn to dribble. then im stumped, with no memory of what i was on about or why.
the typical aural hallucinations that you get are awesome, buses, cars, anything at all - its like a sampler and sometimes it actually takes me a bit to evaluate the sound in my head and realise its only the bus driving.
something to consider is that many of the auditory hallucinations experienced during comedown may be aided (or fully attributed) to the ear still resonating from exposure to loud music, beats etc in conjunction with a lack of sleep. Auditory hallucinations are one of the initial symptons of sleep deprivation. Just something to throw into the mix as it were.
^ very good point! the music i hear usually resembles the songs ive enjoyed the most on the night, which indicates that its probably more to do with the messy state your memories and thoughts are in, rather than your ears actually interpreting sounds as something else. and id probably agree, that when im most tired, these sounds are more pronounced!
[ 15 January 2003: Message edited by: melancholic ]

Found this:
Auditory hallucinations have been found to happen with a wide range of different physiological and emotional states. We have all felt like we've had some kind of auditory hallucination at one time or the other. The occurrence of auditory hallucinations seems to suggest that there are different types of auditory hallucinations. Some are fleeting and happen once in a while, while others, which we are more concerned with at this site are chronic and disrupt the normal experince of life. Population studies show that hallucinations are generally disributed equally among the general population.
Auditory hallucinations have been reported to occur in conjuction with sensory defects. By this we mean ear and auditory defects. When we think of ear defects we automatically think of deafness. Indeed, auditory hallucinations have been shown to increase in patients with progressive deafness.There are 2 types of typical progressive deafness: conductive deafness and nerve deafness. A common trend in auditory disorders seems to be that they occur when there is a reduction in sensory stimulation.
Auditory hallucinations are known to happen when there is food and water deprivation. A high or low brain temperature may also induce auditory hallucinations. Most people have had experiences when they are extremely hungry or thirsty and have thought they heard someone call them or they heard their name. Sleep deprivation can also contribute to having auditory hallucinations. Sometimes holding your breath or hyperventilating can induce auditory hallucinations.
Auditory hallucinations seem to occur in conjuction with all of these conditions and so does not display a unique set of conditions which triggers it. Research has been done to determine how to predict what would trigger an auditary hallucination and a simple answer to the question "when do they occur?" is not currently known.
From Auditory Hallucinations which is an interesting site if you can endure the god-awful font :\
Another very interesting piece of research can be found here which is Psychedelic Survey Results from Psychedelic Drugs and the Awakening of Kundalini by Donald J. DeGracia, Ph.D.
All this seems to suggest that auditory hallucinations are fairly common and are caused by the combination of a range of circumstances. Obviously for a BLer the MDMA is the most active agent of these effects :D
With regard to sleep deprivation I can say that as something of a 'day-time roller' auditory distortion still occurs during a dose but not as much as when rolling thru the night. In my golden, heady days at clubs and parties the ears would take a much heavier bashing which was refelcted in a further increase in Aud H. later.
[ 17 January 2003: Message edited by: tranquilo ]

i had an interesting experience with audio halucinations on the weekend, mixing a tab of acid, with BT's hash cookie recipe, never tripped SO hard in my life nor did i ever think that i would trip so hard, like fear and loathing in las vagas in that hotel scene. ... anyways, major paranoia and reading into things way too deeply (un-intentionally) and i kept hearing things said that werent said, or i would hear something that had been said just a couple of minutes ago and it felt like a kind of de ja vu or something but i was just hearing things...

haha love it!!
ive had this happen to me a few times .... at the time your like wtf whats goin on but then u think back and think fuck that was madness! so next time u feel deja vu with people muttering uigbjyuvghgtf relax, accept it and laugh ya ass off...
also a similar experiecnce like the one u have mentioned, sometimes on e i try n talk and only iygjhvhjg comes out and litrually believe i have lost the ability to speak english ... this happened to me a few months back when all of a sudden in a middle of a convo with mates i started talking jibberish my mates were like wtf and i got all paranoid like and thought i had lost the ability to talk englis ever again ... but yeh that was pretty freeky ... but hehe yeh u gotta laugh when u look back on it eh.

XTC_KittiE, I can see myself now....
Its mfkerjmehk happening again!
Its jksdfgdfdf happening again! :)
[ 18 January 2003: Message edited by: farout ]