• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

did the klonopin fuck me up that bad?

e92

Bluelighter
my tolerance for klonopin used to be pretty high i used to take 2mg a day, for the past 3 or so weeks i've been completely cutting down, taking 0.5mg maybe twice a week, or three times a week at most.

today at 4pm, i popped 2mg and started to feel fucked up after 30-45min. got home at 7pm popped 10mg dexedrine and fell asleep after 45 min, woke up an hour later and since then ive popped and snorted about 100mg of dexedrine total, yet i feel completely relaxed and not speedy at all. because of the klonopin maybe?

i only use dex a couple times a month, and when i do i only need about 15-20mg every few hours to be feeling pretty speedy. i'll usually need a tiny bit of klonopin to take the edge off sometimes.

whats going on with me? im like 100mg deep in dex over the course of only 5 hours

Benzodiazepines can influence amphetamine stereotypical (movement, jitters, pointless movements, repetive behavior ect) by acting at gaba a receptors pretty nonselectively. Gaba is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain while low dose benzos may paradoxically sensitize steotype behavior to amphetamines possibly via gaba interneurons in thr ventral striatium and inhibition of inhibitory pathways to areas associated with reward.

As you increase the dose benzos action at gaba a starts to considerably influence ion channels increasing the amount of electrical stimulus needed to trigger an action potential. One of the major ways in which amphetamine works is by decreasing the amount of electrical signaling needed to release dopamine into the synaptic cleft via sodium ion channel sensitization.

Basically amphetamine increases activity in pleasure centers. Benzos act on the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter which can potentially reduce the pleasure centers amphetamine induced sensitization of excititory signaling in these reward centers.

Been using Clonazepam and Dexedrine regularly for over a year now. First thing's first, don't take a point of dexedrine unless you have ridiculous tolerance (in which case your probably have a problem). Dextroamphetamine really doesn't get better the more you take and your body can burn through a large dose of dexedrine really fast negating the benefits of upping the dose after 2-3 hours ime.

What d1nach said. High doses of clonazepam (and believe me, 2mg is *strong*) will blunt your stims. If you've been taking a dose that big daily before, it is going to surprise you once you take a t-break. Personally I find 2-4 weeks can really increase my sensitivity to benzos and will cause me to get a little fucked up (like someone who doesn't eat benzos all the time!) at what was previously a purely thereapeutic experience (I am scripted 2mg/pd so I generally use the same dose as you).

Just coming off 8 years of 6mg per day (along with 8 mg of buprenorphine). have not slept in days..
Anyone have any advice for that kind of come-off? The bupe is fine but that dose of clonazepam for that long.. haven't been this tempted to drink since i started taking the clon for alcohol withdrawals 8 years ago.. i know.. one for another. it was all prescribed, and then stopped in a day. long story.

I feel like if i just had a nights sleep it'd be alright... hands shaking.. feels very familiar to alcohol withdrawals .. i had some taper time so it's not a complete cold turkey but damn.

Last edited:
It’s likely the Klonopin but it could just be the dexies. I’ve used Dexedrine for about 2 years (over a decade of experience with other amps) and I usually get the normal stimulant high but every now and then I’ll take it (sometimes while on Klonopin other times not) and instead of feeling all energetic and focused I get couch lock, my mind becomes foggy rather than clear + focused and I becom so relaxed that on rare occasions my eyelids get so heavy it’s a constant struggle to keep them open and I start to nod out like I would from a high dose of opiates. It’s completely different than the usual high except it still seems to have all of the euphoria. No idea what causes it, maybe it’s just me. Like I said it’s very rare maybe 1 in 100 doses for me if that often.