• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

diazepam vs clonazepam and other benzo questions

narcomick

Bluelighter
So, I have some experience with benzos and also zopiclone, which is the only drug that worked for my anxiety in general whereas clonazepam only makes me more social for the most part. Zopiclone is no longer working as well after 2 years but that's another story, anyway. I don't want to be told how bad benzo addiction can be as I know this but the severity of my problems outweighs the risks of benzos.

Question 1: which is least addictive? Clonazepam or diazepam? Many say clonazepam but diazepam has a much longer half life and is deemed more effective. Valium has stigma as it was widely prescribed whereas clonazepam is less so. if anyone's used both and can compare them that would be perfect. If anyone knows of a benzo/anxiolytic/hypnotic less addictive than thever afforementioned I'd like to hear that too.

Question 2: what Benzo is most similar in effect to zopiclone? zopiclone has been most effective for my anxiety, perhaps due to its hypnotic effect? I don't know. If anyone could enlighten me on why that would be then great. Maybe it's just me I don't know. From comparing benzos xanax seems most similar to me, but if I took that I wouldn't make it a regular thing due to higher addiction potential. Anyway, thankyou if you have any input! It's all apriciated :)

So, I have some experience with benzos and also zopiclone, which is the only drug that worked for my anxiety in general whereas clonazepam only makes me more social for the most part. Zopiclone is no longer working as well after 2 years but that's another story, anyway. I don't want to be told how bad benzo addiction can be as I know this but the severity of my problems outweighs the risks of benzos.

Question 1: which is least addictive? Clonazepam or diazepam? Many say clonazepam but diazepam has a much longer half life and is deemed more effective. Valium has stigma as it was widely prescribed whereas clonazepam is less so. if anyone's used both and can compare them that would be perfect. If anyone knows of a benzo/anxiolytic/hypnotic less addictive than thever afforementioned I'd like to hear that too.

Question 2: what Benzo is most similar in effect to zopiclone? zopiclone has been most effective for my anxiety, perhaps due to its hypnotic effect? I don't know. If anyone could enlighten me on why that would be then great. Maybe it's just me I don't know. From comparing benzos xanax seems most similar to me, but if I took that I wouldn't make it a regular thing due to higher addiction potential. Anyway, thankyou if you have any input! It's all apriciated :)

I spent many years on diazepam and recently switched to clonazepam. I favored diazepam as it seemed to be less sedating for me, so I could take however much I wanted and go about my day. Eventually it stopped having much effect, and the effects it did have were very short lived, leading to massive doses and running out in a VERY short time.

I find clonazepam to last much longer and therefore I don't feel the urge to take as much. It's slightly more sedating at higher doses. What I liked about diazepam was its rapid onset. As far as which is more addictive, I'm psychologically addicted to benzos in general so I can't really say. Many would say -- and I would tend to agree -- diazepam is slightly more recreational than clonazepam.

Overall, so far, I prefer the clonazepam. Though in the early stages, I LOVED diazepam.

I have been prescribed many benzons including Xanax, Klonopin, and just recently Valium. Let you tell you, Valium is garbage IMO. Klonopin make me hostile/aggressive. The only thing that has worked for me was the Xanax.

Interesting. I'm thinking of xanax or lyrica for use 3 times a week to avoid addiction. xanax seems to be the favourite with benzo users. It is addictive of course, but also I'd imagine highly effective.

Interesting. I'm thinking of xanax or lyrica for use 3 times a week to avoid addiction. xanax seems to be the favourite with benzo users. It is addictive of course, but also I'd imagine highly effective.

3 times a week? I wish. Klonopin got me off the street xannys. Im scripted 4mg a day long as you does it right and not tryna just get barred out it does the trick quite well. Being as it is the longest lasting aside from vallium. Vallium is also a bitch to get off.

56 nights would it not be possible to use xanax 3 times a week with necessary self control?

Hey man, unfortunately, question one is pretty much non-answerable. Drug preference is a highly subjective experience. Some people find different benzodiazepines to be more effective for various purposes than others, but there's really no accurate, scientific way to make conclusions. A general rule is that the drug and accompanying route of administration that cause the levels of said drug to rise in the body the fastest, will typically be more addictive. This is probably why you encounter Alprazolam (Xanax) so often on the street. It's short-acting and potent. In that same vein, you don't often see Chlordiazepoxide (Librium) on the street, probably due to the fact that it's extremely long-lasting and hence, less psychologically reinforcing.

As far as a drug that most closely mimics the effect of a Z-Drug like Zopiclone (Immovane), this is also tricky. Z-Drugs and Benzodiazepines definitely share some qualities, but they're not interchangeable. To get anything that even closely mimics the desired outcome of Z-Drugs, you would probably have to dive into the powerful, hypnotic Benzodiazepines like Temazepam (Restoril) or Triazolam (Halcion) among others, both of which are pretty heavily controlled.

56 nights would it not be possible to use xanax 3 times a week with necessary self control?

Could it be possible? Yes. Do I think you could pull it off? No. I mean honestly xanax is more addictive then heroin to be honest. I had that in my mind i was just gonna use the bars when I needed/a few times a week. That lead to SIX bars a DAY. The more you take the more the tolerance goes up the more you need to take. Sadly I advise doing some research about "finnessing" your way to get a xanax prescription or something that work. If you think you can control it then go for it. But be forewarned man. Any other questions ask me I have heavy experience and all the knowledge you need for xanax or benzos in general.

Hey man, unfortunately, question one is pretty much non-answerable. Drug preference is a highly subjective experience. Some people find different benzodiazepines to be more effective for various purposes than others, but there's really no accurate, scientific way to make conclusions. A general rule is that the drug and accompanying route of administration that cause the levels of said drug to rise in the body the fastest, will typically be more addictive. This is probably why you encounter Alprazolam (Xanax) so often on the street. It's short-acting and potent. In that same vein, you don't often see Chlordiazepoxide (Librium) on the street, probably due to the fact that it's extremely long-lasting and hence, less psychologically reinforcing.

As far as a drug that most closely mimics the effect of a Z-Drug like Zopiclone (Immovane), this is also tricky. Z-Drugs and Benzodiazepines definitely share some qualities, but they're not interchangeable. To get anything that even closely mimics the desired outcome of Z-Drugs, you would probably have to dive into the powerful, hypnotic Benzodiazepines like Temazepam (Restoril) or Triazolam (Halcion) among others, both of which are pretty heavily controlled.

And also question one is definately answerable. Klonopin wins. Vallium is a step up from that. Klonopin is one of the more longer acting ones and vallium is even more longer acting. Xanax is like a rollercoaster. Massive relief but only for a little bit