• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Diazepam 12 day binge

th3j4yxr

Greenlighter
Hello all!
My last question last year you guys helped me immensely and I'm glad to say that I'm finally free of my suboxone!
Anyhow, this week, a friend of mine came into contact with roche 10mg valiums, blister packs, from pakistan. (ive taken diazepam before so I know at least that it WAS indeed diazepam in them)

I went on a 12 day binge and would say in that time probably consumed 6 a day everyday.
He is now MIA and I'm coming up on 40 hours without a dose, is there a way to know if I will be going through withdrawals by now?
Everything I read on diazepam forums is people on it for long periods of time, I should also mention I have a fast metabolism, so I'd say I'd be on the shorter end of the metabolites exiting my body (as it was when I was on suboxone)
but i know that its active metabolites stay in there for a while, and there isn't as much information online about diazepam as there is for other benzos (alprazolam, lorazepam etc.).

Anyone have experience in short term massive diazepam binges? and did you experience withdrawals? I know i will have rebound anxiety things of that nature, but im worried more about the physical hot/cold, sweating, confusion, hallucinations, seizures...etc

Thanks in advance,
jaysm0kes

You've only been on it for less than 2 weeks. And 60 mgs/day is a high dose, but it's not obscenely high like some of the doses I've seen people claim to be using on this website...

Plus diazepam is the benzodiazepine they use most often to wean people off benzodiazepines...so I think you'll be fine.

Thanks for the quick response, its the long half life that scares me, like ill be okay then all the sudden ill be withdrawing at work next week lol, cant have that you know? As i understand it builds up in your system so I'm just unsure of when the symptoms would start... :(

You shouldn't withdraw, really. And if you do, you most certainly will not have seizures or hallucinations. Maybe mild discomfort.

Generally speaking 12 days isnt long enough to develop withdrawls from use of benzos. There are other factors involved like previous dependency and amounts used but it doesn't sound like you were benzo dependent before the binge and as has been said above while 60mg is a lot it's still just within the realms of therapeutic dose.....with the flood of RC benzos we've seen in the UK in recent years I know people dependent on the equivalent of several hundred mg of diazepam. With the introduction of the RC ban last month these people have now been cut off from their supply and so unless they hoarded before hand and worked out a taper they will be royally fucked when their supplies run out.

You on the other hand should be fine though mate....

RC benzos? sorry im unfamiliar with the term. Thank you all so much, just was worried, as an opiate addict, i know how quickly addiction can set in. I love the community here you guys are great ! :D

Edit : research chem...got it :D

Yeah they were mainly triazlo-benzos such as clonazolam, diclazolam, flubromazelam etc.

Some were unbelievably potent (flubromazelam was 40 times stronger than diazepam and just absolutely lethal in terms of murdering tollerance). All were dirt cheap and available next day in the post to anyone with a credit/debit card. A recipe for disater really....

The triazolobenzodiazepines are more potent than any other benzodiazepines, as evidenced by triazolam being the most potent and strongest commercially available benzodizepine in the united states.

Gotcha, okay thank you guys so much! :D if anything changes in the next few days, i shall post here. :) you've all been a great help :D can't say enough how much i love this community

As others have said you should be fine. If you'd kept it up for a few months you would be experiencing some issues right now probably, mind you, I've walked away from habits with little to no acute repercussions which is not recommended obviously.

Yeah and also a lot of people can take extremely large doses of opiates for severe pain for months and months at a time and just stop without even needing to taper.

I've no idea how this is possible but my doctor once told me that there is a genetic component and also when one is taking a medication purely for therapeutic reasons and that reasons is no longer present the brain is kind of tricked into believing it doesn't need the drug anymore and often doesn't exhibit signs of withdrawl.

This obviously isnt universal though as some people take things 100% as directed for genuine reasons and yet still suffer tremendously when they stop.

^I reckon all the information we have with the net etc including sites like BL can work against you especially opioid WD - I've known folks that have taken pain meds for years and claimed the only issue they had was the cold/flu they happened to catch when they stopped....they had no idea that they were in WD and I think that ignorance served them well, one of the reasons being that they weren't looking or anticipating WD or it's symptoms.

Being educated can help and hinder recovery imo especially in cases where the user is in no danger like coming off a large dose extended benzo habit.

Oh definately mate. Without a doubt you can "talk yourself into" feeling much, much worse when stopping certain meds.

If you convince yourself it's going to be awful and just lay there expecting the worse then usually that's exactly what happens.

The mind is incredibly powerful when it comes to these things without question....

Going in optomistic, 48 hours in, still no signs of withdrawal besides a little irritable and rebound anxiety, but thats the case for me even on one day of benzos. :)
you guys are the best!

Yeah and also a lot of people can take extremely large doses of opiates for severe pain for months and months at a time and just stop without even needing to taper.

I've no idea how this is possible but my doctor once told me that there is a genetic component and also when one is taking a medication purely for therapeutic reasons and that reasons is no longer present the brain is kind of tricked into believing it doesn't need the drug anymore and often doesn't exhibit signs of withdrawl.

This obviously isnt universal though as some people take things 100% as directed for genuine reasons and yet still suffer tremendously when they stop.

As far as i do understand, that is right - for the psychological part. Opiate intake just for pain relieve, the brain will associate with pain. When the pain is gone, there is no need to take it anymore. With recreational use, brain while connect opiates with a pleasant feeling - and not just relieve of a misery. Therefore the desire may stay.

Topic: According to leaflets, benzos shouldnt be taken not more than for two weeks straight, so i guess there is enough scientific prove to suggest, that dependence will only form after two weeks. But that is only for therapeutic use. Diazepam has a long half live. With high doses, you might exceed this, as there may be still a lot of diazepam in your system.

Last edited:
Going in optomistic, 48 hours in, still no signs of withdrawal besides a little irritable and rebound anxiety, but thats the case for me even on one day of benzos. :)
you guys are the best!

Glad to hear that you're ok, thanks for the update. :)

63 hours in, still doing pretty fine :D, as one poster said there may be alot still in my system though, would withdrawal start when the active metabolites (the long half life ones) are gone? or when the valium itself (6-8 hours) has worn off?

Yes, But a miniscule amount would be in your system after that amount of time. It wouldn't be enough to make any sort of difference.