• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Diacetyl-Oxymorphone

arthunter888

Bluelighter
Someone mentioned this in a post I cannot re-locate. I think they agreed that diacetyloxymorphone is possible to synthesize.

I am wondering if anyone has ever tried this, and/or if it is available/distributed anywhere on the street or pharmaceutically. This would probably be the undisputed holy grail of opiates.

Actually, that compound, although amazing, is NOTHING compared to 14-cinnamoyloxymorphone. It is 117x more powerful than oxymorphone.

I won't go into details into how to synthesize it, but applying the same synthesis with the right chemical/chemical process to other "morphones" or "codones" will always increase the potency of the parent compound by 117. So even for a novice chemist that only gets a 10% yield, that's *still* almost 12x stronger. It just can't get better than that!!!

Have you actually tried the diacetyloxymorphone and/or the 14-cinnamoyl? Could you describe it qualitatively.

Also, an increase in potency does not necessarily mean an increase in euphoria, since the chemical change is likely to change the high a little bit, which could be for better or worse. How do you think either of these would compare qualitatively to original oxymorphone?

Potency has nothing to do with the quality of the high, only the relative dose you'll need. There are fentanyl analogs that are in the tens of thousands of times more potent than this and they still don't carry a high described as "the holy grail" of opiates. It just means an extremely small dose is needed. This because a negative because dosing amounts of material this small is hard to so without proper equipment and therefore becomes more dangerous.

There is no such thing as diacetly-oxymorphone because oxymorphone only has one hydroxyl group.

was wondering if someone would beat me to that...

There is no such thing as diacetly-oxymorphone because oxymorphone only has one hydroxyl group.

lol beat me to it...anyway diacetylmorphine is heroin as you know ,but any oxy- sounding heroin type sounds appeling ...maybe reduction of a hydroxyl group on a precursor and methylation of the morphone yet to be named would produce a methyl- ( insert name here) morphone or morphine...lol ...altho i am sure such a drug exists and i'm loaded and tired so i can't fill in the spaces...back to you mr.clean...lol i bow out to you...nice job...:)

3, 14- diacetyloxymorphone- cas#64643-76-1
and i'ts got a wiki page.

not a chemist so not sure how its possible.... but it seems to exist.... bump so we can go back to discussing wtf it is and if its worth trying out?

3, 14- diacetyloxymorphone- cas#64643-76-1
and i'ts got a wiki page.

not a chemist so not sure how its possible.... but it seems to exist.... bump so we can go back to discussing wtf it is and if its worth trying out?

^ This isn't the same structural change as Morphine -> 3,6-Diacetylmorphine. The acetyl groups on the compound you mentioned are at the 3 and 14 positions, so it's an entirely new compound and not analogous to Oxymorphone in the way Heroin is to Morphine at all. Just has two acetyl groups, one of which is on the complete opposite side of the compound.

Without even understanding how chemical structures work, just looking at the structures should show you the obvious differences.

Here's 3,6-Diacetylmorphine (Heroin)
200px-Heroin_-_Heroine.svg.png

Here's 3,14-Diacetyloxymorphone
180px-3%2C14-Diacetyloxymorphone.svg.png

If you're still lost and wondering where the Acetyl groups even are, check out this picture, it's the same picture of Heroin displayed above, but with the Acetyl groups highlighted in red:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...in.svg/1280px-Acetyl_groups_of_heroin.svg.png

Expecting a 14-Acetyl group to be similar to a 6-Acetyl group would be like moving the Methylenedioxy group from one end of MDMA to the other and expecting it to be similar - the structure is entirely different.

That said it's still 8x the potency of Oxymorphone, but as others have said potency does not mean anything. Buprenorphine is around 40x the potency of Morphine, but I certainly know which one I'd rather have.. ;)

Actually, it's nothing like moving the methylenedioxy of MDMA. The acetyl moiety is used to increase lipid solubility and this BBB permeability. They're quickly removed and not super relevant to effect. It shouldn't make a huge impact.

Potency has nothing to do with the quality of the high, only the relative dose you'll need. There are fentanyl analogs that are in the tens of thousands of times more potent than this and they still don't carry a high described as "the holy grail" of opiates. It just means an extremely small dose is needed. This because a negative because dosing amounts of material this small is hard to so without proper equipment and therefore becomes more dangerous.

Quoted for truth. Like, I think oxycodone feels better than morphine (given exact same amount of receptor agonism). People need to get over these 'god' opioid RC's. There's already 2 safe dose-range ones I know I can get my hands on. Stick to shit that wont kill you.

P.S. When im not nodding ima love reading the science/info in this thread. <3

Well, the wiki page on the 3,14 di--- also mentions a "3,6,14-triacetyloxymorphone" and my personal favorite " 3,6,8,14-tetraacetyloxymorphone"....so because of all the really awesome bubble hash I just smoked, I'm going to believe everything on this wiki page ( dispite it having one source from a United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime bulletin from the early fifties) and in this fantasy land I'm going to ask what the extra 14 (or 8 AND 14) would/could/might do to the 3,6 diacetyl I was dreaming of in the first place- my theory is the 14 causes enough reverse tolerance that by week 2 of a real good run your habit is netting you like 18$ profit a day (is delusional reverse price discussion allowed?) and the and the 8 works like an airbag that only kicks in if your gonna stop breathing and releases just enough of an antagonist to bring you back to buzzed. (again, not a chemist)

edit seriously like a second later:

Although.... a search for the Triacetyl does bring up a bunch of instances in patents that contain way too much synth to post (i think) where they either found or specifically noted that they didnt find "3,6,14-triacetyloxymorphone"

Last edited:
A lack of references.

Sorry to drag up such an old thread but information on the esters of oxycodone and oxymorphone are thin on the ground. US1731152A details how hydrocodone may be esterified to thebacon. It's important to read the original document as the digital version misses some important details. Other than a more protracted reflux, it does not significantly differ from the routes used by Afghan farmers in diamorphine production. The suggestion that 3,6,14-triacetoxymorphone is more difficult to make may suggest that the 14-OH (or -OCOCH3) alters the tautomerism of the C-ring. The patent does not give a yield for the acetyl ester but states that yield of the butyrate ester is quantitative. Several notes mention that the synthesis has to be carried out in a pressure vessel may suggest that the reaction only takes place at a temperature significantly higher than the BP of acetic anhydride.

The overall potency is difficult to gauge. A figure of 800% that of the parent compound doesn't seem excessive so x80 morphine seems a reasonable figure. Of course, the price of the precursors & synthetic complexity make it an unlikely target. The fact that plain fentanyl that can be 'cooked' using 'The Seigfried Route' (as the DEA term it) strongly suggests that only a minimal amount of skill is involved.

I note Example 1 of US Patent 3,493,657 describes the 3,14-diacetylation of oxymorphone. In this case the addition is for protection while BrCN N-demethylates the drug as in intermediate for naloxone. Now, the conditions of this patent and the one above are all but identical so I can only presume that the presence of a 14-OH (or OCOCH3) does prevent the tautomerism that allows the 6 position to be esterified. The question is if a 6-acetyl moiety increases the potency more than a 6 keto. I have noted that while 3,6-DAM (H) is more potent than morphine, 3,6-DADM (dihydro heroin) is actually less potent. Does that alkene make the ester function more stable?

I can't find ANY papers on the 3,6,14 triacetylation of oxyM.

Last edited:
It has two hydroxyl groups one in the 3,position and one in the 14, position
so yes it can exist.
It would be 3,14diacetyloxymorphone
instead of the usual 3,6 diacetyl.