• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids DHC to Buprenorphine, advice needed

WellTram

Bluelighter
Hello,
I am long-term opioid user (codeine, tramadol, tapentadol, morphine oral and pure base smoked, oxycodone ir and er oral and pure powder smoked, hydromorphone oral and pure powder smoked - this one was godlike) but now i use mostly dihydrocodeine extended release in doses ranging from 210-500 mg per day.

I want to change my life a bit so i started weight lifting and box learning (gained 10kg in 3 months,), eating more food and got switched from tianeptine to bupropion (Elontril 150mg = Wellbutrin 150 XR). I am taking one per day for 11 days and i start to feel it's antidepressant effects in a positive way.
I have 8x 30mg buprenorphine patches which release 52,7 (not sure but more than 50) mcg per hour. I have no idea what is equipotent dose of this partial agonist to my DHC, so i do not know how to start. I plan on going down to maximal 180-240 mg DHC, than wait 12 hours and use one of these patches which according to leaflet lasts for 4 days. Then i would like to use another patch, but cut out a little out of them, maybe 25% and so on until i am done.

Is it even possible to cut these patches?
Is my dose equivalency i mentioned right?

I know that DHC is categorised as a weak opioid but for me it IS stronger and longer acting than oxycodone. Another advantage of DHC is, that i feel it while taking bupropion because last time i was on Wellbutrin SR 150mg it totally stopped tramadol (one of my favourites) and codeine from doing its opioid effects. Basically i want to say that for me its not weak so i think there is no problem ending my opioid use with partial agonist buprenorphine. But any opinion about this is wellcomed. I have acces to comfort medications as well (diazepam, alprazolam, cinolazepam, diphenhydramine, weed, nsaids).

I am and i would be thankful for any advice, opinion or reaction, even for constructive critic. Some kind of tapering plan from experienced person would be great.

I couldn't say whether you can cut the patches down, you'll have to search further for information on that. My guess would be that you can even if it might not be entirely accurate, but you'll have to examine the makeup of the particular patches you have to make sure you cut them right.

Dosage equivalency sounds about correct, one patch is about 1.2mg a day and I imagine that should be enough to keep you well. However the switchover from dhc to bupe may be a bit rocky because it is going to take some time for the bupe to build in your system in comparison to a sublingual dose.

I couldn't say whether you can cut the patches down, you'll have to search further for information on that. My guess would be that you can even if it might not be entirely accurate, but you'll have to examine the makeup of the particular patches you have to make sure you cut them right.

Dosage equivalency sounds about correct, one patch is about 1.2mg a day and I imagine that should be enough to keep you well. However the switchover from dhc to bupe may be a bit rocky because it is going to take some time for the bupe to build in your system in comparison to a sublingual dose.
Yes and my dhc is sustained released also. Thanks for response :)

Yesterday at about 14PM i took 180mg dhc prolonged release and buprenorphine 52,5mcg/h.I took then 12 hours after taking dhc and than i took them together because dhc will take care of me while bupe levels in my blood rise. Its almost 6 AM and i feel ok. I took crushed 30mg of dhc at midnight and 30mg crushed at 4AM. I feel like the patch needs a little boost till there will be enough bupe to take care of my opioid receptors on it's self but i count with maximum 1 or 2 add-on 30mg dhc doses.

Last edited:
I went from 65mg of methadone to bupe with 5 days of dhc and diazepam
about a gram of dhc and 140 mg of Diaz. Wasn’t that bad.Used to rattle off heroin worse every 4 weeks