• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dextroamphetamine has a limit to the high?

Ergan

Bluelighter
Hey blue-light :) have a question to ask as I'm quite ill informed in regards to the chemical Dextroamphetamine, i was wondering if the drug reaches a level where you notice no more positive effects. Much like 3FPM when you dose more than the recommended,where you only see negative effects increasing.

Would also be great if someone could give me a guide for dosage vs potency of the high low medium strong etc. as well as any general information about this chemical thats important :)

Hey blue-light :) have a question to ask as I'm quite ill informed in regards to the chemical Dextroamphetamine, i was wondering if the drug reaches a level where you notice no more positive effects. Much like 3FPM when you dose more than the recommended,where you only see negative effects increasing.

Would also be great if someone could give me a guide for dosage vs potency of the high low medium strong etc. as well as any general information about this chemical thats important :)

Yes, this is because it is too physiological, unproportionates other neurotransmitters, like Gaba/serotonin, most importantly Norepinephrine spikes too high past 40 mg

only because ive been studying this for awhile on myself and hearing from others. Mainly myself

10 Mg - with no tolerance a grand ole starting buzz, a bit Hyperactive but euphoric for a beginner

15-20 mg - Makes you content and complacent, ideal therapeutic, your executive functioning is working with a Stillness to it when you first do this dosage and hopefully (don't raise it past this and end up with a shitatcky tolerance since at this dosage it is the ideal ratio of Highest amount of dopamine to least peripheral effect potential. Meaning, its a great redoseable dosage, you can eat 15 MG-20, then when it wears off get yet another calm, content, add med focus for yet another 2-4 hours etc.

You never get tolerant to a 20 MG's ability to be a high if you never eat past it in a single dosage overlapped.

30 MG- This is the Swan dosage, when you first add 30 IR it is the Peak of euphoria dextroamphetamine has to offer. It has opens the eyes of the user to, this drug can get you /really damn high, but the problem is once you swallow the 30 once, 30 IR becomes your new dosage and you never get a high as good as staying on the 20 IR ever again that's Reusable day after day. the 30 IR has a One time use for being a high, then once your new dosage of ADhd med is 30 MG, you will realize its a WORSE version of the eternal high you had at 20 MG, because theres more peripherals and its slightly wonkier for focus.

40 mg- When you first take 40 MG, this is the biggest Rush dextroamphetamine has to offer, but you notice a problem, theres a slight headache and it doesn't seem sustainable. It makes you break out of the Euphoric under dosages, into a Speed feeling, except more norepinephrine...

and yes the ceiling comes after that.

All the dosages 50 + (you will revisit 50, and even try 60 IR once just a couple of times once youv been getting very tolerant for a long time, and youl realize Yes they sort of make it work faintly on par with the old 15-20 mg, except just barely and also stacked with 5-6 x the norepinephrine of the 20)

As far as reaching doses like 50-120 MG of Dexedrine in a single day, be careful, overshooting Dexedrine does not make you paranoid, it makes you feel like you've just been poisoned by cortisol ROFL and youl flicker and wonder if your heads just going to blast off your neck lol.

If you are a benzodiazepine user, and not a benzo user who is that tolerant, you can Dose Dexedrine as you would Meth, such as, 50-60 MG oral doses,100 MG in a day etc

Don't matter if you have a meth tolerance, your not eating like 120 mg of Dexedrine in a day without benzos within it more than once by like accident. anyone online who says they eat like a 30 IR Dexedrine every like 2 hours or something or IVs it is frauding. With benzos it is Very similar to Meth, but then weaker ofcourse. Its stronger than Meth without benzos. Not a stronger high, but way more Limiting by side effects to bring you and your brain to a screeching halt.

Last edited:
Also. it depends on how your brain processes neurotransmitters. Like I have a gene that breaks down adrenaline and serotonin slowly, and dopamine fast, so the peripherals put me into an adrenal crisis nearly everyday when I eat another 10 IR after like 50, I dose it as 20-10-10.. then wait some add either a final 10 or 20 mg.

cheers for the advice man, really well written and easy to understand. I ended up eating 100mg (20 5mg) in about 4-5 hours which rocked my world, got really paranoid thought about dumb stuff that would never happen, and small black movements in my vision around the edge. I do see the similarities with meth in relation to visual effects as well as the overall buzz you get from it, its a very powerful chemical and to be honest the come down was not that bad, gotta love those clean pharmaceuticals.
I haven't done any stimulants in a very long time, probs about 4-6 months so i was surprised at that dose with no tolerance that i had very positive effects, with only a bit of over heating and pretty bad V.C in my legs. Guess a speed tolerance never really goes away truly

Really need to get myself some benzos would be so nice popping a pill after a 7 day bender and passing the fuck out with ease, get what you mean by "your brain to a screeching halt" my short term memory just didn't exist would walk to my door and forget what the fuck i was doing.

Last edited:
Everyone differs in their tolerance to the effects, but there's definitely a point of diminishing returns, and eventually things start to turn worse pretty fast.

Psychonaut wikis pretty handy for basic dosage guidance, you can read their take on it here.

100 mg in 4-5 hours? Yeah thats so much but i guess you have some experience with uppers or something. Id never be able to do that again. As a daily user 120 Mg in a day without a benzo felt like i was approaching the end of the world.

I have eaten 225 MG in a 20 hour period, but thats because there was 4 mg of alprazom taken halfway through, and thats when i felt true similarity to Meth, Geeked out, extreme dosage, yet the Benzo nulled all the excessive norepinephrine when taken With said dosages of amp.

I do not think there is a point where Just because you are tolerant you can take more, but you can with Meth, we have to differentiate here kinda lol

The real thing that seems to happen with dexedrine is increasingly Catatonic or immobilized type states when adjusting the dosage to fit higher ones.

For me atleast, I think its a lack of gaba to norepinepinephrine ratio that starts to consume me when i hit 80 MG in an 8 hour period

Last edited:
Don't matter if you have a meth tolerance, your not eating like 120 mg of Dexedrine in a day without benzos within it more than once by like accident. anyone online who says they eat like a 30 IR Dexedrine every like 2 hours or something or IVs it is frauding.

You are wrong, sir.

I have narcolepsy. Back in the day, benzo's were great with getting rid of side effects from the 60mg dex I was on. Actually dex was never that bad for me but Adderall always requires a benzo to stop the anxiety.

Anyway my point was, I am a highly anxious person with or without drugs, but I regularly take 120mg dexedrine a day to stay awake, and even just a couple hours after taking that (ER) I often take a nap because I need to. It no longer raises my blood pressure/heart rate much, or increase anxiety. I get no euphoria from any stimulants these days but I also get a lot less side effects for some reason. Sometimes I eat 120mg ER all at once (8 x 15mg pills) and that gets me maybe.. 5 hours of some stimulation but i'm still kinda tired the whole time. I do wonder about the generic ER mechanism in those pills though because if i crush them up so that they work like IR, i can "sorta feel" 30mg IR.. 45 I can def feel. Too bad it lasts like 2-3 hours :(

I know an older guy (guessing he's 60) who needs to take 60mg d-meth (Desoxyn) 4 times a day for narcolepsy. Lot of people with sleep disorders max out on normal doses and it just doesn't affect us as much. Friend of mine was just diagnosed after struggling to get by on 40mg Adderall, the doc upped it to 90mg right away "to start" since she's got narcolepsy.

You are wrong, sir.

I have narcolepsy. Back in the day, benzo's were great with getting rid of side effects from the 60mg dex I was on. Actually dex was never that bad for me but Adderall always requires a benzo to stop the anxiety.

Anyway my point was, I am a highly anxious person with or without drugs, but I regularly take 120mg dexedrine a day to stay awake, and even just a couple hours after taking that (ER) I often take a nap because I need to. It no longer raises my blood pressure/heart rate much, or increase anxiety. I get no euphoria from any stimulants these days but I also get a lot less side effects for some reason. Sometimes I eat 120mg ER all at once (8 x 15mg pills) and that gets me maybe.. 5 hours of some stimulation but i'm still kinda tired the whole time. I do wonder about the generic ER mechanism in those pills though because if i crush them up so that they work like IR, i can "sorta feel" 30mg IR.. 45 I can def feel. Too bad it lasts like 2-3 hours :(

I know an older guy (guessing he's 60) who needs to take 60mg d-meth (Desoxyn) 4 times a day for narcolepsy. Lot of people with sleep disorders max out on normal doses and it just doesn't affect us as much. Friend of mine was just diagnosed after struggling to get by on 40mg Adderall, the doc upped it to 90mg right away "to start" since she's got narcolepsy.

I mean I agree with you I feel the same way about narcoleptic situations because i share the same quandry. I havent been diagnosed with narcolepsy but ive always been a light sleeper, and had trouble with wake cycles etc literally only when i was working out a lot in my life had i gotten a sleep that sorta resembles a real sleep. And when i was younger. A lot of indivduals who are narcpoleptic are also undiagnosed due to having the ability to never in their life have an episode of passing out on the spot due to inflammation, comorbid hyperactivity, or anxiety chemicals like stress hormones making them never dose off.

Dexedrine tolerance doesnt really occur so badly for these people, due to you are right, like 30-50 Mg is needed to even make us feel awake, the problem is theres people who need like 40-90 mg a day to stay awake and functional and i personally cant Redose 30 Mg 3 times like i legitimately should because the glutamate gets so high and brain catecholamines etc.

My dose of 40 Mg that works for 2-3 hours even like i lay in bed during it sometimes rips my head to flames if i retake it

Im jelous of your friend because i need likely a fat dose of dex/desoxyn 3x a day my doctor even suggested 120 mg/day for me at some point of dex but i dont know how to tell him...

"Doc! its not that i have side effects from overstimulation/overawakeness i literally just feel fried without a benzo from Neck aches, migraines etc. but i need it to stay awake."

I actually didnt know stimulatns were supposed to be possible to take without intense head clog feelings from excess glutamate. i thought that was like required

BtW i dont have chronic fatigue sydnrome, like i have the ability off meds to lift at the gym and such i just all times of my day without dex ive always thought about sleep and like put my head down for 3 seconds having microsleeps lol

Last edited: