• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dextroamphetamine, ADHD and LSD.

Mracid

Bluelighter
I started treating my ADHD in 2017 because it was making me too unproductive and uncoordinated. Also it happened that when I got my medication I got my hand on some real LSD.
First I tried it before starting the ADHD med and found it to be very awsome.
Then I started to treat my ADHD while doing acid once every week or 2 but I stopped my medication when I took acid and since I have Dexedrine the short acting Dextroamphetamine I am pretty sure that only residual effects were present on my trips.

About 2 month ago I started vaping weed again, when I vaped on acid the experiance changed completely, and I began to experiment real tripping, because I had never tripped I've had hallucinations, euphoria body high but my cognitive function never shut down, but with weed it did and I first tripped for real.
But within that trip I realised that my ADHD was blocking me from being fully conscious when I trip (my short term memory is too short to combine with my long term memory, making me (when I trip) see things do things I do not remember, now as I am talking about short term memory the things I do and don't remember are not complex things, more like I take a hit of weed and don't remember it, or take move my tea and forget it, etc.
I realised I do that sober but its alot less evident that I am missing some parts of what I am percieving and doing. Altho when on LSD its more than evident.

Recently I switched from dexedrine to concerta and I think it is the wrong med and it made me egotistical, narcissistic, egocentric, and gave me delusions of grandiose. And when I tried LSD on concerta I found that it amplified my issues. Now that I stopped it and plan on trying strattera when I get precribed I am using what I had left of Dexedrine to get things done.

And it occured to me, I never took LSD with Dexedrine, because when I took dexedrine I didnt realise my ADHD was blocking my trips from being fully blown.

So I was wondering if any1 with ADHD of the inattentive type had tried LSD with and without medication that is reading this, and if yes how different is it to take LSD when treated and when not treated. As for now my tolerance is too high so I cannot try it, but in about a week I will try it to see, altho I would appreciate informations about it.
When I take Dexedrine I usually never dose over 20mg, but my normal dose is 10mg to 15mg on big days. I am a fan of the smallest dose effective method. So I don't really fear the racing heart.

Thanks for reading and possibly commenting, have a nice day :) !

Think my phone ate my posts when I tried to edit them.

My experience with adhd and methylphenidate/dexamphetamine (Vyvanse) : start out carefully, but end up getting the same conclusion every time: it's better with all usual meds, and it's also better when meds work well within the therapeutic window, not when they are running low.

My experience is that I get very speedy/hyperactive/mind-mushed when not taking meds. It also reduces euphoria. For me it works like that, but everyone are different. I was scared/carefull first, and will be so if I try a new drug in the future. Check out potential dangerous drug-drug interactions, if not it should be pretty safe.

In any case; I don't think it is any safer to induce a dopamine crash before taking psychedelics.

(Mixing with opiates is a VERY different thing.)

Got adhd (and ptsd), so I'm super inattentive and hyperactive as a ferret when meds run low. Also add anxiety and anger and despear. I'm talking about meds I take every day. Im not in any way saying it's a good idea to mix amphetamines and lsd for recreational use of amphetamines. Think that potential can give a speedy or baf trip with anxiety.