• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dexies for studying?

Mady

Greenlighter
Hi guys, I'm new to this, only signed up a few minutes ago so I apologize if I break any rules. I'm just wondering about taking dexies to stay awake.

Just some background info, It's now 6.30am where I am and I've still got a big day a head of me. This is my first time taking drugs for study reasons. So I have an assignment due Monday and have my moms engagement tonight (saturday) and heaps on Sunday so last night was really the only time I had to study so I took 2 dexies at about 2am when I started getting tired and then another one at about 4am for the same reason. As I previously stated it's now 6.30am and I'm again starting to get tired. I have to meet my mother at 8 to start our busy day and with the party tonight I'm worried about falling asleep. My question is should I take some more and if so, how many? If not any other suggestions? (They're 5mg) I still feel pretty awake but it feels like it's wearing off. Thanks guys!

Hey Mady.. and welcome to BL:)

Im going to transfer this over to BDD and to see if we can get this answered for you.

If you take too much, you may find you are too high or too easily distracted to focus properly.

Dexamphetamine is a very popular study drug. Infer from that what you will about whether or not dex is any good for study!

I think your best bet is to take small amounts to keep you going - and focused, without getting so stimulated that every thought, detail or distraction draws your attention away from the task at hand.
If you haven't studied on stims, I'd keep the dose low. I often find I am most attentive several hours after taking d-amp.
So in your case, if you feel like it is wearing off (it's fairly clear when you hit the point where you start coming down, in my experience, at least) it might be best to have a small redose.

If I were you, I would top up with a half (2.5 mg) if you need it. Maybe a whole one if you're really feeling flat, but I find they have a pretty long duration of action. Perhaps it is because I am an insomniac anyway - but I find it hard to sleep even 12 hours after dosing, but we all respond differently. But I think for study, 'less is more' is a good approach.
You can always take more if you feel it is necessary - but I imagine you want to be 'functional' rather than high and spaced out.
I think the more stimulated you are, the harder it is to discern whether you are doing quality work or just rambling.

I think it is unlikely that you will fall asleep unintentionally - personally I'd be more wary of taking too much and getting restless and sketched out. What is your mother's attitude towards drugs?
If you want to appear straight, taking half or one when you start feeling less "pepped up" will be reasonably subtle. If you take, say, two at a time each redose, you are more likely to appear high and might have trouble controlling the urge to talk incessantly.

It took me years of taking dexies (recreationally and as a tool to stay alert - I have never been prescribed them) to work out that taking small amounts incrementally makes for better focus.
When I was younger I'd take a higher intial dose, get high and not redose.
It made me feel in control, but i wasn't particularly productive or able to control my concentration as I was easily distracted.

How long do you intend to stay awake? And im not sure if i missed this, but did you finish your assignment, or are you still working on it?

The longer you've been 'up' on amphetamine, the less fresh you will be - even if you are wired and wide awake.
If it's just a matter of staying awake so you can get through your busy day, you should be fine.
I have found that with dexamphetamine, a productive day after an all-nighter is certainly possible, especially if you can have a small top-up or two.
Just remember to drink plenty of water, and even if you have no appetite, it's a good idea to eat something, even if it is something light but high in protein (nuts for example) - and if you are missing a night's sleep (or more) make sure you give yourself time to have a good long sleep once the obligations are out of the way.
Hope it all goes well - and hey; welcome to bluelight.

Last edited:
^how? It is a shitty knock-off that was made after a patent expired that takes hours to kick in.

^how? It is a shitty knock-off that was made after a patent expired that takes hours to kick in.

Right also it feel like mostly comedown and that feelin lasts and lasts. I suppose it has its uses and it "worked" for me just not as smooth as racemic amphetamine or d-amphetamine

Vyvanse serves its purpose. I don't think any other stimulant can provide such a sustainable aid to work ethic.