• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Developing/developed mild schizophrenia. Only 17 :(

eDDe9

Bluelighter
I'm not really sure how to go into detail about this, but..

Ever since my half gram of 60x salvia in a night I keep getting things stuck into my head a lot more, such as a sentence on the radio or parts of a song. I also keep thinking that I see stuff when I look around in the corner of my eye, its more me thinking I saw my cat walk in just behind me or when I walk around a corner at work I think that someone said my name or something so as I turn I look to my side but no one there.

I've done some research and if this is schizophrenia then it is most definetly positive schizophrenia, I don't feel impared in doing any activities.
Also it could be my mundane job that can help contribute to it (just started working in a supermarket lol)

I have my A-levels soon and I'm feeling confident.. however under a month today, once my exams have finished, me and my friends are going to get start getting back into drugs (I know this sounds childish, but we've all more or less stopped taking anything [ketamine, lsd and mdma] while we prepare for exams)

Would it be wise to actually not do any drugs for quite a while, and wait untill uni or after?
Or am I just beeing paranoid and what I'm getting is common and will pass away reletavly quickly?

I appreciate your help,
eDDe

I can't really answer your question, but I had some weird things happen the other night after I'd gotten high the million and 11th time from the same weed I've had for months. I had the feeling that if I stopped "singing" this song I had in my head, something VERY bad would happen. I don't know if this is just paranoia or what, but it's hilarious now.

I'm interested in hearing what others have to say....

eDDe9 said:
Ever since my half gram of 60x salvia in a night I keep getting things stuck into my head a lot more, such as a sentence on the radio or parts of a song. I also keep thinking that I see stuff when I look around in the corner of my eye, its more me thinking I saw my cat walk in just behind me or when I walk around a corner at work I think that someone said my name or something so as I turn I look to my side but no one there.

I experience stuff like this all the time, do I have scizophrenia? I'm no doctor, but I think you'll be ok. If you're worried, just stay away from drugs for a while.

eDDe9 said:
(I know this sounds childish, but we've all more or less stopped taking anything [ketamine, lsd and mdma] while we prepare for exams)

eDDe

first of all i think it's good you quit doing drugs for exams. when i was your age i always got fucked up before and after exams and it reflected in my grades.

i think you should chill on drugs until you feel 'normal' again. only you will know when or if this happens.
an acquaintance of mine got diagnosed with schizophrenia when he was 17 or so, kept doing drugs (on top of his scripts) and he ended up killing himself.
what you have could be drug induced or the real thing. if you aren't sure and shit gets crazy just go to the doc

I've done some research (frick-it, on almost everything... jack of all trades, master of none here) and this doesn't sound like schizophrenia to me. Getting things stuck in one's head sounds OCD-like, but lots of people experience it.

You may be overly sensitized and a little paranoid from your salvia experience, which could explain the other symptoms. I don't know about drugs in general, but I would avoid psychedelics like the plague (marijuana too) and keep a close eye on the symptoms -- if they start getting worse, that's when I would worry.

I get random phrases stuck in my head and occasionally think I see things out of the corner of my eyes too. Really no big deal, more like OCD as someone else mentioned.

Do you have any history in your family of schizophrenia? If so, i recommend taking a break from things for a couple of months and see how you feel. Let your brain even out - my mums a psychologist, and she told me herself it can take minor events to trigger scizophrenia, and even if it seems as if it's mild it can slowly build.

So yeah, i recommend taking a break, and when you are ready to get back into things try not to do something to crazily psychadelic such as Salvia - try something mellow.

Also, this is probably just a bit of paranoia as a result from the Salvia- no biggy , should dissapear with time as the substance leaves your body.

Good luk!

-Infected

Seems more like you are just more alert. I hear my name and have peripheral blurrs all the time. The peripheral vision enhancement definetely happened after i started using psychedelics.

It does not detract from my well being at all.

Dont stress on it. If you start having paranoid delusions (thinking people are after you and plotting etc) you may want to get some help.

Dont try to identify yourself. . go see someone who's a pro and get them to check you out.

eDDe9 said:
I keep getting things stuck into my head a lot more, such as a sentence on the radio or parts of a song.

I do this very same thing all the time. I'm actually relieved to read that you've experienced it as well. I can't tell you for sure if it will stop if you abstain from drugs (it's only been like 5 weeks since the last time I used, and it still occurs), but I'd say there's a better chance that it will if you do. But hey, maybe we're craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzy...Probably.

I've noticed that it has gone a bit now, has been about 3 weeks since the salvia.

However I sometimes get stuck in thought loops when I try to sleep, but I can fix it by looking at the time on my phone or something.

I can almost guarantee that it will come back a lot stronger when I'm at work on the weekend. Can't find it on wikipedia, but there's a thing about repetative menial jobs and their link to getting the symptoms of schizophrenia.

2oclockbeanfiend.2, what had you been taking when you first noticed it?

I'de describe it as the sketchy-ness you get after LSD occasionally but not as strong, but for a lot longer duration.

^ MDMA and cocaine. I'm going to lean more towards MDMA though. I stopped using cocaine regularly more than a year ago, while continuing to use MDMA (until about 5 weeks ago), and it still occurs.

I think there is something to the repetitive menial jobs connection to schizophrenia though. I'd be interested to know if you find anything.

eDDe9 said:
I've done some research and if this is schizophrenia then it is most definetly positive schizophrenia,

You are not a doctor. If you want a real answer, get a psychiatric work-up. Until then lay off the drugs and stop over analyzing.

I think it will pass, as well. I had peculiar feelings for weeks after doing salvia. Nothing physical, just dissociated I guess.

60X ??!! That right there proves that you're crazy! :) That just seems impractical and hard to dose accurately. With 5X you can smoke approximately a bowl and have a weird time. I don't even want to imagine 60X.

Chances are if you were developing schizophrenia it would be far more pronounced and wouldn't be set off by a drug experience. Read everything you can about it and stay away from the salvia extract for a while. Stay away from pot and psychedelics as well. They will amplify any weirdness going on. If you don't get better, or get worse, then set an appointment with a psychiatrist or neurologist.

I quit pot ages ago because it just made me so dopey and, now I think about it, a tad paranoid.

I also forgot to mention that my grandmother has schizophrenia..

I think it's safe to say, for now anyway, that I'm cool with it. I'm not worried as it feels as if its completely gone, work on the weekend will be the final test.

Also the fact that I still won't be doing any drugs for at leaste a month anyway, if not longer, because of exams and I feel that as I just woke up today.. I'm a changed person.. kinda odd, but I feel like my salvia afterglow has just hit me two-fold hehe.

Thanks for your help,
eDDe

a half gram of 60x is obviously a HUGE amount of salvia. I'd say lay off the drugs and you'll hopefully straighten out.

remember, psychedelics certainly have the potential to permanently alter thought patterns. I feel as if I've been personally lucky in learning from the negative changes and embracing the positive.

keep it real

dbailey11 said:
Chances are if you were developing schizophrenia it would be far more pronounced and wouldn't be set off by a drug experience..

Schizophrenia/psychosis can definitely be triggered by use of certain drugs, particularly amphetamine and marijuana. I have heard of psychodelics doing this too although this seems to be less common. (Maybe because more people do amphetamines/marijuana) If it's a 'one off' psychotic episode it may get better all by itself. But for some people these symptoms can develop into full blown schizophrenia. There is a genetic link, so the fact you've got a grandmother with schizophrenia puts you more at risk of develping this illness than average. So you may be at a higher risk than average of developing mental illness if you use drugs. Something to have good think about, anyway. And if your symptoms don't get totally better I would definitely see a doctor. Hope you're feeling better!