• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detoxing from valium and suboxone/H at the same tine

Relapz

Bluelighter
Well guys I really need some advice. I did a 5 day taper of subutex and Ativan to get off 40 mg of valium daily and 1-2 grams of dope IV a day or 4 mg of suboxone. My relapse was about 5 months long. I now am on day 3 no subutex and day 2 no ativan and I am really really sick.

I haven't eaten anything in almost 2 days but ensures and have been sweating, puking and diaherra constantly without a minute of sleep yet and can hardly get up.

I'm in a sober house which has groups from 10 am - 8 pm and it's so demanding right now I feel like I might seize up or fall over and die.

I'm mandated by court to be here but I really feel I need to be in a hospital right now. This is my first benzo withdrawal and about 7th opiate detox.
Am I at a serious health risk? Was a 5 day benzo taper not sufficient for that long on valium? Please any advice I am really hurting and I can't do this anymore I need to sober up and straighten my life out,

How low did you get on your sub taper? Were you on any benzos prior to the 5 month long relapse? Have you ever withdrawn from benzos before in the past? (relevant due to kindling effect)

I'm fairly certain most will agree that 5 days isn't near long enough for the valium taper. I effectively did the same thing when I was coming off of xanax, but that certainly doesn't make it safe. Benzo tapers are typically seemingly ridiculously long, but they have to be for the brain to repair. I did a week long rapid taper for the xanax and it was about 9 months before I could say that I didn't notice anymore lingering w/d symptoms. Not to discourage you with that information, but it took a long time. I started feeling significantly better though after about 2-3 months. That detox was from ~2mg/day, but I also was on them in some form or another for ~6 years.

Always best to be safer if at all possible when coming off of benzos.

How low did you get on your sub taper? Were you on any benzos prior to the 5 month long relapse? Have you ever withdrawn from benzos before in the past? (relevant due to kindling effect)

I'm fairly certain most will agree that 5 days isn't near long enough for the valium taper. I effectively did the same thing when I was coming off of xanax, but that certainly doesn't make it safe. Benzo tapers are typically seemingly ridiculously long, but they have to be for the brain to repair. I did a week long rapid taper for the xanax and it was about 9 months before I could say that I didn't notice anymore lingering w/d symptoms. Not to discourage you with that information, but it took a long time. I started feeling significantly better though after about 2-3 months. That detox was from ~2mg/day, but I also was on them in some form or another for ~6 years.

Always best to be safer if at all possible when coming off of benzos.

Previous benzo use but 2-3 times monthly never addictively till this 5 months of daily use. The taper was fucked up like 5 mg of Ativan to .5 the last day and subutex 12 mg to 2 mg the last day over 6 total days I think. My brain is scrambled eggs right now and if I get high I'll detox in one of the worst county jails in the country and they'll probably ignore me when I say I'm detoxing. People die there all the time

But if I haven't had a seizure in 2 days am I ok? Valium
Has such a long half life I feel like if I go to the hospital they won't take me seriously. I've really fucked up this time