• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox detoxing from 7 year 200mg daily oxycodone. Have comfort meds, please help!

Kenified06

Bluelighter
Hello, I am 39 years old and been ready a long time to get off these oxy's. I have been on these for 7 years without a break and at 200 mg daily over the last year. I am at the point where I only take them to stay out of detox and feel like shit every single day. Ive got a bunch of comfort meds but need some guidance on how to go about this. Thr last few times I've tried cold turkey the WD is so intense there is no way in heck. Here is what I have. 55 of the oxycodone 15mg, 10x Tramadol 100 mg ER, 90x 0.1mg clonidine, 90x 300 mg Gabapentin, ibprofin, imodium, trazadone and baclofen. Heck I even have a 50 mcg fentanyl patch (never tried before) Can someone please help me come up with a plan to get me the hell off the oxy. I can't live like this another day. Thank you

I see alot about each of these on here but not sure what to take together or how much. Any info be great

Hey and welcome to Bluelight :Mario:

So you have a 200 mg per day oxy habit and have had it for 7 years and you want to quit totally?

Well, first you have to have the right mindset because it won't be easy. You can comfort yourself with gabapentin, Lyrica, Benzos, weed.........all kinds of stuff. And all those will help your physical body feel better. Should take about 10 days and the oxy will be out of your system ( providing you don't take any )

But......the mental part will be much harder. You will want to take some oxy. You will miss it. It has become a way of life. It has been your warm fuzzy blanket. What are you going to do when the cravings hit. The comfort meds will help but it won't be near as nice as the oxy.

If you are prepared and ready for the mental mind fuck of quitting a 7 year habit you will succeed. How bad do you want it? Are you willing to put in the hard work ?

If you are there's lots of people on here that will support you.

The oxy is nothing but a nightmare to me anymore. The warm fuzzy feeling went away long ago. I cannot do anything I once enjoyed. I lay around using enough pills to keep me from detox but never feel well. I want off more than anything I've ever wanted in my entire life and more than willing to put the work in. The only trouble I have, every time I've tried to go even a day without it starts to rip me apart so bad I cannot stand the punishment. I know I have to go cold turkey as I'm not going to pretend I have the mindset to taper. I tried subs once only to prolong the detox for awile. I have to get thru this. I need to find a way to make it doable with whatever meds I have and whatever I may need to get. I just need enough where I'm not laying here screaming in agony.

Yeah, tapering never worked for me either. If I have it, I'm gonna take it. Damn the torpedoes..........full speed ahead.

Might be a kind of trial and error thing for ya. Don't take any oxy one day and take the comfort meds instead. See how bad ( or good ) you feel.

Some people on here have kicked an oxy habit with nothing more than gabapentin ( or Lyrica ) some kratom and weed. I think the main thing is that you really need to want to be done and it sounds like you are. When we say enough is enough we are usually in the right mindset.

We're here for ya if ya wanna vent and we're here for ya during the process.

I've tried gaba just a few times before. I only took 150mg max though. I felt odd like it raised my blood pressure or something and didn't really help. I think the jittery and stuff was from the actual withdrawl though. I also think I should take way more. I have heard it makes you incredibly sleepy and pass out though which would be a good thing. Yep, I have no desire to take oxy anymore but I'm sure my body is going to crave the hell out of it. I don't even wanna keep a stash of 15s though cause I know I'll take them and prolong the suffering. Will the tramadol er 100 like twice a day be benificial or just cause me prolonged suffering as well? It's certainly going to help alot with someone, anyone, to speak with as I go thru this.

The oxy is nothing but a nightmare to me anymore. The warm fuzzy feeling went away long ago. I cannot do anything I once enjoyed. I lay around using enough pills to keep me from detox but never feel well. I want off more than anything I've ever wanted in my entire life and more than willing to put the work in. The only trouble I have, every time I've tried to go even a day without it starts to rip me apart so bad I cannot stand the punishment. I know I have to go cold turkey as I'm not going to pretend I have the mindset to taper. I tried subs once only to prolong the detox for awile. I have to get thru this. I need to find a way to make it doable with whatever meds I have and whatever I may need to get. I just need enough where I'm not laying here screaming in agony.
I don't think it would be a good idea to jump from 200mg to 0, the wds are gonna be pretty intense. Use the remaining oxys u got to taper to the lowest dose possible u can. Try to get to 120mg-140mg daily before u do the jump to 0. If u can get to 100mg a day it would be ideal but I don't think with the amount y got its gonna be enuff. Try to taper as low as u can first srsly. Then I could give u a schedule of pills for the first few days man. Hang in there. I quit a 100mg a day IV habit with just gabaprntin and tons of loperamide. U think u can ask ur Dr to prescribe u lyrica and one last script of oxy to do a fast taper. I can help you out man. Just let me know if u can do that.

I've tried gaba just a few times before. I only took 150mg max though. I felt odd like it raised my blood pressure or something and didn't really help. I think the jittery and stuff was from the actual withdrawl though. I also think I should take way more. I have heard it makes you incredibly sleepy and pass out though which would be a good thing. Yep, I have no desire to take oxy anymore but I'm sure my body is going to crave the hell out of it. I don't even wanna keep a stash of 15s though cause I know I'll take them and prolong the suffering. Will the tramadol er 100 like twice a day be benificial or just cause me prolonged suffering as well? It's certainly going to help alot with someone, anyone, to speak with as I go thru this.
U need to take 900mg-1200 even up to 1500 gabapentin a day for it to work, don't worry. It won't make you sleepy and it's a very safe drug it will get rid of most of the wd symptoms.errrr trsmsdol u could use em after uve finished all ur oxys.

I can't taper. I don't have the self control. I can't get anymore oxy until the 14th and don't really want it. I'm going crazy wanting off these things. I don't even want to take what I have. If it would be way to much at once.... I could use everything I have available and just take like 4 or 5 of the 15s a day and then taper when I get my script. I think that will just prolong the mysery though. I also have 1 maybe 2 of the fentanyl 50 mcg patches. I've never used fentanyl in my life though. How safe is that used the right way? Is 50mcg an hour even enough?

I took just 100 mg of gabapentin last night an felt like shit this morning and all day. I can get a 3 ounce bag of red vein krantom for 20 bucks. Should I take that? How much and how do I take the powder?

Ok I'll do that. I worry cause I feel so shitty on such small amounts. My wife swears though it takes a big part of detox away at high doses. Makes you pass the heck out all the time on it though. I want off the drugs bad. I'd much rather find a way thru this than put the damn fentanyl patch on and punk out

Ok I'll do that. I worry cause I feel so shitty on such small amounts. My wife swears though it takes a big part of detox away at high doses. Makes you pass the heck out all the time on it though. I want off the drugs bad. I'd much rather find a way thru this than put the damn fentanyl patch on and punk out
Pm me

I've taken the leap and closing in on 24 hours. Dosed 300 mg gaba and 50 mg tramadol. Im not feeling much if any physical pain. Tears and weakness right now. I'll dose higher as things get worse. This is certainly doable for those who wanna get off. If I can do this anyone can.

You can do it. One day at a time. Good food and sunlight/exercise is the key! If you wear yourself out it is much easier to sleep.

Kratom:
Bali Red got me off a 10-year habit of 150mg oxy daily. I swear by it, but kratom affects everyone differently. At least give it a try.

Sleep:
Try diphenhydramine + melatonin.

Gut issues:
Loperamide helps with intestinal stuff and some say it reduces cravings.

Psychological Issues:
Distraction, distraction, distraction. Binge-watch something you really like, preferably comedy. Listen to music you find comforting. Take walks on sunny days. If possible, go swimming. Play with a dog. Pet a cat. Read an engrossing book. Keep posting to BL.

Best wishes! ❤